The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

why not small engine, low power :smiley:

1.0 liter inline 4 pushrod making 50 hp

not more than 250

Youā€™ll fail the ā€œdonā€™t want to get chopped at the lights by a city carā€. In 2019, your average city car will probably be doing 0-100 in under 10s.

1 Like

lel nah

(double post though)

one engine is a 2.4L V6 making 115hpā€¦ but gets pretty good economy, and have wide, early peak torque.
the other one is a 1.8l 4 bangerā€¦ good, but iā€™m scared itā€™s a bit more typical.
havenā€™t tried an inline 3, neither have i tried a v8. but a v8 making less than 200hp isā€¦???

FTFY

I used a 1.6-liter straight-four, and given that sportiness is a priority (as are reliability, drivability and cost), I tried to maximize its specific output without bolting on a turbo and ended up with just over 150 bhp. In a car as light as mine, it may be enoughā€¦ or is it?

If most of you guys are using the Open Beta, i could switch over to avoid compatibility problems.

@strop No, as far as i know we donā€™t have any kind of turbo limitation in Italy. BOOOSCHT all you want. (As long as i donā€™t slide into a tree and total my sweet new ride.)
@koolkei Both HP and displacement are important.
@lordvader1 In the OP i said 200HP were going to be a bit too muchā€¦ 250HP would kill my wallet faster than Steam Summer Sales.

As of Day 2 i received entries from:

@BobLoblaw
@lordvader1
@DoctorNarfy
@Madrias
@abg7
@TheUltimateD00M

If you sent your car in and your name isnā€™t featured in this list, PM me.

Iā€™ve been a bit absent lately, but donā€™t worry, iā€™ll be more active soon.

1 Like

Iā€™m not really going to take part this time (well, I havenā€™t any timeā€¦ yet :slight_smile:) but Iā€™ll ask just out of curiosity - are used cars really so expensive in Italy (3% depreciation in a year)? In Poland Iā€™d say itā€™s like 10% :stuck_out_tongue:

Iā€™m sure thats more for balance purposes.

My car is currently in the open beta.

we really need a confirmation from roundmaster which version that we gonna use ASAP to avoid confusion. personally iā€™ll just follow the roundmaster decision

Open Beta. Iā€™ll update the OP as well.

3 Likes

Presenting the entrant from Erin for this round:

The 2002 Erin Visto Lex 1.4 - in [color=olive][humanism]Pastel Olive Green![/humanism][/color]

Cheap as chips, simple as soup and care free, itā€™s the fun supermini youā€™ve been looking for.

Alright enough of the marketing drivvle, letā€™s hit up the stats:
5 seat, 5 door supermini with a Millenial 1.4l i4 TDi engine under the bonnet producing 89hp, 0-60 in just under 12 seconds, top speed is bang on 110 mph, pretty bog standard. Great reliability, 50+ mpg combined cycle and pretty comfortable too.

What it lacks in performance it regains in practicality, value for money and character. Itā€™s the automotive equivalent of a Yorkshire Terrier (but please do not try to pet the car like itā€™s actually a dog).

10 Likes

My company in the 1970s in a nutshell, apart from a couple exceptions.

well okay, 1970s v8 are acceptable at that figure

Not sure which Maesima vehicle I should go for this roundā€¦Iā€™ve got an unwinnable wildcard entry, sports option that is unlikely to win or a safer more boring yet practical choice similar to many of the ones already in this round.

2 meter wheelbase :smiley:

4 Likes

Although there is a maximum wheelbase of 2.5 meters, is there also a minimum limit on wheelbase? I would never have wanted to build something that was too small.

Seriously, read the post. Less than or equal to 2.5 meters.

no actually for once. he has a point. just how small is too small for @EnryGT5 preferences?
(alongside that, maybe rules?)

but though, if youā€™re considering to build a car thatā€™s super small, youā€™re already considering defeatā€¦

Iā€™m going to weigh in and say that this is actually an unnecessary question if you bother to think about it and youā€™ve been playing the game for long enough.

Small car will mean more money for things but also harder to meet safety, comfort and practicality requirements depending on the tradeoffs. The other criteria should help determine your choices, unless youā€™re in the habit of making poor choices and need your hand held :stuck_out_tongue:

thatā€™s what my last sentence basically says??