The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

Congrats to the top 5 and to 8bs! I was so close this time :laughing:

@koolkei, is it a Land Cruiser?

I guess the Storm Meteor sucked so much it didn’t get a review. Fair enough.

Koolkei, I’m pretty sure your car was based off of an Izuzu Trooper (Holden Jackaroo here in Aus)

lol you were channeling a Suzuki Escudo??? I guess I did really think it was larger than it was.

The Escudo Pikes Peak edition as driven by Nobuhiro ‘Monster’ Tajima will always hold a special place in my heart.

30 utility from ladder frame?.. D’oh facepalm
Well congratulations 8lb!
And I would’ve sworn that yours is a Land Cruiser, koolkei.

Thanks guys!! Great competition!

Thanks Niall for the reviews!

Ok, my turn, hope it’s not too difficult:

The year is 2010 and i’m looking for a small, compact car for cruising from home-school-work. I live on a big town with lots of traffic and very difficult parking. Normally i drive alone, but sometimes i need to carry one friend or another to go drink or party at night! I don’t care much about practicality and utility, just the enough to carry one bag, and one more person. Although it’s fine with me to have more than 2 seats, since the car stays small.

So, the car has to be small, economical, reliable, with a hint of confort and safety.

It may use regular or premium fuel.

I’m looking for a 2010 trim, but i also accept an older trim, between 2008 and 2010 (the model can be older, with no restriction year).

Also, and since it’s the only one i will have, it has to be fun to drive, kinda sporty-special trim stylish thing, so that i can impress my friends and be the coolest guy :stuck_out_tongue:

I like it sport and classy, but not to much “wanna-be” factor! Be sensible!

The max budget is 12.500**, although i could spend more if the car turns out to be really good.

(**there’s no minimum profit, but it will be good if your company still survives in case of warranty)

That’s it! Any question, ask me here!

Deadline: saturday, 23:59 of 6 february, so that i can review on sunday.

12.500 with 0% ?

Its up to you! But i’m glad if your company makes some profit!

Congratulations, 8lb! I didn’t expect my car to be ranked that high, with its oddball-ness and whatnot.

Since I forgot to post my car (for the previous competition), here it is:

are you looking for new only are will some used cars intrigue you?

I’ve updated the thread with more precise information!

automationgame.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=9081&start=180

I’m looking for a 2010 trim, but i accept trims between 2008 and 2010, no model restriction.

It can use regular or premium fuel.

My God, around 12500 retail sure is a squeeze :laughing: Fun to try get as much car as possible in that budget though.

You put sporty kind of separate, so is it wrong to assume it’s more important to you to have a fun car rather than a properly comfortable one?

I think I’m gonna have to sit this one out. I can make it to 12,500 but the car is absolute shit.

Challenge accepted! :smiley:

[quote=“Dragawn”]My God, around 12500 retail sure is a squeeze :laughing: Fun to try get as much car as possible in that budget though.

You put sporty kind of separate, so is it wrong to assume it’s more important to you to have a fun car rather than a properly comfortable one?[/quote]

Yes, i prefer a fun car, without penalizing too much comfort please! :smiley:

Well try your best!! I’m sure you will surprise me!! :smiley:

[quote=“AirJordan”]

Challenge accepted! :smiley:[/quote]

That’s the spirit!!! :slight_smile:

Sir, how important are driver assists to you? :smiley: :smiley:

How we submit our car? Via PM or posting it on the thread?

Hmm, i would skip power steering if the car is light or have very narrow tyres like Smart does!

Choose wisely! :wink:

Via PM, and post screenshots of the car, stats, and market, just like the other rounds! You can make ads too! Convince me!!

Hello, how hard would it be for you to park a Lotus Elise? :stuck_out_tongue:

About 2300mm/90,6" wheelbase right? A bit hard, but if the car is good, i would make an effort to search another parking space!