The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

Introducing the Pearlite Streamline.

Here at Pearlite, our favorite classic cars are the aerodynamic Tatra sports cars of the 30s and 40s, such as the Tatra 77. These cars were fast, luxurious, and featured technology and design that was far ahead of their time. Since the beginning, Pearlite has been inspired by these same goals. In an homage to our past, we have set out to create a modern interpretation of the Tatra - the same classic styling, updated with all of the most advanced technology of today.

First and foremost, we wanted to recreate the most well-known feature of the Tatra - the aerodynamics. With extensive computational analysis and wind tunnel testing, we were able to design the Pearlite Streamline with an aerodynamic drag area of just 0.416 sq m, a figure which is smaller than even the most slender supercars of today. The incredible aerodynamic efficiency means that the Streamline can achieve a top speed of over 200mph - despite a relatively modest 300hp engine. Oh, and the fuel efficiency? A ridiculous 52mpg.

Inside the car, youā€™ll find everything youā€™d expect from a Pearlite: luxurious interior, premium infotainment, and all of the modern driver assists. The active sport suspension is tuned to prevent dangerous terminal oversteer. (Fun fact: Tatras were popular among Nazi officers during World War II. So many officers were killed due to the Tatrasā€™ extreme oversteer that the cars were referred to as the Czech Secret Weapon.) The thin, sport compound tires are designed to reduce rolling resistance and also to help with the oversteer. Widespread use of advanced materials such as carbon fiber, magnesium, and Alusil alloy result in a total weight of under 1 ton, giving the Streamline excellent corning and acceleration. (Fun fact: The Tatra 77 used various magnesium parts in its construction - in 1934!)

The Pearlite Streamline is a modern incarnation of the exceptional Tatra sports cars of the past - not only in its exterior styling, but also its performance. Like the Tatra, the Pearlite Streamline is a car that is just as fast (and just as luxurious) as its brethren, but is able to achieve that with far greater efficiency. At Pearlite, we believe that to design the future, we must draw upon the past. The Pearlite Streamline is the epitome of this concept.

3 Likes

wellā€¦ a 300hp with 52mpg.
magic?

Anyway

##Komodo Dreamer

this was a concept car we built back in 1984 and was displayed on 1984 to 1986, but has since been gone.
We used to Dream, we used to Imagine, we used to have to wait for ā€˜the futureā€™
well guess what? Right now, We live in ā€œTHE FUTUREā€.

We revived the car with FUTURE technologies. rebuilt and Resto-Modded into a race-ready everyday sports car.

so. Whatā€™s the future like you asked?
itā€™s not in a single piece of the car. itā€™s the combination of the parts that make the car.

it has double wishbone on the front and multi-link on the rear. it has a perfect 50-50 weight distribution.
coupled to a perfect 6 speed manual gearbox for driving pleasures, connected to a hi-tech electric LSD that delivers the power to all 4 wheels.

a magnesium block 2.2l Naturally Aspirated V8 making 323HP at 10k RPM! Redlining at 11200 RPM!
you wonā€™t get tired of it revving. ever!
*limited to sport mode only. normal redline at 9500RPM

and we did say it could be used everyday. it gets an average of 19.5 MPG*, it has 4 seats. all the standard features on a sports car, all you need and nothing you dont. keeping distraction to a minimum, all the information are displayed on a monitor, behind your wheel, with the control at your thumb on the steering wheel.
*if you never leave normal mode

everything is made out of quality, but most parts are not such an exquisite part that you couldnā€™t buy a part off-the-shelf. not that you will need to buy much or often. we offer this car also with a 3 year free service cost, 1 year free fuel, and 10 years of warranty.

#so, what are you waiting for? get your dream today!
@$77600 negotiable.

4 Likes

[quote=ā€œkoolkei, post:643, topic:6447ā€]
we offer this car also with a 3 year free service cost, 1 year free fuel, and 10 years of warranty.
[/quote] It kind of remaind me of an infomercial

1 Like

Introducing: The 1978/2016 Daiki Thrust Revival

We, at Daiki, usually donā€™t build cars for an individual person, unless it will benefit our company by one means or another (excluding profits). However, we have come to the conclusion the request for a ā€œrestomoddedā€ car is worth doing it, for various reasons. We have decided to ā€œrestomodā€ our famous performance car from 1979, Thrust.

First, we made the carā€™s frame and body from scratch, using modern AHS spaceframe chassis instead of steel ones, and manufacturing the body from scratch using carbon fiber. We also installed Pushrod suspensions for both front and rear. We will accept requests to replace the retractable headlights with fixed ones, in order to have the car comply with recent safety standards. The body, however, should not require replacements, since it is carefully engineered to maintain itā€™s timeless look while complying with the safety standards.

