The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

I’ll update the thread titles as soon as I can!

We seem to be getting heaps of practice at making daily drivers. This is ok, since it is a highly competitive market with a lot of conflicting considerations. If any future host is inclined to be a bit wilder or adopt a different persona, I would be happy for them to do so!

Hello, and welcome to Solo Motors Co.

We have many cars filling any market segment you can think of, but I believe what you’re looking for is the 2015 Solo Beaver SSM. The SSM stands for Super Sport Model, and you won’t be disappointed. I should point out that it’s only 26,355, so just below your budget, but I assure you the car is worth this price compared to more affordable alternatives. The Beaver SSM was designed to be a cheaper alternative to the Honda Civic Type-R and Volkswagen GTI.
What you get is a 5 seat compact sedan with a 2.0L turbocharged I4 producing 255 hp and 329 Nm and revving up to 6800 rpm. It has a 6 speed sequential transmission and AWD, and does the 0-100 km/h in 5.6 seconds with a top speed of 248 km/h. That’s right, it’s faster off the line than the Type-R and GTI. It still manages a healthy 7.7L/100 km, so you won’t go broke paying for this performance. As far as handling goes, it has double wishbone suspension front and rear, semi active sway bars, 17" alloy wheels, disc brakes on all wheels, and it laps the Green Hell under 9:20.
For the body, it’s a sleek four-door coupe design with an AHS steel frame and aluminium panels. Being a Canadian company, Solos are designed to weather the elements with a salt season of at least 4 months on most on the country’s roads, so environmental resistance is over 90. This car will not rust away on you.
Finally, for the interior, we went the premium route in all ways possible, because why not have comfort with your performance? The leather interior is as practical as it is stylish, with plenty of storage compartments. The premium infotainment system is touch-screen operated with AM, FM, and satellite radio, CD player, MP3 connectivity and even a built-in hard drive. We also included DVD players for the rear passengers, and the 10 speakers provide the most immersive listening experience. Of course you might just want to listen to the engine note instead, especially when that turbo spools up and you climb above 6000 rpm. The advanced safety will take care of you if things go wrong, with more airbags than there are speakers.

So, do you want yours in Super Sport Blue?

[quote=“strop”]I’ll update the thread titles as soon as I can!

We seem to be getting heaps of practice at making daily drivers. This is ok, since it is a highly competitive market with a lot of conflicting considerations. If any future host is inclined to be a bit wilder or adopt a different persona, I would be happy for them to do so![/quote]

And that is why I kinda wanna win. I’ve had something planned for this contest for a while.

While cruising along in the passengers seat of your girlfriends car, a sound byte for obscure Moldovan car manufacturer, Bogliq, assails the cars cabin…

[quote]Keeping the High Performance flame alive is Bogliq Automotive!!!

Presenting the MY2015 Bogliq Coyote RS; big fun, big thrills, little pricetag!

Grab one at your Bogliq dealer today!!! Buy better, buy Bogliq…[/quote]

When you reach home you download the brochure and get the vital stats for the new Coyote…

So, Does Man wish to purchase Machine for the drives?

Then come on down to local GAG Sales Yard, for new Edriv Blin Klashnik Await your!

If you looks for the cheap and fun local car for two doors and seats of five, then Blin is car you for want!

With Line Six Engine of Calendars and One Turbo for Economics, The Blin is all together for that.

Black and with paint chrome, the Inside is full of good detail of minor!

A (Not so) Functioning Infratainment System and many funs, you have joy yes!

Getting Over 10 kilometers to the leatr, and being as reliable as Lada, you can of never go wrongs!

Buy today for Funds of 27,720!

Edriv is gooder!

Note: Advertisement was translated poorly from russian. Our Russian Translator got very drunk the night before.

[quote=“strop”]I’ll update the thread titles as soon as I can!

We seem to be getting heaps of practice at making daily drivers. This is ok, since it is a highly competitive market with a lot of conflicting considerations. If any future host is inclined to be a bit wilder or adopt a different persona, I would be happy for them to do so![/quote]

Were I to win, I’d likely throw a wrench in the finely tuned machine. I’ve got two or three ideas for this that don’t involve shoestring budgets and tiny eco cars.

boarding the ‘if i won’ bandwagon

i was actually also planning on an econoshitbox. but with how much ‘realistic’ competition so far, i might think of something different, something along the lines of, efficiency racing :smiley:

Theres no denying that this car is sexy :smiley:

edit: marketing guy fired because he cannot spell interior :laughing:

“New car smell comes free”

SOLD! :stuck_out_tongue:

How important is the 0-60 time @Asdren?

My old car did somewhere around 8.5s, i would definitely like to improve on that by at least more than a second.

Excellent. I reckon I’ve got that sorted.

I feel I’m close enough on that.

uhhhh question…

1. are you on open beta asdren, and if you are
  2. since now the price is all screwed up because of the ‘tycoon part’ of the game, how do we go about this?

my unfinished car was yesterday price roughly at $26k with 5%, now, there only a ‘estimated’ price of around $20k if i do nothing on the ‘factory/tycoon’ part

[quote=“koolkei”]uhhhh question…

1. are you on open beta asdren, and if you are
  2. since now the price is all screwed up because of the ‘tycoon part’ of the game, how do we go about this?[/quote]

Yes, i am.

Well, i totally forgot about the coming update and I haven’t reviewed any of the submitted cars yet.

Do you guys have an idea on how we can sort this out?

[quote=“asdren”]
Do you guys have an idea on how we can sort this out?[/quote]

We could redo our cars to fit the new update. :slight_smile:

Or we can lower prices or something like that.

I am happy to redo my car if we need

You could opt out of the open beta, then uninstall and reinstall the game. I think that should solve that issue. And maybe anyone who hasn’t submitted a car yet could do the same?

@asdren how about you open the cars already sent to you and compare prices in the add (lets hope they did not play any tricks) with those in game (default) so you can get a clue about new prices and those of us who did not send you yet will just play by those rules. All you have to do to make it fair is not to be picky with every 100$ when comparing pre and post update cars.

So if I understand correctly, the version that was on open beta until now, is now standard? If that is the case then i am fine with that.

I just opted out of the open beta, and some of the imported cars seem to cost around $300 less than advertised. But if that’s the only difference, i am fine by using the standard version.

That will only work if price calculation is altered and the stats and spec calculations are the same between the old and new open beta. Is that the case?