The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

I think I’m gonna have to sit this one out. I can make it to 12,500 but the car is absolute shit.

Challenge accepted! :smiley:

[quote=“Dragawn”]My God, around 12500 retail sure is a squeeze :laughing: Fun to try get as much car as possible in that budget though.

You put sporty kind of separate, so is it wrong to assume it’s more important to you to have a fun car rather than a properly comfortable one?[/quote]

Yes, i prefer a fun car, without penalizing too much comfort please! :smiley:

Well try your best!! I’m sure you will surprise me!! :smiley:

[quote=“AirJordan”]

Challenge accepted! :smiley:[/quote]

That’s the spirit!!! :slight_smile:

Sir, how important are driver assists to you? :smiley: :smiley:

How we submit our car? Via PM or posting it on the thread?

Hmm, i would skip power steering if the car is light or have very narrow tyres like Smart does!

Choose wisely! :wink:

Via PM, and post screenshots of the car, stats, and market, just like the other rounds! You can make ads too! Convince me!!

Hello, how hard would it be for you to park a Lotus Elise? :stuck_out_tongue:

About 2300mm/90,6" wheelbase right? A bit hard, but if the car is good, i would make an effort to search another parking space!

Introducing the 2010 CMC Play Green, if you want a cute little Japanese toy that is extremely practical this is the car for you. weghing in at less than 1000kg it is a lightweight 800cc Kei car that has been adapted for markets outside of Japan, yes we know the car looks surprised. This car is extremely easy to park and will hapilly whiz around the city streets and will not at all feel out of place on any motorway (just give yourself extra room to get up to speed and maybe also avoid lorries as they like to eat cars like this hence why we only sell them in bright colors so its hard to miss). It may only have 4 seats but it is intentionally designed to be driven by younger people who need a car that can get them from A to B while sipping fuel and costing as little as possible. This car comes with all standard safety features including ABS and Stability Management, side impact airbags are included as standard as are ISOFIX car seat points (just in case, you are young and reckless after all). The interior is extremely basic but functional including waterproof vinyl seats that (if you wish) can be hosed down, a AM/FM radio is also included with the standard car.

This car is very light on its feet and is designed for very nimble handling - Head of design at CMC’s Tokyo division
This car should take the young market by storm, the younger generation will love it and we hope it becomes somewhat of a fashion accessory - Head of marketing at CMC’s European Headquarters

The price is slightly higher due to us having to factor in the costs of exporting from the factory of Japan and the various import taxes of European countries and the United States

So you need a small, compact car, for your daily commute but it should be also stylish and fun to drive?

Take a look at our entry sports coupe, the 2010 Revera CS 2.6.

Why do we at Revera think its the best car for you? It’s compact, stylish but sensible, practical for its size, and most of all, its fun to drive AND affordable.

As the name suggests its features a 2.6 Liter inline 6 Cylinder engine, producing 168HP and 235NM of torque. Coupled to a six-speed-manual gearbox powering the rear wheels the Revera CS 2.6 accelerates from 0 to 100km/h in 7.5 seconds. All companioned by the **glorious ** sound of an inline 6 engine. But when you need to stop, the ABS assisted 2 piston brakes will stop you in 36m. It also features a 2 stage electronic stability control as standard, so you can enjoy driving enthusiastically while staying safe.

Its standard interior features three, yes, three cup-holders, a/c conditioning and a cd player and 4 airbags as standard. Have we mentioned that this sporty coupe is has four seats? Even you if you are traveling alone, its more roomy and you can throw some luggage behind the seats when you need to.

But a rear wheel drive sports coupe with a inline 6 must be expensive, right? Not with the Revera CS. It’s especially targeted for young car enthusiasts on a tight budget. It’s rated at 7.5L of fuel/100km, has low maintenance costs, long life 205mm tires rear and front, and has a reliability rating of 78 points, but we’ll include a 3 year warranty, so you don’t have to worry at all.

How much? $12,947. Exceptional value for your money.

1 Like

Asdren similarity btw our cars is too damn high :confused: I’m not sure if I should rethink or just go with it…

Glad i was first :stuck_out_tongue:, but no problem for me. I think the stats will differ even if its the same concept.

Similar design, layout, I6…just mine is slower and more expensive so yeah…that works well.

