The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

well, i decided to enter this round, and while my design skills are a near zero, i do feel this car could put up a decent battle.

2.8L 200HP V8, 32 US MPG, $16640@30%

8 Likes

Evgenis was always the king of commuter cars…

More soon…

4 Likes

13 Likes

Testing different setup… this seem a good starting point

4 Likes

I KNEW an Iurlaro would make an appearance!!!

2 Likes

1998 Evgenis Typhon 1.6T SE-L
Let’s make commuting fun again…

OPEN IMAGE COMPLETELY TO SEE FULL DETAILS

Rapid, comfortable, fun to drive, smooth, relaxing, well-equipped, spacious, premium, safe… What more could you want from a car, and this won’t even break the bank, when buying and once you own it. Thanks to low emissions, this makes the perfect company car. Not much more needs to be said about the Typhon, except you can now get it for just £209 per month with a £1,999 deposit!

13 Likes

I am also using a standard interior and CD player, but am relying on a high level of sportiness to balance this out.

2 Likes

do I detect a tiny hint of Cadillac Eldorado in there?

1 Like

I doubt ill be able to say it again (since this is the only real chance of winning I have, until phale arrives)
Which reminds me, this the first time ive submitted a car for CSR

[spoiler]

have fun :smirk:[/spoiler]

2 Likes

Have you submitted already? It seems that you could probably select some more premium parts on that car if you wanted, given the brief.

Consider this:

It’s not as driveable! I hear people say. That’s because I tuned the suspension to be sportier.

2 Likes

Looking for something to trade up to after you’ve just been promoted? Consider the attractively designed Kramer K3 2.5 as your next set of wheels. The example shown here is finished in Deep Claret Metallic, although other colors are available. Its normally-aspirated 2.5-liter straight-six is optimized for a high level of economy and yet still delivers just over 160 bhp, which should be enough to get this car from 0 to 60 in 7.5 seconds with the standard six-speed manual gearbox (although a five-speed automatic is optional). And with corrosion-resistant steel comprising the bulk of the car’s body and chassis (with the latter incorporating AHS steel), you won’t have to worry about rust for a very long time, if at all.

Considering that the K3 (more specifically, the 2.5 trim level) had to be developed in less than 60 months, we settled on a hard-wearing standard interior and safety suite, but still managed to include ABS and traction control, as well as fully independent suspension (double wishbones up front and a multi-link rear) and a viscous limited-slip differential to help put the power down. This is clearly a car built for real drivers, and one guaranteed to inject some fun into your otherwise monotonous daily commute. You can even upgrade to an optional premium interior (complete with an advanced safety suite incorporating stability control) and stereo if you want, or specify 17-inch alloy wheels wrapped in high-performance tires, or both.

And at just $16,770 after applying a 30% markup, the K3 2.5 is definitely priced to move… quickly.

5 Likes

Ive already submitted, which is rather stupid on my part, but theres not much I could have done to make it more premium without going overbudget. It already has mags, automatic gears, standard equipment and progressive suspensions and vented disks, and im just about on budget. 13260 @ 30% markup and about 1857 in running cost.

1 Like

I assume you’ve been adding your running costs for 3 years to the price to calculate the budget. I’m not sure this was what Leo intended, so let’s bring up that section again:

Leo can you clarify whether you mean price + 30% markup should be around 19k and then add the annual costs for 3 years on top to calculate total budget… or do you want us to try and squeeze in the full costs into 19k? I think just about everybody else here is under the impression that it’s the former and not the latter.

2 Likes

Oh…crap, i may definitely need to change it if thats the case. I thought it was the car cost at 30% plus triple the running costs.

I haven’t said how much I will consider fuel to cost, meaning that even if you wanted to account for it, youl wouldn’t be able to. That was just my way of saying that fuel costs will be somewhat relevant and that getting 12.05 km/l wasn’t strictly advisable.

19,000 Is the advised price on the market tab, once 30% markup had been added.

4 Likes

Why not enter a Lore Friendly car for once. This is the Hodan 445 1.3i. Built around the ideal of an everymans Sedan, this FWD thing Will be perfect for the man who is currently dead inside.

(Short write up because mobile)

7 Likes

would appear I ain’t the only one who went FWD then

@strop you’re not the only person to think Cadillac lol, and nah, comfort is quite down on some of the cars i’m seeing

1 Like

The 1998 Cordia Aspero. What is it?

Written by Trevor Simmons
First published on Driver’s Edge, January 1998 Edition

Since Mitsushita launched their luxury department, Cordia Automotive, in 1985. They have been making massive mark in the market. Established brands such as Bavaria and Carlotta were caught napping when this revolutionary brand came about. Fast, luxurious, spacious, reliable, and cheap. The Cordia brand saw huge success coming from all around the world.

Just gloss over the fact that they’re all tarted up Mitsushita. But they are good Mitsushita they’re tarting up.

Today, they’re introducing a new car, the 1998 Cordia Aspero. Based on the underpinning of the current Mitsushita Boarilla, with the new sleek and tidy body on top. It utilised the engine from the Mitsushita Karna. This means the car has been made with the perfect race car recipe, small body, big engine. Even with the cheapest, base 24 trim, 0-62mph in 8 seconds flat is nothing to scoff at. And the top speed of 140mph is excellent. God knows how fast the top 30 trim with 3.0 V6 is.

Inside you’ll find a nicely laid out interior layout. With massively luxurious quality feel everywhere. The interior is extremely nice. And well equipped, electric tilt steering, electric windows, great stereo with cd player, standard 6 airbags, and many more. It should also be extremely reliable, as are all Japanese car. If you think that’s not good enough, you can put optional extras on it. Climate control, leather seats, sunroof, 6 discs autochanger, electronic stability control, navigation system. Hell, want anything? Just ask for it, minibar, microwave oven, cruise missile, laser windscreen wiper, they’re all very likely an option that’s available.

All this from a low starting price. But believe me, even a loaded one will be cheaper than equivalent German rivals. Come to think of it, is there a rival for this car? Small B-Segment Saloon that’s more luxurious than a 5 star hotel suite? Maybe Mitsushita know something. Maybe they know that for a lot of people all they want is a Mitsushita Jesta with posh clock.

13 Likes

Nope, plenty of us went for FWD. Some of us in more odd ways than others.

Yep, after trying RWD and FWD, I’ve decided to go full Lexus on this shit too haha.

3 Likes