The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

God dermit, that is some beautiful writing, loving the writeup so far! And of course my car is in the last batch of writing, guess it’ll be another tense night waiting for it :flushed: Appreciate the effort you have put into this, not easy at all to keep writing them!

2 Likes

on one end, i’m sort of glad that my car didn’t get reviewed this time.
on another, it’s another day of anxiety to finally see the results.

another love-hate feeling… nnnggggghhhhhhhhhhh

i got the feeling that Cacend is trying to one up my mobile orgy car from a few rounds back :stuck_out_tongue:

i can’t shake this out of my mind about the tuning of the visceral

there’s also a bit of a nudge about the tuning of a v12 there…
i wonder now… :smile_cat:

forgot to say.

another beautiful writing

and

you really know how to keep the tensions up don’t you? :wink:

1 Like

well, i can take solace in that my car wasn’t the worst. it handled well and blasted the cHoOnZ. but i was super conflicted with the gearing, and in the end chose wrong.

comin acha fro the left field tho :laughing:

Very pleased that strop understood every single of the design choices I made! :slight_smile: I don’t think I’ll win this as my car is just not crazy enough and maybe there’s still an excellent everyday car coming. But I’m very happy to have the Cisalpina around the top contenders and to have escaped any too vulgar review, as the car is not meant to be vulgar, too. I just noted that there’s only one sentence of direct speech (“This is… appealing”), so they must have spent the rest of the time doing what the car was made for.

Looking forward to the rest of the cars and the wrap-up!

Oh man, @strop this just keeps getting better and better! I really think the whole format works so well having properly fleshed out characters just add so much extra fun. :laughing:

This was a really diverse set of vehicles this time. But the Cisalpina was the standout for me I mean just in terms of design it achieves such a distinctive yet alluring shape. All with minimal excess and use of very standard fixture components. Nice work @Der_Bayer!

Looks like I also haven’t made it into this batch of reviews which as @koolkei and @Puffster mentioned is both super tense! But is also somewhat of a relief since our vehicles currently exist in a sort of Schrödinger’s cat state of being simultaneously discarded and still in the running.

Come what may, I’m really looking forward to reading the final reviews! :slight_smile:

Counting again, so far there’s only 3-ish car that has non conventional colors. (Im not sure about the solo, is that grey or silver?)
I think, i unexpectedly submitted a curveball. One of the only two? 4 bangers here

The Cacend did what it was meant to then, be a comfortable, unsuspecting cruiser (and I thought that 255s were big for fronts although it does run I think 305s or 325s in the rear with 20s or 21s in terms of rims.

You’ve clearly created the MERs to be a drag racer. There were a number of engineering choices that detracted from your goal of being a cruiser:

• Why no vvt when you went to the lengths of having vvl? You robbed yourself of huge amounts of low end torque and economy. No matter what, 20L/100km is terrible when this is not a Lamborghini.
  • 235 on the front is way too narrow when your car ended up being 1900kg with a front heavy weight distribution.
  • your brakes remind me of a 1962 Stingray. That’s not good. More pistons are good but at least make the discs large enough to effectively dissipate the heat. A car this fast and heavy needs at least 350mm front, closer to 315 rear. (To clarify, if you’ve a car with over 600hp and weighs 1.9 tons, you don’t want a 5% penalty for fade, as I mentioned in the review).
  • the suspension. I would suggest the ride height not be so low, because your car isn’t getting benefit out of that for sure. Also, I am not sure what the benefit of active Comfort settings are. Maybe that’s in line with your car’s vision, but just watch out for the economy and extra weight.
  • Electric diff: great for patching up the dynamics and also for that bit extra in the 0-100 but for a car in this price range, worth it? It’s bloody expensive.

Those issues were the core of why Kai was visibly disappointed when normally he’s just happy to be behind the wheel. But of course, obviously, the main problem is the car doesn’t fit the brief at all, you don’t really need my review to tell you that.

1 Like

I agree with you - And your reviews are, quite frankly, second to none.

I feel as angry at Sam as Kai must have been when the Brutus went off the road.

I feel a little robbed too. The “only fat American I’ve ever enjoyed” showed so much promise.

My associates from Jersey may have to have a chat with Sam considering the amount of damage he caused to our vehicle for failing to adhere to the clear warnings and instructions in the owner’s manual.

hey at least your car didn’t injure the target buyer when you stability was turned off…the Muse on the otherhand. btw posters are available at all DSD dealerships

Worry not, that Sam turned off the stability control without warning won’t affect the result. But he really does have a knack for fucking things up. In the final event of the Barely Street Legal League in 2014 (okay to be fair it was more like a war), he totalled their experimental prototype, resulting in no tech updates from GG for the year, plus of course the loss of their multimillion dollar build. He does have uses and a vital place in the family, of course, or he would have had the door slammed in his face.

Also, “only fat American that I enjoyed” is MASSIVE coming from Kai. His prejudice is as deep as it is petty.

I know it is. That is precisely why I feel robbed by the idiocy of Sam. Kai didn’t blow me off or discount the car as American excess, even if the car is basically a bastardized Shelby GT350R on steroids that are laced with cocaine. I was hoping for at least a full lap.

I have a confession to make at this point: I don’t actually have a solid idea for a full lap of the test track LOL.

All I know is that requires a combination of extreme high speed, and medium speed and slower corners, and a section which chains the corners together. It has an outside track, an inside track and the “rough twisty” road is separate. And of course there’s a skid pad.

My main issue with the location I’ve picked is that there is little in the way of elevation change, so there’s not much engine stress testing or downhill braking.

But the point is, I’ve cherry picked the features from testing because I don’t have a set structure for the track.

a little bit od googling resulted in some pretty good suggestion for the said imaginary test track

2 of these are from a game.

3 Likes

I recognize the first two tracks - the first one is Complex String from Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec and the second is the Ascari Race Resort in Ronda, Spain (the latter actually exists in real life). I just wish that someone could make custom test tracks based on these for us to use, elevation changes and all… including myself.

THAT’S what it was… i forgot the name…

why wait? there’s someone already made a track editor for automation. if you REALLY want it, why not make it yourself? why wait for someone else to make it?

Yeah just use the forum search function for track editor. There should also be tutorials, but, generally you can quite easily learn it for yourself! Why do you think there are so many user submitted tracks?

Didn’t somebody already make Complex String? Though some of these might help me refine ideas. I just really want a facility or road that has some real elevation changes so the crew doesn’t have to go illegal street racing every time they want to test on a decent gradient… :joy:

soooooooo it’s already past yesterday’s release time…

any updates?

Final results are about half an hour away.

Just as well too, I’ve got a 13.5 hour shift tomorrow.

7 Likes