We installed a special engine for the car; a tuned UV6-DOV-IV 20DIT-P 2L V6 engine, used in our production sports cars. However, this engine is more powerful than ones we install in production cars, producing 450+ HP. The engine is mated to a one-off 7-speed manual transmission and quality sports tires, allowing it to accelerate from zero to 100 km/h in 3.5 seconds, and reach 275 km/h and pull at least 1.2g in most corners.

The car is equipped with 2 bucket seats, resembling the seat from the original Thrust while boasting a good performance, and the infotainment system is carefully hidden, with the sat nav/audio system being retractable, and the speakers are carefully hidden around the car, in order to make the interior resemble the one of the original car.

The car is not for sale, excluding to the person who ordered this car first.

3 Likes

14 entries so far. You guys are killing it. Looking at your cars Iā€™m just smiling. 12 quick peeks done and 5 reviews written, although Iā€™m playing with a thought of making it a sound based video (it will probably stay at that playing point due to time frame). I already feel unfair. Honestly, I thought deciding what to choose would be hard-ishā€¦ but itā€™s impossible-ish.
and those review take quite some time eventhough they are shorter than usualā€¦damn those minuets flyā€¦

1 Like

Please resist this temptation. Itā€™ll be difficult for some with weak connections or no convenient audio to access the review (e.g. if I wanted to check in on this at work), plus Iā€™m quite confident itā€™ll take longer than you planned :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Why not have both! Have both a video-based review and a text-based one for those with weak connections.

Only if it doesnā€™t cause the review to be significantly delayed. Weā€™re still waiting on some video based reviews in other contests two months down the track. If something like that happens here the thread will die.

Oh, forgot. Then Iā€™m all for text reviews.

It will be text only :slight_smile:

1 Like

VanCar 1500 V6

A van with a small 4.0L V6 and FWD and handles like a honda civic with plates under its rear wheels yet weighs as much as an F350. Oh, and it passed safety regulations somehow.
Also, seating for 9.
EDIT: No power steering or any other assists btw.

1 Like

0 drive aand sportā€¦ wut

right. whenā€™s the deadline again?

4-17 by 12 gmt+1

A very late entry should be just in time

Uploadingā€¦

2 Likes

I will stop accepting submissions in 20 min. If all goes according to plan results will be up in 12 hours, if not in 36 hours. Some cars might get blurbs only since Iā€™m running low on time and imagination :slight_smile:

EDIT: reviews (all 17 of them) almost over but I will postpone posting for 24h because RL startā€™s tomorrow morning and shaping everything with pictures and stuff will take some extra hours. Would you prefer everything in this post or as koolkei did a new topic somewhere else?

2 Likes

Here would be much, much easier

Iā€™d prefer here. Keeps the Car Shopping Round self contained, easily referenced.

depends. i made a new thread since my reviews are so long, and i didnā€™t want to clutter this thread. making people scrolls a lot, that was my reasoning. but if yours arenā€™t as long as mine, iā€™d like it if you just keep it here.

1 Like

Here it comes, the results. First a little RL story.
1.) Iā€™m amazed at what have you created and itā€™s totally unfair that you only get few sentences for the amount of work. That being said, some cars just did not inspire me, so I did not know what to write and Iā€™m sorry for that. If you want specs, scroll (infinity scroll hahaha) up to posters, I simply wrote the first things that came on my mind when I saw the car.
2.) Why some of you did not use quality sliders is beyond me. The whole point of big budget is where you put it. So by not putting it anywhere you automatically eliminated yourself.
3.) To all of you who posted posters, thank for the pictures :wink:
4.) Reviews are in no special order (apart from top 3 obviously) and please do not comment in between reviews so we get clean results. I will start posting now and it might take a while :slight_smile:

1 Like

@koolkei Komodo Dreamer

Indonesia. Humidity level: high. Since I knew the price, so are the expectations. And then I see it. I donā€™t know what to say. Color straight out of 70ā€™s low ridersā€¦ and everything like Iā€™m in old futuristic movie.
Unique. Thatā€™s the word Iā€™m looking for.
Full on LCD dash. But not S-class LCD, that would be wrong. Arcade game LCD. Nostalgic much. Next full throttle. Not much. 6000rpm ā€¦.8000rpm (should I change?!?)ā€¦ 10000rpm What kind of sorcery is this ?!?! 11000 and next gear NOW WE ARE TALKING! Immense grip but harsh ride, a bit unstable at high speeds.
I feel like creators were too focused on screamer and forgot about interior. I looks retro but it doesnā€™t have the finish I seek. But it has some story. You see it and you are back to the future. Mixed feelings.

1 Like