The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

If the American category didn’t require a pushrod V8, I’d go for giving some of you exotic-builders a good scare with my 4 door sedan.

2 Likes

Further question: are there any restrictions on tyre quality?

Because if there isn’t, fuck doing anything else, all my tech points for the trim goes into the semi-slicks. Can get some reeeeeeal fast times with those, even if you’re only running 255s. Even a 300km/h FF can slay down Haruna.

2 Likes

That’s some seriously unhinged stuff here :smile:

(but probably the whole round is ;))

Thats what i did actually lmao xDD

yeah but it’s still 8 seconds slower than my benchmark RR car :joy:

do the car categories make a difference, or are they just arbitrary?

benchmark car… sure… you’re faster than that then.

oh shit dude, I haven’t actually tried tuning anything yet, I don’t know if I get faster or not :stuck_out_tongue:

##Detuned Externos (my best,for now)

What changed:
Bigger wheels
Detuned to 850hp
removed front splitter
spent slider points on tires

Results
Higher top speed (386.2 km/h, i think 3-4 km/h change)
Faster lap time 4:30.54 to 4:24.37

I’m trying to build a MR2 based Gamma Surge, since it was the base of the original idea anyway. But it’s hard to achieve 300km/h with the 2.2L, I’ll need to use lot’s of boost and say good bye to the drivability. Now, with 428hp and active wing I’ve got 290km/h.

About the Akina Downhill, it’s easy to achieve the time.

Holy shit the MR2 is actually a better configuration than some other builds, and all with just 500bhp. You don’t need active wing to make 300km/h, either, and you get superior cornering due to its lightness.

I retract what I said about it not being adequate.

Though it isn’t as strong as a couple of the other classes.

I’m at 484hp now, still didn’t achieved 300km/h without the active wing and lost 2s at Akina :expressionless:
Still need to tune the supension and more POWAH!!

i’m working on a car based on the Renault Spider body.

i can make it quick, but it lacks grunt, so to speak.

@HighOctaneLove I have a couple of concerns…

You mention that you want people to have freedom to build within the aesthetic, but then the classes are very limiting that you’re basically just going to have replicas of select cars that look slightly different. Where’s the freedom? I mentioned the NSX and MR2 as only two examples that didn’t fit in any category and they just got shoehorned in there… why not take the time to rework the different categories to not be so restrictive? It also seems that the supercar one is probably OP anyways. Wouldn’t it be simpler to limit body styles (maybe also just cylinder/displacement limits on drivetrain layouts?) and give a minimum power and top speed number and let people actually have the freedom to build within the aesthetic. Automation isn’t the real world, so limiting to a few real examples in another game isn’t doing much.

The other concern: who’s the buyer? This is the Car Shopping Round after all, but this just reads as a racing challenge. Top speed and lap time, nothing else. We know nothing about the buyer, if there even is one, or any concern they might have. If someone is looking or a car to use in the Midnight Club, they’d still have a price limit, and wouldn’t they also care to have some amount of reliability, and maybe a couple other preferences?

I feel like there’s a good idea in building something for the Midnight Club, but the execution of it just doesn’t fit with the Car Shopping Round as it currently stands.

10 Likes

I agree with thecarlover here, this challenge seems a bit mindless. Going all out min-maxing top speed isn’t my idea of a coffee-break, rather my idea of hell. Making a somewhat normal car is both easier and quicker, and more rewarding. Making something that gets a high top speed number after tinkering for 2 hours is, honestly, plain annoying.

4 Likes

How about the buyer wanting something to cruise by the Wangan and that allows modifications so he/she can enter the Midnight Club? Sounds promising to me, and to make it a coffee-break the rules could be relaxed.

GOD BLESS YOU HOL!

2 Likes

If I could add onto this…

I don’t think you’ve either considered what this will be like to play, or what this will be like to host. We are inevitably going to find one type of car is faster than all the rest (Which we already can assume is the Supercar class) if so, I hoped you’re prepared for to be the worst host to date. The cars will be extremely similar, making the reviews entirely bland and pointless… And you’ll need to decide the winner based on hair splitting differences. “Oh, car X is good and very pretty, but car Y uses 295mm front tires, whereas car X uses 285s. Sorry, but it has to go.” Furthermore, without any clue as to the buyer, we’d just be litterally throwing in cars with blind hopes that they will like it. It will be less a challenge based of skill and more a random guess as to who can fit the most of a hidden buyer’s criteria.

Without some major overhauls, I’m afraid I’ll sit out of this round as well.

6 Likes

I agree with you - this feels more like a racing challenge than an actual CSR round. Anyone who wants to host a contest such as this would be better off creating a new thread for it in my opinion. So I am going to skip this round unless its rule set is extensively revised.

2 Likes

The 96 C.A.C Dreadwing

The Dreadwing is a heavily modded version of the 96 Cassandra, a car that is as true JDM as they come… i6 with 200+ hp in a body that was extremely conservative. Not many were sold as the car wasn’t all that in the looks department, but came with a solid platform for tuning. So we made some changes, created a body kit and added some functional aero mods. We’re not sure how much power the car now delivers as we don’t have a dyno to test it on, but based on our estimations it should be over 500 at least. It’s AWD with somewhere in the region of a 60/40 torque split with the greater going to the rear. We upgraded the intake and fuel system, as well as the diff. We reinforced the stock gearbox and added a new clutch and pressure plate to handle the increased torque, and also the tyres and suspension. We expect some stiff competition and we aren’t sure how competitive we’ll be, but we’re satisfied that we built an extremely fast car.

3 Likes