The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

Shhh dont inspire him like that

3 Likes

I’m currently a bit busy with Adenine’s lineup of 60s WTF-mobiles… but who knows, updating the Ambience shouldn’t be too difficult :stuck_out_tongue:

MAN SERIOUSLY U SHIT ME. ALL petrol stations in Australia sell 91 oct it is the most common fuel available in Australia period. Now e85 or 98oct can sometimes not be found rurally all though however 98oct is more common than the corn juice. If 98oct isnt available it usually means you are more than 500km from the coast. Please stop with your “knowledge” of Australia cause I am yet to c one comment from you that is correct.

3 Likes

@EnryGT5

Because it’s a “Crossover”, I’m guessing that a “Hatchback” would be as suitable as an “SUV” for body type.

Or does it need to be an SUV class vehicle?

mine one looks like a wagon like suv

2 Likes

Given how much I wanted to express my loathing for crossovers without damaging the Erin brand, I decided to come up with a whole new company that I could trash without any need to worry about repercussions and what not.

#Let me draw your attention to the elephant in the room.
Or should I say, the elephant-man in the room…

Alstrena would like to apologise for any nausea induced by looking at the DV-3

The Alstrena DV-3 is the most abhorrent excuse for a car that I have ever made. It’s uglier than fox poo, it drives like rotting vegetables and has an actual deficit of personal character. Owning this thing will actually reduce your life expectancy.

Alstrena didn’t put this car into production because its designer’s had a passion for automobiles. They didn’t make it to push boundaries or set a new standard for the automotive industry. No, they did it to fill a gap in a market that didn’t need to be filled, knowing full well that they could con brain-dead members of the public into thinking this car has more space than a similarly sized estate or MPV.

We already have a compact sedan and a compact hatchback and a compact coupe, which means we definitely need to spend millions of dollars developing a compact crossover, just to ensure we can use up every letter and number combination possible!

This particular trim is called the Vibe+, named that way so that the imbeciles who buy this thing can pretend they’re life is actually as cool as they think it is. Yet, it is beyond generic, and has all the features you would expect on a car several thousand dollars cheaper than it.

But that doesn’t mean sh*t to the owner of the DV-3, because this car has a slightly higher driving position, and that’s all that matters.

The DV-3 offers no reasons to buy it, no advantages over other vehicles and no benefits to owning it. It’s slow, heavy, handles dreadfully, has lower-than-average fuel economy for this sector, has a body that is too fat and looks too stretched for it’s own good, has no flair, no passion, no feeling to it whatsoever, and can be yours for $20160.

For that money, you could have:

A top of the range Erin Merna, a well-specced Brivio Roma, almost anything from the Maesima Prova range, this gorgeous RMW Vega, a metric-ton’s worth of Samindas, a base-level Adenine Valence, an Airbourne Yujin, some compact luxury with the IMP Nero, the Horyuji Keiko (which has the same amount of space for less money, meaning you could spec it up well), and loads of other cars that all have genuine passion put in to them, that will actually be interesting to take down a nice country lane, that have charm and character, that are reliable and trustworthy, that haven’t been made just to look good on a quarterly earnings report, that are actual cars made by people who care about automobiles and their drivers.

21 Likes

I think GM would like to have a word with Alstrena :wink:

6 Likes

My god :joy: you went full roast on that one

I’m also in the same boat though: precisely zero of the companies I’ve ever referenced would ever build an SUV much less a crossover. The only one that may even come close would be Hercules, but they wouldn’t do it: they build Real Utility only.

5 Likes

@DeusExMackia Interesting that you can have Yujin for money of that crossover, also nice that you mentioned my company’s car. :smiley:

Still would go with the Yujin. Not because it’s mine, but fact that I don’t like 90% of the crossovers very much and sports car with enormous in it’s class trunk seems ok to me

And your car is bland, boring and overall ugly plus seems to not have any pros.

2 Likes

Well, Zavir would build an SUV… In fact even builds two. But no way near that price :smiley: Hypera wouldn’t build anything for that price. PZS is on hold, and I don’t want to break the chronology.

Time for a Griffa again? That’s my fastest growing brand, and it doesn’t even have a post in Car Company Directory thread, let alone its own thread :smile:

Is it bad that I’m strangely attracted to this? I love how much effort you put into it :smile:

1 Like

@thecarlover Eheheheh…yeeeaaahhh…uh…could you just give me a moment to call our lawyers so we can get a defense put together just in case Pontiac want to start a lawsuit against us :sweat_smile:

@strop Trust me mate, it’s been a long time coming :stuck_out_tongue: And for goodness sake, don’t ruin the reputation of any company you’ve made thus far. Start fresh. It’s a must.

That was the exact intention. I’ll inform Marketing and tell them they’ve done well :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, you could do something very radical with a Griffa crossover - try to make it somewhat good and instill a bit of hope in the cross-over market…

@phale Thanks :grin: Please don’t tell me you actually like it. Even if it is one of those “I know how sh*te this car is, but I still love it” kinda things.

3 Likes

I actually kinda like the looks of it…

3 Likes

@rcracer11m

THIS IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE HAPPENING

7 Likes

Well you shouldnt of designed it so well

5 Likes

But I didn’t!

Look at it. Seriously. Take a second just to appreciate what an offense that front grill is.

The front grill is the best part though

We’re definitely looking at the same car, right?

I think so

I need to agree with @rcracer11m, I kinda liked it too.