The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

Well at least you know such a contraption would have a comfort of like 0 and a drivability of -9999.

2 Likes

I know the feeling. I do the best I can from time to time. I get the same feeling, that everything I’m up against is way out of my range of competition. But I have fun throwing ideas together with the challenge within the challenge that I tend to do.

I just hope my car holds it’s own. On a straight up speed challenge, I know my car won’t take the top honors. But hopefully it won’t be the slowest either.

I just felt that a hypercar challenge needed a Taipan.

Well, I went more towards the wild-card route this time, mainly for the notoriety of having a Muscle car that feels very old-school, and to see what comments it gets in the review.

1 Like

There are just under 24 hours to go before the deadline.

As of now, I have received entries from:

@Madrias
@TR8R
@Matti
@DeusExMackia
@szafirowy01
@Fayeding_Spray
@HighOctaneLove
@BobLoblaw
@lordvader1
@thecarlover
@CamKerman
@nialloftara
@findRED19
@TheUltimateD00M
@NormanVauxhall
@DoctorNarfy
@DracoAutomations
@JohnWaldock
@nerd
@titleguy1
@AirJordan
@thegermanbeamer
@Denta
@rcracer11m

I expect to have the reviews ready before the deadline as well.

2 Likes

You can’t just change rules right before a deadline that excludes otherwise eligible vehicles.

7 Likes

well i dont have much time but here is Legrand Ortus the supercar that you will have ton of fun.
Note:im sorry that it isnt as fuel efficent as you want but i tryed and if i wanted to make it more fuel efficent the car wouldnt meet your other standards so yeah enjoy the 20.74L/100km.

3 Likes

@abg7 You really are changing the rules THIS LATE in the competition?!
Are you mad?

Just because you didn’t want a particular user’s Van submission! Your rules had that loophole, and you didn’t catch it until now, A DAY BEFORE submissions are due! You can’t just willy-nilly change the rules to satisfy Your Expectations the day before submissions are due!

The only exception is if the body for some unknown reason just doesn’t work with your game. But even then, you already specified what bodies (and by extension what fixtures) you could not use due to problems, and I’d hope that’d include this van (and pickup-trucks and stuff) just to cover all your bases.

10 Likes

I agree with^

6 Likes

#THE VAN COMMUNITY MUST RISE UP

12 Likes

######For some fucking reason, imgur keeps uploading this with a white background

This is the Solstice 455. It has 4 wheels. Is car.

4 Likes

MULTI BARACKUS DORIFTO!!!

3 Likes

Alright here is the van in question

The Mott Works Monster

The name is a great description for this AWD van powered by a 1400hp 9L twin turbo V12. This could certainly be considered a hyper car even with the obscure body style as it manages to lap the nurburgring in just 6:50.24, on the same level as many other super and hyper cars.

8 Likes

Huh yeah
 Changing rules on the last day is bad. You shouldn’t do it. Some of these cars take well more than a day to put together and some people don’t have the schedule to allow them to resubmit so either way you’re actually being quite unfair.

Also what’s not to love about a hyper Van!?

Back on point, it would have been much better had you focused on the natural disadvantages of the van body in your critique of the entry having accepted it. Banning the entry because you forgot to make a rule about it will only cause yourself to gain a huge and mostly indelible Black Mark on your reputation. I urge you to reconsider!

Edit: I should add that urge isn’t strong enough. As I retain executive control of this thread as it’s original host, this actually requires addressing before the deadline, or I’ll actively step in to intervene, which may include suspending the round and even stripping judging rights off the Roundmaster for this particularly egregious breach of netiquette.

10 Likes

I just undid the edit disqualifying vans from entry. Also, to avoid the hassle of typing lots of material in a short space of time, I chose to review the cars well before the deadline. With so many entries, choosing the finalists and outright winner will be quite difficult indeed.

7 Likes

Phew, crisis averted!

EDIT: I have submitted my car. I’m not well at the moment and can’t really be arsed to do a proper presentation. Besides, I’ve decided after all that, I still don’t like the styling. But the stats are there where it counts, so here’s a little statement:

POWAAAAA: 1931bhp
0-100km/h: 2.4s
Quarter mile: 8.9s (iirc)
Top speed: 500km/h
AT tract time: 1:52.31 (iirc)
Fuel economy: 10.9L/100km

Gryphon Gear started out making nuclear bombs for engines, throwing downforce and more downforce at it. And their cars were fast, the fastest even. But many a hypercar manufacturer folded because they even got of the ground. Why? Because they were too busy chasing the fantasy to embrace any semblance of reality. And the reality was, to grow as a company, one had to sell and develop.

Thus, in the spirit of the technological hothouse that is Koenigsegg, GG was forced to innovate and reinvent continually. On one hand, they had to develop road manners and environmental awareness. On the other, they had to stay true to them. And the truest expressions of the hyperspeed, face melting handling, because fuck you loud and poud of GG came in the form of their halo cars.

The halo car tier of GG evolved over years from being race cars with giant GT wheels and GT wings to the closest thing you could get to a road legal jet engine. Technologically bedecked, their driving assists became not just auxillary but essential, untapping the full potential of the car’s performance.

GG’s latest, Jörmungandr, that serpent who heralds the advent of Ragnarok, is the culmination of several threads of evolution for the company: the art of power, the art of balance, the art of reliability and of efficiency. In a 1800kg something, 1930hp behemoth, the latter three might seem ironic, but the car’s performance is loud and clear testament to GG’s ability achieve the improbable, marrying both brute force and finesse to surpass everything that came before it.

The end of the world is nigh.

10 Likes

Pragata Prima 1

Pragata Prima 1 is a road super car that inspired from 80’s to 90’s endurance prototype cars with balanced approach, while the car is built for absolute speed but also we consider driving experience to make sure the driving experience is maximum at every road condition. the car is body is built with full carbon fiber with pushrod suspension on side, powered by 7.5L V12 that produce 1122HP and assisted with full electronic AWD drivetrain to ensure the driver are at full control.

moving inside, the interior is designed with a mix of carbon fiber, aluminium, and leather with instrument is a mix and match between traditional analog and digital. we equip mobile phone controlled for interior system that cover from entertainment system, GPS, climate control even the seat heater so you can prepare your car from your room before you enter your car. 2 bucket with hybrid 3 point to 5 point seatbelt is equiped aided with airbag 4 way airbag on both side for maximum safety.

we offer all of that for $179.000

5 Likes

now that looks gooooooooooooooood

those are some seriously low profile tyres