The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

No worries, besides I can still lay claim to the Trine name. (333 cubic inches and 3 two barrel carbs)

1 Like

But where are your 3 barrel carbs? :thinking:

4 Likes

Well that makes 3 companies with 333ci small block V8s.

AEA also has one, though it didnt reach that displacement until 1970 -(err 1969 actually). But the engine was designed between 62-63, first produced in 1964.

1 Like

Presenting the 1973 Mott Works Savage

Featuring our brand new, low weight, high output, 427 V8 producing 435hp (net) propelling it down the 1/4 mile in just 13.4 seconds. Inside there are still 5 seats and a radio and a 4 speed manual transmission.

5 Likes

Given the options in Automation at present I would assume Imagination Land.

1 Like

i can already say that one of you disregarded the “set in reality” pointer…

Thats A Paddlin!!!

4 Likes

I’ve already seen a ‘$13,000’ car…

When I realized that the maximum price was $12,500 with no markups, I changed tack and decided on a small-block pony car to ensure that Ricky would have some cash to spare for aftermarket parts - if indeed he chooses to buy it. So far it seems to be working - the Wolf comes in at just $11,200…

If you mean mine, I just stated 13k or near offer for RP’s sake, which is why i posted the markets tab showing the actual 12,500 to crea- … err … avoid confusion.

That design though. Liked it so much KHT made a tuned version of the base model.

1 Like

Scarab presents their attemted foray into 1970’s Muscle Cars, The Meteor 342 SC

Powered by a 5.6 l crossplane V8 with SOHC heads, producing 280+ hp and 450+ Nm torque.
It accelerates the car from 0-100 in around 6.5 seconds and makes the quartermile in the mid 14’s.
And due to it’s IRS it actually handles corners very well too :slight_smile:

I’ve had this beast for around 25 yrs and restored it to its former glory and actually hate to part with it, but as it happens i need the money for other automotive endeavors, so…

Get yours today for only $12000

9 Likes

Hate to sound like i’m commenting on everyone, but there really isn’t much variation, most of these cars look the same to me. I hope my more wedge shaped wildcard does the trick…

An RR V6 italian 2 door coupe is not enough a wildcard? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I did say most. To be honest yours is rather sexy in my mind, and most seem to think so. One question about yours is, what is the drivability like. In the last muscle car round I did go over the top a little and created a 8 or something litre v8 beast that was rear engined and had 6 drivability…

And it crashed into another dealership on the way out of the lot :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Yeah, LLA consider that a publicity stunt to represent how quickly it pulled off of the line?!?

The dealership in question was mine :slightly_smiling_face:

Haha yeah, I’m trying to decide between submitting my quirky Adenine, which I know won’t win but kind of want to see reviewed anyway, and my Gasril, which is conventional to a fault but I think has a good chance of winning!

[quote=“LinkLuke, post:9320, topic:6447, full:true”]
Hate to sound like i’m commenting on everyone, but there really isn’t much variation, most of these cars look the same to me.[/quote]

I’m probably going to piss off a bunch of people with this, BUT…

To me, American muscle cars of the era pretty much all looked alike, except for paint schemes. Pony cars were a little more distinct in the 60s, but not so much in the 70s.

So them all looking alike in this competition? Not exactly a coincidence.

6 Likes

As an American, I actually tend to agree. Change the front, change the back, the rest of the car generally looks the same. Sure, some tried to be different, but I think car manufacturers go through cycles. They build unique and different cars until something changes in the industry and then everyone’s cars look the same for a few years or so, then the cycle repeats again.

So, yeah, the 70’s muscle cars all tended to look same-ish to me.

2 Likes