The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

the CR version i am currently working on. it features sport interior and a cd player. i actually thought it might be too powerful… until today :smiley:

1 Like

I’m sure the original brief said “newly minted driver”. And here I was thinking I had gone too far with 190!

yeah, for this one, it’s all about that drivability.

First proper showcase thingy I’ve done in a while. Put a fair bit of work into this car so I thought I might as well.

Without further ado, the 1996 Valiant Dash GTi!

6 Likes

This challenge left me in a bind as my company lore states that in 1996 the only FWD vehicles are automatic. A manual car would come in 1998 but it would be a sedan. I’m not willing to breach the lore of Petoskey Motors, but I am willing to dent it a little…

The 1996 Petoskey Stasera Custom (There’s a hatch in the back so it’s technically a hatchback)

Playing on the trend of customized vans that swept through the country after the demise of the muscle car era, the Stasera Custom was a limited run of specially modified vans. Mods were done by a third party and the vans were sold at Petoskey dealerships. The Custom uses the same new 231 V6 found in the standard model but sports a five-speed manual transmission. Also noted are the porthole windows and vista roof. Shag carpeting included. Don’t come a knockin if you see this van a-rockin.

17 Likes

I’m pretty sure I have gone too far as well, with 240+ NA hp , still working on making it a manageable, yet insane.

it might have been a bittle pricey in 1996, but it became the perfect enthousiats car in the new millenium:

the TINQUIETEPAS RC 320 T is the most poweful TINQUIETEPAS available pushing this little car below the 200 km/h mark. the most important thing though the equipment this car comes with:sports tires and alloy rims, vented disc brakes on both axles, sport seats, a premiume entertainment system, ABS, power steering, and the sporty and aggressive RC design package.all of this for uhm… just… 18200 bucks.

5 Likes

For some reason , that name of the car make it look like a RC car… maybe just me.

1 Like

JHW PicoSport

small and light, the PicoSport is designed to be fun and affordable.

coming in at 14950, you get 0-60 in 7.7 seconds and a top speed of 119mph, courtesy of a 109bhp 1.3L I4 engine that revs to 8100RPM.

inside, you have a basic, no frills interior that also has a CD player and ABS along with it!

an Alu body and CR Steel chassis with double wishbones all round make the base of the car as light as possible, and it is very light at just 845.2kg.

so call in and pick up a brochure.

5 Likes

so i am fairly certain I am the fattest car here behind the obligatory Van entry but I can do 0-100 in 6.4seconds

What, me, worry?

I’m over 1100KG from what I remember.

Im at about 1050kg

DISCLAIMER:

• I couldn’t find a Porsche 993 price when new for 1996 so I just made one up that would seem expensive
  • GIMP paint tools weren’t working properly for some reason so the shadows I made for the HSi4 are quite terrible

The HSi4 is a cheap hot hatch run by a 1.5 liter Turbocharged i4. The car costs around $15 000, sportscar-like handling comes standard. :wink:

Around 160 HP is produced and 0-100 times come in at around 7 seconds. A lightweight design and great suspension setup allow the car to corner as well as some sports cars.

RW | Designs

12 Likes

I come in at a portly 1237kg

lol 999.6 kg

Ayyy that’s a nice ad!

2 Likes

Thanks! :smiley:

1311.1 kg (mic drop)

3 Likes

840kg :tada:

1 Like