The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

A coupe or convertible would do just fine; I don’t prefer one over the other.

And so you don’t care whether it’s front-engined, mid- or rear-engined?

When you say[quote=“abg7, post:4217, topic:6447”]
while drivability and comfort are moderately important.
[/quote]

is there any specific level that needs to be reached when it comes to comfort specifically, some minimum value maybe?

Edit: and please do keep us informed in the case those three bodies do start working

1 Like

Liking the brief of this challenge, although I’m not sure if I can make a car very expensive or prestigious.

The cheaper, the better? :slight_smile:
Though, I can already see that this won’t really be in the market for Tare. Maybe I’ll go Swiss.

At Storm Automotive, we have three really fast cars available.

We have the Cascabel, our “Hypercar on a Sports Car Budget” car, a really strong performer in its own right.

We have the Mamba, our usual mid-level “Starting to get Serious” car, packing even more power and better handling.

Then we have the Taipan, our “Top of the Line” hypercar. Typically, this would ship with a 2002 horsepower 8.4 liter V12… But it wasn’t quite reliable enough.

So we sent a project idea over to our Raceworks Division, where they built a new V12 for your Taipan. It’s not quite the 2000 horsepower beast, but we don’t want you thinking that your Taipan is all that slow.

No, our Raceworks Division made sure that despite the ultra-lean 15:1 compression ratio, you’ll throw down 1560 horsepower. Instead of buzzing the limiter at 10,000 RPM, you get 9,000, but it makes the engine… Much more reliable.

Then we paired your new engine with a 7-speed ShiftTronic II gearbox, tuned by Luke to have shifts so fast you’d think the car’s reading your mind. Want to have your mind blown? Push the Auto button while in Sport or Race mode and this seven-speed dual-clutch gearbox will prove to be even more responsive.

But you want to see it, I’m sure.

The side pipes are hooked up to the exhaust bypass valves, allowing the car to cut in just after the catalytic converters and let all the noise out, at least when you’re really pushing it, although they’ll only ever open in Race mode. Keep in mind, this isn’t just a very fast street car, this is a race car built to be street legal.

The dual-plane rear wing provides an exceptional amount of downforce, which is needed with this car to make it anything other than a tire-frying ballistic missile. Active Aerodynamic flaps sit in front of the wing, designed to deploy in turns to apply differential drag, enabling blistering fast corners. Fuel doors on either side mean that no matter which way they have you facing as you come down the pit lane or up to a gas station, you’ll be able to fill the 32 gallon racing-grade fuel cell.

The aerodynamic bubbles on the roof are there for a purpose: They provide a little extra clearance when you’re on the track and have to wear a helmet. The center aerodynamic pod contains your radio antenna, GPS navigation antenna, and the antenna for your two-way communications radio.

But what about the interior? Two racing bucket seats with 5 point harnesses are provided, though we added a little extra padding so that the car doesn’t truly batter your bottom on a long drive. Center console has a premium-grade infotainment system, providing a comfortable arrangement of speakers, a CD player, and Bluetooth connectivity to your phone.

Also, take note of how nicely we hid the rollcage in with the carbon fiber bodywork. You could drop this car on the roof from 60 feet and, provided you were belted in properly, unbuckle your harness and walk away. We believe in safety, because you can’t predict when accidents will happen.

As for the price?

About $177,500.

5 Likes

I will accept front-engined and mid-engined cars, although I would recommend a minimum value of 40 for both drivability and comfort.

2 Likes

@abg7
you say it won’t appear in your game that tends to happen

how to fix it

go to SteamApps\common\Automation\GameData\

in GameData folder delete everything except Camso folder

so you force the game to redownload everything

He’s already done that

did it work?

Wow, another supercar challenge… Y…a…y…

1 Like

So far, it hasn’t.

Coincidentally, this is quite a good time for my new 500km/h car (not Mercury) to make a debut…

It’s going to need a bit of padding to fit the safety requirement though. And it may have… Drivability issues. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Go right ahead. I know the Taipan doesn’t have a chance against the other hypercar manufacturers, I’m just in this for the reviews.

THE HYPE(rcar) IS REAL! :grinning:

And now for my entrant…

It’s the Erin Scarlet X 3.8! Again!
While I have already entered this car into CSR rounds before, this is (what I’m calling) the improved, final version. Built on the new, smaller 00s Sports Coupe body as that’s the size this car has always meant to be, there just hasn’t been the right body to do it.

Aside from that, it’s buisiness as usual. 507 hp 3.8l V8, 0-60 in 3.7 seconds, top speed of 216 mph, and yours for $92250 (with the 50% markup).

7 Likes

aw, I just had a look at the car. The 500km/h one is too expensive :frowning: so I guess I’ll just have to sell a mid-tier GG car instead

Oh no! What a terrible, terrible shame. I mean, I guess we’ll just have to settle for something that only does 400 kmh… :wink:

3 Likes

:unamused: you could totally walk faster, life at that pace must be agonizing right

When one has experienced 500km/h, 400km/h must feel, like, glacial.

p.s. am shattered that the new bodies don’t seem to be working, are you sure you can’t get them working @abg7? :sweat_smile: I would really want to offer you a super sexy new Batmobile :joy:

3 Likes

try unsubscribe and subscribe again

First Order Automotive would like to present to you…

LIME!!

It’s got the looks…

It’s got the V12…

Its got bags of Prestige, Sportiness, Comfort and Safety…

Excellent reliability…

And it’s GREEN!!!

And all this comes in at a smidgeon under £180k and we’ll throw in a full tank of petrol for you.

And[spoiler], if all of the “Masters of the Hypercar” fail to submit an entry (fingers crossed),[/spoiler] it’s the perfect car for you!

10 Likes

I’m not sure I’ll get time to enter this round but I’ll put up my entry from CSR25 if anyone wants to use it as a base. I’m sure with a better engine and some refinements it could be a real contender. I’ve put it up in the ‘open car’ thread if anyone wants to use it click here

1 Like