The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

1985 CM Halifax TS-C

Do you want a low cost quality car? Look no further! Using the same H.A. I4 as the communist spec versions but making a whole 69 hp when tuned for 95 RON while returning over 42 UK MPG. Includes 4 seats and a stereo for £6,800.

13 Likes

11 Likes

The 1985 Fahrzeug C1

Base Model RHD
2nd Generation Facelift with the 1.4L Injection engine

Reliable and Efficient German motoring on a Budget

The 1985 Fahrzeug C1 Base model is equipped with the all new 1985 1.4L Injection engine from Fahrzeug. Combined with an easy to use 4 speed manual gearbox this car gets 42 UK mpg (6.73L/100km) while also being easy to drive and still very reliable. The low cost of parts, the simplicity of the Inline 3 engine, and the high mileage means the Fahrzeug C1 costs very little to maintain. Even better, your C1 will be ready to drive for years due to it’s all corrosion resistant steel construction. The C1 is made to use 91 unleaded fuel and has a catalytic converter meaning it exceeds government environmental standards and will be allowed in cities for years to come. Last of all, it also does not only meet but exceeds government safety standards so you can stay safe even in the worst situations.

For only £6800 what are you waiting for? Get the C1 Today!

8 Likes

1985 Suzume Hane SE

Efficiency Evolved

Since its introduction in 1978, Hane has blended style and dynamite performance in an ultra-compact package. And now it’s time to meet the all-new 1985 Hane lineup.

The entire Hane lineup offers a standard 5-speed manual transmission mated to a Reisei 4-cylinder engine, with an available 3-speed automatic*. A road tuned, independent rear suspension is also standard across the line. Safety features include side safety door beams and seatbelt pretensioners.

The G trim includes standard AM radio. Step up to the G-Limited trim and get power windows, full cloth seats, and an AM-FM stereo with 40 watts of power. Or, to get your blood racing, pick a turbocharged GS-R!

New to the lineup for 1985 is the value-edition SE trim. With a unique 57 horsepower 1.3 liter motor and 5-speed manual, this city runabout gets over 30 MPG, yet still gives plenty of thrills around town. All for just $6300.

Come see the entire lineup today at your local Suzume dealership!

*Automatic transmission not available on Hane SE or Hane GS-R. Hane G and G-Limited not available in European markets.

7 Likes

i’m surprised at how many people are trying to go the Unleaded route, seeing as it wasn’t even available until 1986.

good luck selling a car that can’t be run, ya dinks!

2 Likes

Just out of Curiosity, but in the World of Automation, what Region would the UK fall under? if Unleaded Fuel wasn’t available until 1986 then I’m thinking Archana? Gasmea got a Leaded Fuel Ban of 1982, 1978 for Fruinia while it’s 1990 for Archana so that’d give 4 years for people to switch from Leaded to Unleaded while cars would run on what between 1982-1986/1978-1986?

1 Like

Since the catalytic converter isn’t even required and emission is not a criteria I’m looking at. There’s absolutely no difference in running whatever type of fuel you want unless you’re using 98 which of course is going to be penalise somewhat. I’m not going to eliminate any car base on fuel type.

2 Likes

Here’s a preview of what I have currently, debating if I should submit as is or try to tweak it some more.
Introducing, the 1985 Letto Bambino:

P.S: Just want to say to the OP, Interesting choice with the Buyer coming from a Fiat 126, For those that may not know, the Fiat 126 is the Maluch in Car Mechanic Simulator 2015 (Youngtimer DLC)

4 Likes

Smooth Linkey 12V

Nimble and quality coupe for 6900 pounds.

7 Likes

That rear end design is a sin :neutral_face:

2 Likes

i only bring it up because you said it was lore heavy. and it looked like you were going for RL lore, which would mean 91 wholly unavailable.

HOWEVER

if those that are built to run on 91 can also run on 92 without issue, then that’s fine IMO.

sorry about going on about this, but it would be nice for some hard and fast clarification on this.

There’s your clarification, it’s in the OP

If people can submit V8 budget cars who gives a toss about them using fuel 1 year before it’s commercially available? It’s Automation

3 Likes

Here’s the thing. The truth is, I couldn’t give a toss. Literally.

The Octane rating will not be the deciding factor. Not even if I decided to use game stats as the main choosing criteria. Because the emission is not even looked at. (That means all catalytic converters equipped cars have disadvantage by default, I already clearly stated that it’s NOT required). As the catalytic converter is out of the equation, that means leaded and unleaded have pretty much no difference other than octane rating. Most leaded car will be able to use unleaded unless you really rev it out. But leaded fuel would be available until much later than 1986 so that’s not going to be an issue. As for unleaded using leaded for a year, I’ll use my artistic licence.

I was going to make a 100% accurate round, but as clearly that would take far too much effort than I’ll be able to give. (The first plan was to also limit tyre sizes, which means all cars with irregular tyre sizes would be immediately out, and I wouldn’t have mention that if it goes through. Thankfully it didn’t.) And as TR8R pointed out my error about fuel after several cars have been received. I decided that fuel type use will not matter as well. (Unless of course it’s 98. Leaded or Unleaded not an issue as both would be rarer and more expensive).

I’ve decided to make the round less strict and arsey for most people. Isn’t that supposed to be a good thing?

And even if you’re so hellbent in optimising the car so much that 4 octane rating become a deciding factor. Maybe you’re taking this round in the wrong way as I’ve also clearly stated that this will be incredibly SUBJECTIVE. And min-maxing a car will not work.

Hell. With 19 entries I’ve received so far (not all with advert). There are so many things that’s much more obvious than fuel type that make them not a viable option. You’ll see when the result’s released.

(And of course it makes my job easier.) :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

alright, fair enough.

sorry about going on and on. i get caught up on the finer points and fixate a touch too much.

1 Like

Presenting the Baltazar Quark mk2

Entry-level 1250BS model shown, available from $6,100

15 Likes

Aaand there’s the Baltasar. I’m toast. Lol

1 Like

Funny name choice, as Bambino was, afaik, a common nickname for the Fiat 126 in Italy (accordingly, Maluch means ‘little one’ or ‘toddler’ in Polish)

New for '85: WMD Lepido 1.2

The Lepido 1.2 makes bargain-basement motoring feel a lot better than you think - it offers front fog lamps, a five-speed manual gearbox, four-wheel disc brakes and a basic stereo as standard for just 7,000 GBP. Optional equipment includes a four-speed automatic transmission, alloy wheels and power steering. And its thrifty overhead-cam triple, running on regular unleaded fuel, uses multi-point fuel injection (no carbs here!) to give just enough power for commuting.

1 Like

Alright. The last 24 hours is very nearly here. Let’s recap the entries list.

@Rk38
@Madrias
@HighOctaneLove
@LinkLuke
@TR8R
@ramthecowy
@NormanVauxhall
@findRED19
@bastormonger
@BobLoblaw
@JohnWaldock
@koolkei
@Trollercoaster
@pyrlix
@thecarlover
@accent
@nerd
@Sillyducky
@VicVictory
@Leonardo9613
@AirJordan
and
@abg7

10 Likes

Scarab presents another iteration of the Scarab Flare, this time in sports trim.

1600 cc producing 80+ hp, propelling 825 kg worth of car with both speed and grip. All in all a lukewarm hatch to the decent price of $6900.

Scarab Flare S 85 2

12 Likes