The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

Haha, I really liked the Zipp, it made me smile :slight_smile: I love the idea of a 100mph van that looks like two bathtubs glued together :stuck_out_tongue: The tiny wheels and 50% wheelspin were the icing on the cake!

2 Likes

cant wait for csr22

I just checked… No idea why would I choose 1945 as it clearly says 46. But the again, older stuff shouldn’t be that much a problem…compared to having markup at +50%…go figure why it’s too expensive :grin:
eh shame, I hope Zipp will have another shot at reviews some other time. when I read the damn rules

The reality was that the Zipp would have been a nightmare to drive at speed with such undersized wheels. And a van isn’t exactly the sexiest thing on four wheels anyway.

On a happier note, had the DR6 existed in real life, people would often be, among other things, taking surviving examples to the Goodwood Revival and racing them.

Holy shit! I didn’t expect to win this one. Okay, let’s look through that file, clean and save my Automation folder so it’s uncluttered, and try to come up with something good. I’m gonna take a couple hours here, though, because I don’t want to screw this up.

1 Like

The Car Shopping Round 22: One Car to Rule Them All

The year is 2017, and Luke, the robotic CEO and current owner of Storm Automotive, has been searching for the perfect car for more than a year now. Initially, it started as a want for a luxury car, but eventually grew into wanting a sports car, then a hypercar. Then that want changed again, and he found himself wanting a luxury car again.

That was when he realized that what he really wanted was both. The Luxury car with the heart and soul of a Hypercar. At the same time, he realized that with the price of gas always on the rise, fuel efficiency would be very important to keep in mind, and at the same time, reliability really mattered, as while he was comfortable fixing cars, it wasn’t what he really wanted to do.

This is where you fit in. Luke called you and several other manufacturers to Storm Automotive HQ, in the middle of Chicago, Illinois, to do business.

After the usual exchange of names, Luke’s next words hang heavily in the air. “I would like a car that does everything.”

After a few seconds to let the shock settle, Luke spoke again, “Specifically, I want a luxury car that is just as comfortable on the road as it is on the track. Something fast, fun, prestigious, reliable, and safe. The catch is that it also has to be fuel efficient. I know how easy it is to throw around mad horsepower numbers to get insane results around a track, but I also know the average hypercar needs a gas truck following it everywhere to make it between gas stations.”

So, with that in mind, here are the actual rules of the round:

Build Year: 2017

Submission Format:
Model: CSR22 - Username
Trim: Car Name
Engine: CSR22 - Username
Variant: Engine Name

Budget: $200,000 @ 0% estimated markup.

Fuel: Premium Unleaded.

No Production Restrictions. Yes, feel free to use Limited / No Mass Production parts.

Drivability, Sportiness, Comfort, Prestige, Safety, Reliability, and Fuel Efficiency are all important. Also, I’ll be looking at the cars and mildly judging on looks. This likely won’t matter much, but it is something to consider.

Feel free to ask questions, I’ll be answering them in character.

Today is Tuesday, October 4, at almost 8:00 AM CST. The Deadline will be Tuesday, October 11, at 11:00 PM CST. I’ll have results posted no later than Friday, October 14, at 11:00 PM CST, although I’ll be aiming to be ahead of schedule.

Good luck to everyone, and have fun!

6 Likes

Are emissions important? Also how many seats does Luke need in his ultimate car?

I do try to keep an eco friendly stance on things, and catalytic converters are required in the United States, but I live in Illinois, not California. Emissions, if you can keep them down, that’s fine, but I understand that some things just can’t be helped.

As for seating, I only truly need one seat, but it’s nice to have room for friends. Two seats will be fine, although I would prefer more, but I can’t see myself needing more than four.

1 Like

This round reminds me of the ill-fated (but eventually completed) 20th round, with its liberal rule set. But are we required to use an open beta build for our submissions?

Edit: Since you only need one seat and don’t want more than four it seems that this will be another GT Premium contest.

There could be stats differences between Stable and Open Beta. I’ll be judging in Open Beta. It’s not required to build in Open Beta, but I’d recommend it.

1 Like

i sense plenty of 1kHP cars coming…

so which is more important?

efficiency, luxury/comfort, or speed?

so 5 or 4 seats

And since sportiness factors heavily into a car’s final ranking, will you be considering their lap times around a track such as the Green Hell?

It will be a consideration.

They are all important, but, the least important of the three is efficiency. Though, with that said, fuel efficiency is still important.

1 Like

lvc S.H.L
trying to be best of all worlds
AWD
5 luxury seats
with a 4.1 liter turbocharged v12 DOHC --514HP, 523 nm
price 124.000 $
fuel economy 7.73 liter per 100 KM

3 Likes

another super expensive car round again. im not really going to win this it seems

@strop didn’t you just build one of these for your own personal bemusement? Does that meet the price rules or do the rest of us peasants stand a chance against that ludicrous GG creation?

3 Likes

Create a stylish, fast, expensive luxury sedan? No problem for Vanguard, we started doing this with the Malachite back in 1963, a big v12 engine up front and power going to the rear wheels proved to be a big hit with buyers who would have previously settled with a 5l V8 could now get something with proper power. Now, back to the future, the 2017 Malachite proves that the front engine recipie was not dead, with Vanguard producing mainly AWD or FWD cars by now. Featuring a 3.5l Twin Turbo V8FP producing over 400bhp and loads of legroom in the back, it is the perfect cruiser-come-track destroying boat. It performs well too, taking but 4.7s to increase speed to 60 from 0 and going on to 182mph with a 7 speed DCT and electric LSD. Oh, and it has THE most complicated engine name ever: the FB5-35T-DFI3-ITB-25

1 Like

Yes and no, I have a habit of refusing to use any interior with a comfort rating of more than “standard” :stuck_out_tongue: Ouroboros would probably still be considered a bit “Spartan” for these purposes.

To really win this, it does seem that this is most likely to be a GT round.

P.s. will have to work hard to win against stats Monster master phale… These kind of rules Play right into their hands…

1 Like

Being a robot, does Luke have emotions? Like if he sees a car of maybe feel its wibe and just know it’s the right one, or are his robobrains running only rational algorithms?
I have THE car but it won’t won any trump cards game, so if nothing irrational is possible I might do another build…