The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

###i’m not sorry

i’m only sorry that i posted this in the wrong thread

5 Likes

It means less cylinders = safer, we need to buy more electric and import those 2-cycl Fiat 500s.

Blasphemy I will never give up my v8…unless i cant import it to France next year then I guess i will have to settle on a second hand Noble…you know just cause lifes to short to drive boring cars

Actually, it’s even worse.

It’s dry humping a Holden Astra and from the looks of it might even be leaking some fluids! But that’s what happens when you’re smashed off your face…:joy:

@HighOctaneLove advanced safety is still allowed right? just not that preferable?
if i have some spare budget below my target, i might just go for it

At last, I’ve managed to get my entry in, however it has been quite a challenge as I’m away from my main PC and am having to use a pitiful and under powered laptop that can just run Automation. This means I haven’t been able to get any photos of my entrant, but I can at least provide something that looks almost the same, as explained below :slight_smile:

I’m entering the 1996 Erin Merna X 2.0, which has been a bit of challenge to design as it’s larger (and in many cases stronger) than some of the other competitors, but I think there’s enough there to be interesting.

More specifically, this is the X-Tuned version of the Mk 5 Merna and was originally released in 1993. Powering it is a 2.0l SOHC i4 MPi, based off of the DOHC 2.0l i4 that powered the ErinSport BTCC version of this car and a number of other racing versions. That version, tuned to produce way more power, was able to fend off BMW 3 series’ and Vauxhall Cavaliers, so with any luck, the magic of that engine has found its way into this one.

Some stats so you can get an idea of what we’re talking about here: 175 hp, 0-60 in 6.8 seconds, top speed 138 mph. Sits towards the upper end for weight, coming in at 1098 kg, but it’s still packing a somewhat decent interior and some safety equipment (it was agreed by management that Erin’s ‘commitment to safety’ could be wavered for such a vehicle). All in all, everything you’d expect from a 90s hot-hatch.

Price: $15990. I guess that’s good value in some form?

Pictured below is the Merna Touring '92, the race version, but the looks are pretty much identical.

Here’s a link to the actual Merna Touring '92 for some more background on the Merna Mk 5

Best of luck everyone, I think this is going to be a seriously good round!

7 Likes

:persevere: 3 more days to deadline this is taking too loooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggg

1 Like

Someone’s got a case of Automation blue balls :joy:

That said I too really want to see all the entries side by side. Poor HOL, I have no idea how he’s going to pick.

6 Likes

DMA introduces the HH96, Barely legal for the provisional license with a 224hp v6. Crappy fuel mileage with a tendency to foul the back of the car with carbon already for you straight from the factory. Everything you don’t want for your teen, but everything they want.

3 Likes

OK, Christmas is over (here in Aus) and it’s time to present the obligatory list of entrants received so far…

@JohnWaldock
@Darkshine5
@DeusExMackia
@Zabhawkin
@abg7
@thegermanbeamer
@AirJordan
@DracoAutomations
@lordvader1
@TheUltimateD00M
@BobLoblaw
@TR8R
@Starfish94
@Leonardo9613
@Madrias
@strop
@Microwave
@Ornate
@nialloftara
@NormanVauxhall
@CamKerman
@ramthecowy
@Speedemon
@szafirowy01

There have been a number of excellent entries which is making the sorting of the entries really difficult. I just want to stress that 99% of you have entered excellent cars and that any ranking I make will be based on splitting hairs, subjective “captains calls” and gut feelings. As of now I have at least 6 entrants who could be considered outright winners; all of which have taken different paths to get there! :scream:

I now have to go the final two entrants I received over Christmas and start working out where everyone actually sits in this maelstrom of automotive amusement!

7 Likes

Soon I get to see how far down the list I am! :smiley:

oh shit. when’s the deadline again?

we still have something in the works

Hmmmm…

I’m keeping an eye on you… :expressionless:

oh don’t worry. it’s kind of an unexpected entry/ies

just sent mine in thanks for the list thought I had already

There you go! :grin:

Pragata Puspa Sedan S

In 1994 Pragata decide to create a AWD sedan that able to poke Subaru and Mitshubishi on the asphalt road but still can compete a little bit on dirt, since they lacking on original design they decide to create a sedan based on 1st gen Pragata Puspa since the chassis long enough. the top trim have the same spec as the Pragata Puspa from the 3L V6 engine to drivetrain. the result? it failed horribly since its too expensive, not even faster on track, and can’t even compete with the 2 door cousin.

now moving to lower trim the Sedan S instead the RS, you only have 1.7L I4 engine, same feature so no blank dashboard, lucky enough you still have AWD instead RWD and same 6 speed manual which make it a good starter rally wannabe car. It is fun enough to get stuck in the mud at middle of nowhere in rural area? yes. can you shame a Mitsubishi Galant? forget it son save your money for the RS trim.

the price? $19890, no less no more

3 Likes

Now that I’ve gotten back to working on my car for this, since i finished my HBL car, I’ve managed to get up to 40.4mpg and it’s pretty quick at 6.8 seconds to 60

2 Likes

But does it have shag carpeting?

1 Like

Introducing the 1996 Brivio Condurre Finale, this is the final version of this generation of Condurre, we wanted to give the car a proper sendoff, and for $19,760 this car ain’t half bad. We reached out to a fellow Automotive company for some help with our engine as our Turbo engineers were on holiday at the time this car was being developed, thanks to @koolkei for the crate engine, it was a good base for our engineer team to fiddle around with.

How cool would it be to own a bit of automotive history? very cool is the correct answer.

5 Likes