The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

Since Automation standardises their money units to USD 2010, I’d still try to stick to that before pricing of export to Indonesia, so would suggest an upper limit of 80k, even. With that much, even after the tax, I could build something easily as good as a high-end Pajero. The RS6 Avant Quattro C6 is a niche buy and seems a bit overpriced whichever way you cut it :joy: As for fun sport machine even with that price you’re looking at something way faster than an FT86. Way way faster!

alright, rules change since is bit early

2 Likes

So much confuse

2 Likes

Are we allowed to use Limited Production parts, or no? Gotta ask because I’m torn between two chassis materials.

you’re allowed but excessive use of limited part not gonna make me happy

1 Like

Fair enough. Means I may be able to dip under the 1600 kg mark. Means it’ll be faster and get better gas mileage.

As another indonesian. Here another tip(and speculation). Low end torque and economy is also important. Since like 80% of the time spent on the road is in traffic

how badly would it count against me if my car name was a REALLY bad Indonesian pun???

1 Like

Only major hint I’m giving on my car right now is that it’s named after a deadly snake.

How important is comfort and entertainment options? Does the trim/model year matter? Is there any custom tracks that simulate Indonesian roads?

Would someone be kind enough to just sum this up for me in a paragraph or two? Totally fucking lost

2 Likes

all i’ll say for my car is it’s not one or the other.

One car from the options of SUV, Wagon or Sports car.

sub 1300cc = no taxes
1300 - 1500 = 10% tax
1500 - 2500 = 20% tax
2500 - 3000 = 40% tax
3000 + cc = 125% tax
Price is with 50% markup + taxes incurred by displacement

255 is the highest tyrewith allowed
40 is the lowest profile allowed

Fueltypes
88 RON
90 RON
91 RON
98 RON

20% extra cooling is recommended
170 cm rideheight recommended ( i guess he means 17 cm)

No negative quality-sliders

Roadlegal

90.000 $ budget

As far as i can tell

5 Likes

Car tax is high, engine size tax is high, build a fun all round suv, a sporty passenger wagon, or a sports car, but what you build must have decent off road for the poor road quality, good performance, not too expensive, its a tropical climate so don’t skim on cooling, and look at the quarter mile stat more than lap times for performance, he likes to red light drag race and there’s no tracks nearby.
See his post for markups add engine tax markups to the existing 50% base.

Edit i got ninja’d

3 Likes

and i’m working under the codename “Jakarta-Dome”

thats my pun.

1 Like

I take it that’s $90,000 AFTER taxes and markup?

i don’t get it. sorry :stuck_out_tongue:

yes, thats correct.

@koolkei

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/forzamotorsport4/images/5/57/Takatansx.png/revision/latest?cb=20120919083141

1 Like

Ya, according to Dentas writeup: (your default car price + 50% price mark up)+car tax based on your price

Another question, Is your dad personally going to review the car’s looks or will you act as your dad while reviewing them?