The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

who ever hosts lets just go to csr25 already

@lordvader1

ok post with my car was updated, if any of that matters. This is the closest vote yet. I will close it in 24 hours, so that rcracer11m can get on with hosting later.

I added all the stats to the original post which already had the images.

Are we ready for round 25? :smiley:

2 Likes

#CSR25 - Legendary Specifications
The legends car has been a staple of spec racing here in the US for nearly 20 years now, however their popularity has started to dwindle due to their age and the body style that appeals mostly to older people who aren’t in a state to begin racing. That means it’s time for a replacement.

You need to build a new spec series race car that will appeal to the younger generation, getting more people involved in the world of motorsports. In order to replace the legends car you must make something interesting to drive(sporty), with the right balance of difficulty (drivability/sportiness). Too easy and it won’t reward driver skill, too hard and the drivers will make too many mistakes and get discouraged. Comfort shouldn’t be lower than 15, we don’t want to break people’s backs while they’re out on track. You must use advanced safety, crashes are bound to happen at some point so it’s important that we keep the drivers safe. The actually safety stat is not very important to allow the use of old bodies, so you’ll need to use other methods to show more of a focus on safety. Noise can be an issue so max loudness is 50, also a catalytic converter is required.

As this is designed as a beginner racing series costs should be fairly low with purchase price below $20,000@50% with running costs such as fuel usage (at high rpm) and tires also being low. Any fuel is acceptable although whether higher octane is worth the increased price is up to you. Also as this isn’t a massive market no parts requiring a medium factory are allowed. The car trim should be for 2016.

Naming: Model: CSR25 - username
All other names are open

Deadline: 11:59 UTC 11-13-16

8 Likes

okay summerizing

• make a spec race car with good driv/sport balance
  • comfort >15
  • advanced safety required
  • noise <50
  • cats please (what about pre 70s car? assuming the year is free)
  • max $20000@50%
  • running cost and fuel drinkage when being pushed all out is considered
  • no parts that needs medium factory (no monocoque then?)
4 Likes

Pretty much, although since its supposed to be a replacement for the legends the trim should be newer so I’ll limit it to 2016 so cats are required. You are allowed to use a body of any age though.

Also monocoque is allowed but only aluminum or carbon fibre, although carbon wont fit in budget.

Are we supposed to use an old body (since this is Legends) or are modern bodies also allowed?

That answers your question :grin:

What’s the easiest way to know which parts require a medium factory?

No idea. Just hover your cursor over it to see if the pop-up dialog says something.

year??

Trim must be 2016

Just as a quick epilogue, the results of the poll are in to mark the beginning of the next round. It was just about as close as you can get!

• [color=brown]3rd- yours truly: Matteo Miglia De Silva[/color] fuck me I just can’t seem to win at my own contest :joy:
  • [color=grey]2nd- rcracer11m: Mott Works Apollo[/color] small but mighty but still pipped by a single vote!
  • [color=gold]1st- Leonardo9613: Ikkonagashi Sport 1170S[/color] too clever, too cool, too much temptation

I’ll record the results accordingly and away we go!

4 Likes

in short
build a perfect race car with trim 2016
any body
max 20000 with @50%

Here’s a few Questions:

1. Is it Advanced Safety at any quality, or above 0?
  2. Can we be a few points out (say 14.6 comfort) on stats?
  3. Sweetspot for wheelspin?
  1. I’ll allow any quality, although it may not be advisable to use negative quality
  2. Nope, limits are limits
  3. Some, how high you go is up to you with how it affects drivability

questions
should we make race ready race cars

or just cars that later will be made into race cars

Race ready cars. They are to be sold as racing cars, and as such do not need to be road legal.