The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

Hopefully I didn’t send the Rydwan to the wrong country because I want feedback.

1 Like

I… forgot a locking diff, in exchange for keeping those quality sliders as high as I could within budget. I made the first cut (first for me!) but I don’t think I’ll be making the finalists.
I’m rooting for the Abysma and HA 355. (But I have a feeling Uzice will be Orbistan’s new ride of choice)
( @Conan - I’d park yours in my driveway beside my Hyundai Pony <3)

I was going to say that if you see the stat you’ll change your mind… But then again it’s probably is perfect beside a Hyundai Pony. :laughing:

0-100km/h in 18.7 seconds. Top speed is barely 140km/h. It’s no joke this thing isn’t a racer.

1 Like

It’s a perfect companion. Love it.

One more recommendation: Cars that do not make the first cut should be used… For target practice… By tanks! And they will explode like Tsar Bomba when they blow up!

2 Likes

Dear Comrade,
We thoroughly enjoy the evaluation process of alternative peoples car, but did our letter not pass proofreading service of Obristani mail combine? As I did not hear our car looked at in review broadkast, and I’m sure it was sent off in time.

As such, we publicize it to the people:

5 Likes

and here is mine…

MPFI bitchies. this is a full on sportcar engine. except for the number of cylinders
i beam steel rods, forged pistons, 51 cam profile, MPFI with performance air filter, single reverse flow muffler, and i ALMOST put in a tubular exhaust header. but decided against it

also. the car name is actually an easter egg / a word play. who guessed it before i said so?

5 Likes

Hmm, i’m not seeing a Scarab Flare Basic among the cars you’ve gone through. And i am certain I sent it to you.

1 Like

Maybe the cars that have not been mentioned yet ARE Politburo’s favourites!

@koolkei that word play didn’t just go past me, It got behind me!

2 Likes

Sorry, but where is my car? I’ve posted an advert and sent it to you…

1 Like

##Apologies for missing vehicles, comrades. Lack of distinct format made cars go missing. Expect the missing cars to be reviewed soon.

7 Likes

##I am called back into office for one last day because paperwork was of getting mixed up. So here are final entries.

##Scarab Flare. @gridghost

Once again, car with curious mix of everything is being shown to me. I am wondering why all these companies are refusing to fully commit to either cheap little car, or expensive luxurious one, but if I am needing to repeat myself again… Engine is looking like it contain many expensive compenents, forged Pistons, forged Connecting rods, forged crankshaft. I am sensing theme here. But it only bother with one muffler. It make me want to crack desk in two with face. But I am resisting, because this is very nice desk that I am not wanting to break. But back to car. Car for some inexplicable reason have aluminum alloy wheels. Which I am struggling to wrap my head around. Is just all over place. Well, it will be in only one place now. In the bin!

##Tore 712 Arsenik @4LGE

Ah… One look at car remind me of good old days. Glorious 1170cc carbureted 3 cylinder engine lay in bonnet, car have 3 speed manual… And… Oi. What the BLIN is this locking diff doing here? Is Taore worried of all 40 horsepower going on rampant feat of torque steer? Is money wasted. And this gas-monotube progressive suspension? What is this? Is car trying to be modern luxury automobile, or reminder of glorious days? Until car can make up it’s mind, I am binning this one.

##PZS Mistral. @szafirowy01

Blin, car advert have very eye catching color. I am not sure if this is in good way or bad way… Is looking like Chechen commissioned this car if you are knowing what I am saying. Is curious, considering looking past color, car is very inoffensive in looks department. Straight line here, square headlight there. Is not like Glorious statue to leader, but is not bad to be looking at. Less offensive colors would stand. Car is fairly big, because is wagon, but can be getting 28MPG. Although I am wondering why 1.8L engine is so down on power. Even comparing to other engines, is low specific output. Exhaust is smaller than gun barrel on capitalist tank, so I am guessing that is explaining it. Overall, I am liking this car. Is big, is wagon and can carry family, steel is even claim to be rust resistant. Yes, yes, am certainly holding onto this one.

##@Mikonp7

Eh? What is this? Somebody is giving me some sort of code to decipher. Or is language. I am unsure. Either way, I am powerful man who should not be working for car. Car should be coming to me. If this is some sort of intelligence message, I will be passing it onto glorious leader.

##Velkolepy Rydwan @Ornate

Car look immediately is making me raise eyebrow. I am understanding that western cars have these fancy new tunnels for making car slice through air like butter knife slice through mayonez, but I am skeptical of them. Car roofline laid way back like is cruising along highway, and it come standard with something called “Undertray” which made air slide smoothly under car. But back of car have square lines. Is not good look. Car also suffer from not good mixing of technologies. Velkolepy is waiting money on expensive suspension, when they are not even including radio. Is also curious how tires in front and back are not same width. Oy Blin… Is understandable when balance of car is tipped like economy in favor of bourgeoisie in capitalist country like is in on SCM, engine in rear give extreme balance in weight, so they counteract with different width tires. When more weight is in front due to engine, car will spin all over the place. It may be getting 30mpg, but Is no good. To bin it is with this one!

