The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

If someone wants to take over my turn (still unsure), please send me yours idea for the next round via PM (24 hours from now). If I find something intresting I’ll nominate the next CSR Master :wink:

“if in doubt, flat out.” -Colin McRae

4 Likes

Well, by standard rules, hosting duties would ordinarily fall to myself or @ramthecowy given HOL’s nominations. I’ll say straight up now that I don’t have anything that’d easily fit into a CSR (I do have something that doesn’t fit into a CSR, which I’m going to explore shortly)… nor do I have the time for the epic undertaking that are the reviews, so I’m out. So it’ll be up to ram to see whether he’s got anything in particular, and if not, then the floor would be open.

btw @HighOctaneLove 36 entries, that’s a massive effort, great effort.

3 Likes

I absolutely don’t have the time or an idea. Pass on the baton, again!

(this is the second time in a row I’ve come “second”, damn it!)

Oh, I don’t want to run against the rules…

it’s ok, both ram and I can’t do it, so I think it’s fine to open suggestions to everybody!

vote for most popular car?

1 Like

i vote for @Ornate he had the fastest car.

I have an interesting idea for a CSR round but I’m not sure I’d be able to pull off the reviews and such…

So my car seems to have been let down, mostly, by love/hate aesthetics, which were primarily inspired by the nissan 300zx

How about something that plays out further in the past again? Like a frugal late 1940’s car for some European market? Or a 50’s utility vehicle?

My proposal is a 60’s or 70’s sports car CSR round. Something along the likes of the Fiat 124 Spider or Porsche 914.

3 Likes

Wait the car I made with a healthy helping of sarcasm and not caring if I won took second?

No. Your car was second fastest, second and third place were strop and ramthecowy.

anything but sportcar gonna be interesting

3 Likes

Screw sports cars, I want to make economy cars, any decade but the 2010s honestly.

#1975 Merry Christmas, Mr. Laurance

25th December 1974: the last day of work in S.A.C.A.M. of their great lead designer Claude Laurance.
The company benefited from his work since 1938 and now he wants to enjoy his retirement and the S.A.C.A.M. board of directors didn’t find the appropriate replacement inside the company.

After a terrible streak of “emergency meetings” during the holidays, on the 3rd of January they agreed to subcontract the upcoming “X-05M” prototype to an external design office with experience in Automotive Design and enjoy the rest of the holidays skiing in Chamonix.

So they call back André Le Pomme, from the purchasing department, to send the short memo to the best Automotive Design Office on the planet, but Monsieur Le Pomme didn’t really care to search intensively the “best” A.D.O during his holidays, neither to rewrite the memo, so he just sent it to everyone even remotely connected to the world of Automotive Design.

Here is the memo.

yadda yadda yadda, put some classic greetings, ask to Madam Blanche for the usual lines
We need the replacement of the Salgàr, our “perfect french family car” but the car must have a “world car” feeling and be less “french”
The car must be the perfect mid size semi-budget saloon (or compact if you are going to send this oversea) with 4 doors, two row of seats, practical, very comfortable with an exquisite styling and great value for money… usual stuff, but it must be designed to use one of our new Granduchy engine.
It must be a great seller. Easy.
The taxi is waiting us to reach the Lyon TGV station. Please send us a fax in Chamonix when you are finished.
Thanks Le Pomme :grin:.

##RULES
Year: 1975

###MODEL REQUIREMENTS
Body: 4 door saloon/sedan
Seat: 5 or 6 on two row.
Good looking exteriors

###ENGINE REQUIREMENTS
Family: Full aluminium inline 4 (Bore 78.2mm x Stroke 87.6mm)
Valvetrain: Single OHC 2 or 3 valves for cylinder.
Fuel: 91 unleaded
Catalytic Converter: Mandatory

###PLEASE MIND!
No stupid choices. Be sensible or you’ll be scrapped.

###SUBMISSION
Car: CSR30 - Nickname
Trim: Free
Engine: Free
Send only one car trim and engine trim
###YOU CANNOT REVISE THE ENTRY - Send before 23.59 of 7th january 1975 (ehm… 2017)

16 Likes

Wow, 5th out of 36, i must be doing something right at least :slight_smile:

Thanx to @HighOctaneLove for hosting and gratz to @NormanVauxhall to the win, great car, that Zap Super S :smiley:

1 Like

-alright where should i start
-6 seats in a 4 door saloon car? BEST I CAN DO IS 4 or 5 depends on car
-can we get the export of the engine, its not necessary but would be a nice thing
-can we get one body which we will use or we are free to use anything? if that so then a 5 meter car is sensible for me

[roleplay]
–you delivered an engine in my workshop and you yelled some french words and what i understood is “need design…, this engine in it”_
[/roleplay]

i’ve got a design ready, but it’s a touch different. not bonkers, but a tad left field.