The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

Except we’re not being super pedantic so let me go back to ogling that sexy Reveho :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Jaw drops. Awesome job, man.

Also, fuck, seems like I got way too busy with my new Bonham cars and missed the deadline.

1 Like

a ma zing :open_mouth:

let me pedantic.

Well, I suppose in the strictest sense you are correct.

However, this round is using the term ute as it is commonly used in Australia today which means we refer to any utility/pickup/truck or whatever the rest of world seems to call them.

So in my defence, I’ll say that in addition to being an Aussie, the best-selling Toyota Hilux is listed under Utes & Vans section while the Nissan Navara is called a ‘dependable ute’ and then you have the Isuzu D-Max in which even their website is called IsuzuUte). Plus you even have upstart brands like Chinese Foton Motors refer to their new thing as a ute.

So while there is somewhat split their term is most common a used ahead of the other options despite attempts by Holden and Ford to shift to calling their entries trucks or pickups now. Probably because their US corporate overlords have crushed the local designs and now enforcing their ghastly Americanisms…or something maybe trying to distract from the rather apparent death of real utes at their hands I suppose.

6 Likes

Y DIDN’T YOU TELL US THESE SOONER?!?!?!

i know it’s allowed, but i just like being pedantic.

I did make mention of this earlier.

Goddamn that’s a full brochure. It has all the tricks in the book, really bang up pro job. I don’t think I can keep up with the level :joy:

Note: I was quite aware of the potential vagaries of the changing definition of ute as everything gets larger. To be honest I think my brief was very clear in what the client had in mind, but not being of a completely closed mind, I did things the simple Automation way and just based the criteria on wheelbase. After all if it has hauling capacity without being a truck, then it’s worth considering.

4 Likes

That is one of the best brochures ever… and not just for what is essentially a truck! But I will still refer to it as a ute just for the sake of this round.

just. don’t scroll 10 posts up. :joy:

i mean my ad

Not sure what you mean considering I wrote what I did after reading everything? :open_mouth:

EDIT: my modem is on the blink, so I will have to post everything all at once if I don’t get it fixed within the next 24h. All the data and graphs are done, and so is most of the flavour text so it’s now a matter of finishing the narrative, actually deciding the finishing order, and the other graphics. Afraid to say it’s not going to be quite as swish as some of the rounds, but hopefully the calculations and modelling was a bit interesting.

10 Likes

Just to show what I had prepared, here is the Suri DW (Duty & Work):

Sad thing I couldn’t enter because of such a stupidity, but I’m still interest to see the results!

5 Likes

Sorry for the delay people, my internet is back (I think) and I should have the results up within 24 hours (more like 16!)

If I don’t you can get the pitchforks out.

9 Likes

B-but what if I already have them out?

2 Likes

Pitchforks…? Pha…amateur…I think we have something much…much…worse… THE POLL

9 Likes

Damn it, I already soaked the torches in kerosene…

4 Likes

Speak for yourselves, I prefer tar and feathers.

3 Likes

I still hope it doesn’t come to that… Even if it does, I don’t think I will make the first cut, but at least I am proud of what I have made.

*sound of stone on steel rings faintly from the corner… *

2 Likes