[quote=“8bs”]

About 2300mm/90,6" wheelbase right? A bit hard, but if the car is good, i would make an effort to search another parking space![/quote]

Sounds good, and erm, the important question of this competition: How long do you intend to keep the car?

[quote=“Dragawn”]

About 2300mm/90,6" wheelbase right? A bit hard, but if the car is good, i would make an effort to search another parking space!

Sounds good, and erm, the important question of this competition: How long do you intend to keep the car?[/quote]

About 5 years!

This challenge is the first where I’ve had issues with my brakes being too “good”, have to reduce quality to improve drivability and sportiness even with drum brakes!

The city car of your dreams!
Only 1,78m wide and 2,84m long, this snazzy little car will fit into any parking space you may find and thread through traffic like a dream. 0-100 km/h is done in 7,7 seconds and you will only consume 7,37L/100km of urban jungle you travel. With slim tires and a reasonable(ish?) engine it has everything you need with 89hp and only 1883 in running costs. Cruise along calmly or hear the roar of the engine all the way to 8300rpm to blow your friends minds!

[size=150]The ABR Bee - Blue Blitz edition[/size]

And don’t worry. Even though you can buy the car at 12.480$, we still make a healthy profit on the Bee.

1 Like

Hello there young man! Welcome to Solo Motors Co. May we present to you the 2010 Solo Beaver Sport BM, costing a mere $12,495. This example in lava red is sure to have you standing out from the crowd, but it comes in a variety of colours if this one doesn’t tickle your fancy. So what do you get for such a low price? A stylish, sporty, economy coupe that seats four. That’s right, it’s a 2+2, so you can haul a few people around when you need it, or you can fold the back seat flat and have loads of storage space for a long trip. The sport-tuned suspension and small dimensions make it great to drive and park on tight city streets. The Solo NarrowSpace doors also slide forward slightly so you don’t have to open them as wide. That’s right, these long coupe doors need less space to open than the typical shorter door design.
Under the hood is a 1.1L turbocharged 4-cylinder connected to a 6 speed manual driving the rear wheels. I know, I know, the engine bay is huge but the engine is so small, but don’t worry, it packs a decent bunch for such a low price, and the engine bay could easily accomodate a much larger engine if you ever want to tackle that project. Of course, with such a small engine, you get a mere 4.67L/100 km! On cheap regular fuel! Incredible, right? 0-100 km/h is done in 10.6 seconds and the top speed is 198 km/h. This is an economy car that looks and handles like a sports car, so you get practicality and low running costs with the cool factor that a hatch wishes it had. Running costs in Fruinia (that’s closest to your market, right?) are only $1098 per year!
Compare this with other cars and realise that an economy car with cool factor is a rarity, and being designed as it is, you can easily invest in upgrades over time with the money you save on gas and taxes. This is in fact a starter car, and with select Solo Motors certified parts of even cheap aftermarket ones, this is a car that can grow with you for years to come. Of course, with the high reliabilty and 5 year warranty, you won’t have a reason to replace it any time soon.

1 Like

And now for something different!!!

Here’s an advert for a car you read about in your local Autotrader style car sales magazine…

[quote]

For sale, 1995 Bogliq Coyote 240SE, fresh import from Japan with all compliance work done so it’s ready to register.

Have to see to believe, extensive modifications, too many to list. Urgent sale as I need the garage space!

$22k ono[/quote]

After doing an extensive search on the internet you find out that this car is the fabled ride of D1GP debutante, Itsuki Takeuchi. This Bogliq Coyote was extensively modified by the fabled Bogliq tuner, Hiro Tamagochi, who readied this car for the 2008 D1GP season. Unfortunately, despite winning “Debutante of the year”, Itsuki failed to consolidate his wins into championship success and was unable to secure funding to run in the 2009 season. Pundits suggested that this was because Itsuki was always getting airtime on bumpier tracks which, although spectacular, cost him many crucial wins…

Your brother/sister/mate contacted the seller looking to feel him out on the price and he’s willing to drop to $20k for a quick sale!

Are you willing to take the chance and buy an automotive icon and be the envy of the ENTIRE internet? Because if you do, you’ll never regret being the DIGP king! :sunglasses:

A small vehicle with the layout of a Bugatti Veyron, and an amazing fuel economy at full belt.

The 2010 Facciamo Empire FTL.

Yours now at a reduced price of $12,500.

(It is bad, mkay?)

1 Like