The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

No possibility of something like an NSX or an MR2? As for the turbo on the V12… Ferrari doesn’t do those, so can’t quite make a Testarossa. Same with Lamborghini.

3 Likes

Now this feels more like a tuning contest than any previous round… By the way, I have played Wangan Midnight long enough to appreciate just how insane its basic premise is - tearing around the freeways of major Japanese cities at extreme speeds requires lots of guts and skill!

And what fuel types are we required to use for this round?

One more thing:

Is this for the entire trim tab?

And carbon-ceramic brakes were not available in 1996. But must we use catalytic converters?

So we’re being judged solely on top speed and the haruna time?

Edit, also, we only have limits on materials and quality, but no limits to cost, production units or engineering time?

TALKING BOUT THE GOOD DAYS

i have such wide grin on my face right now

i found something better. MT5 DX+ soundtrack playlist

3 Likes

In Wangan Midnight a Testarossa gets tuned via the addition of a turbo so don’t hold yourself to only JDM rides… As for the NSX and MR2, well shucks, I didn’t think about them so I’ll add another category soonish!

This is to be used for the gearbox, brakes, suspension, aero or trim; it’s your choice and you can only use 10 in total.

NO NEGATIVE SLIDERS ALLOWED!!!

Correct, although the Haruna time is an entry requirement and tie-breaker stat. I wanted to go all out and give everyone a coffee-break round so we could show off and build some really fast cars without too much calculations and some fun RP for those who are into that sort of thing! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Minimum reliability for trim (and engine?)?

Finally it’s time.

…To go full Strop once again :sunglasses:

6 Likes

If it breaks then you’ll fail, otherwise the car can be 0.1 reliable, I’m not fussed :innocent:

Can get some clarification? Need to use cat? Muffler? No super harsh suspension?

I would guess no race parts.

Use a Cat please, I’ll put it in the OP rules shortly, and a couple of straight through exhausts so that you aren’t pulled over wherever you go. The car cannot bottom out otherwise go as low as you desire!

Btw some of these classes will struggle to reach 300kmh without some serious drivability destroying boost. I’m looking at the MR2 in particular :joy:

Meanwhile the exotic is absolutely going to wipe the floor with everything else, unless the mandatory turbo destroys driveability and the muscle car takes the prize, ironically!

1 Like

Damn. Storm falls between categories, and Sinistra does, too. Might be sitting this one out. Oh well, there’ll be another challenge eventually where I can unleash the fury of Sinistra’s SOHC 5.7L V6.

I know :innocent: I want people to build what they want to but keep it within the Wangan Midnight aesthetic. Some cars are better bases than others for speed but sometimes you gotta run what ya brung! There’s a reason most of the cars in WM are R32/R33/R34’s lol!

The American category was included for those who hate building stuff other than American V8’s; mainly for @07CobaltGirl but others may feel this category suits them better :relaxed:

Maybe do an engine swap? I’m willing to bend my categories for RP goodness so if you truly cannot submit anything else then NA tune that Sinistra bad boy as it fits the spirit of the relevant category and I want to see how fast a huuuge V6 can actually go!

2 Likes

Exotic class feels so op. I already built a car according to the rules and the Haruna time was beaten by over 10 secs XD

Are we allowed to use 5-valve heads for this round? And can we use traction control?

Also, I am assuming that the trim and variant year must be 1996.

Other than VVL, any head design and material is free and all block materials are free. :relaxed:

Traction control, launch control and stability control is banned!

Question: LHE is moderatly invested in turbo tech in the 90s can I following my companys lore enter a sedan using a SOHC-3v turbo V8? (displacement is 5.25L)

Are we allowed racing intakes and exhausts? Makes a bit of difference on which tuning approach I go with…

So conflicted right now, I want to let you use your car but it’ll upset the (rather questionable) balance of my categories!

Can you fit the engine into an MR body, will that work within your lore?

Yup, go wild, I’m not worried about reliability beyond “does it break?”

2 Likes