15 Likes

You could just told that something was wrong with the file…

#Is time to wrap up and pick winner, comrades! But First things are first…

###Before I am narrowing down to top 5… First things are first… I have special prize for Sheddok @ramthecowy for using V8.

Yes. Is parked right on that X there. You will be seeing prize in 3… 2… 1…

Right. Show Company for sending anything with 8 cyllinders arranged in v formation. I am only wishing glorious leader would allow that on actual company. With no further delays, top 5 competitors will be beginning.

##5th place, PZS mistral. @szafirowy01

I am just as surprise as you are, comrade. Car is of surprising quality. Looking good, it get good fuel consumption despite being large 5 seating wagon, even rustproof. But sadly, car is here. It is receiving 5th place because of using full budget without leaving option for offroad. I am not saying car need to be rock crawling with the mountain goats, but is likely to be stuck when snow come round. Furthermore, despite using disk brake in front, it feel weak and flimsy. Opting for expensive brake in front should mean car stop on dime, but it feel as though drums are having more power. Overall, is good car. But is not car for us.

##4th place, ZM Uzice. @NormanVauxhall

Battle for winner in SUV segment was close call, this and Yucatan were necking one another for best SUV, but ultimately I am thinking this is one getting axe. Cars are borderline identical, offering extremely similar fuel economy, they both come with similar features like radio and power steering. If I was to point finger, I would say lack of off-roading tires is what cost it for ZM. Is Cyka Blin SUV. But I am thinking we would be proffering off-roading tires to fancy suspension, which is ultimate in costing this car shot at glory.

##3rd place. SCM SM1300 @conan

Ah, I am sad to see this one go. It was promising, very reminiscent of original people’s car with rear mounted engine. But I am thinking it is expensive all aluminum engine that is ultimately downfall of SM1300. Aluminium engines are just too unproven and expensive to rely on. Car is large, is even bigger inside and for trunk space than many SUVs. But car is Cyka Blyat at low speeds. Gearbox is big issue. Even from full throttle at standstill, car does not spin tires even little bit. It require more throttle to get going from standstill than one might be expecting, and if not careful, engine will easily stall. Combined with lack of power steering, and car is requiring strength and focus of Orbistani soldier to drive at low speeds. Is admittedly good when you are going along, but need to be under constant eye at low speed. Combine with how I am hearing these aluminum engines have tendency to break down quicker, and I am thinking this is final nail in coffin.

##2nd Place, Yucatan Santaka 1.7 @Leonardo9613

SUV is extremely good, is barely nudging head over ZM. I have explained that off-roading tires are good for snow. Which is why this is head. It is even getting better fuel economy, thanks to multi point fuel injection, versus standard where fuel is injected via one port. I went back and fourth many night about this one, comrades. Is clearly ultimate SUV. I would be saying little is wrong with it. Other than no option to convert car and give four doors. People who sit in back like important leader must either climb over seats in back or climb behind seats in front. Is basically nitpick, and not what cost Yucatan win, is just point.

Overall, SUV is very good. Is comfortable enough, and good offroad. But I am thinking winner showed us a better way with more luxurious car that is cheaper in both terms of buying, but in terms of fuel purchasing, and terms of repairing, and despite being bigger SUV, interior is only bigger by 200L. Only trunk is reasonably bigger. I am thinking that is enough to nudge out need for luxury SUV…

#Winner

Sometime, there is just no beating classic car, comrades.
##AAU-M2083 @Rk38

By choosing car from Anikatia, we are making car available for many more people via low production cost and low repair cost. It get better fuel economy, despite being carbureted, achieving 30MPG. Not to mention optional radio that is cheeki breeki and make little cheap car feel like luxury car. Despite being lower cost, it is achieving comfort higher than nearly all competitors. Hm. Very nice. I think I will be listening to This song.

True, car may not be like SUV in ability to climb through snow, but I am thinking ability to get car to more people in first place is worth it.
Car make me feel like I am in little baby Mercedes 600 for less than cost of competitors. Hm. Yes. I am thinking this is clear winner here.

#Many Congratulations to @Rk38 ! You are winner of round!

27 Likes

The tone was so on point throughout the reviews that by the time you nuked Ram’s car, I was dying from laughter, not radiation poisoning

11 Likes

That’s the highest I’ve ever finished! Also quite a great little cheeki breeki round. :slight_smile:

high five’s conan way to go bud.

Great writeups, @DoctorNarfy :smiley: . Spot on and hilarious to boot… And gratz to @Rk38 for making the bestest shitbox of them all :wink:

6 Likes

Great job @Rk38, you have nailed the brief perfectly! In the last two occasions you have hosted a round, you made it an 80s period piece - will the next round be one as well, just like CSR43 was? That’s assuming you are actually able to host the next round (and indeed you are).

And props to @DoctorNarfy for hosting one of the funniest and most rewarding rounds this contest has ever seen - or will ever see!

Edit: no matter what the theme for the next round will be, I will continue to wait patiently until further details are announced.

3 Likes

Very good hosting bro. This round was simple, consistent and very very funny. Well done man. Congrats to @Rk38

4 Likes