The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

I’m happy to second that; this round was as smooth as silk and I read every word! :cowboy_hat_face:

Anywhoo, can’t wait to see what happens with round 55 (!!!), or do we wait for the big UE4 update that’s in the pipeline?

I would prefer if CSR55 continued to use the Kee engine, if for no other reason than to ensure the next round starts as soon as possible.

2 Likes

I’m surprised my little car actually held up against such strong competition but I think the Znopresk was definitely the right choice, congrats to you NormanVauxhall!

Now, unfortunately, I won’t have time to host the next CSR either.

But excellent job from @conan the whole magazine format followed by the character’s actual thoughts and then a nice epilogue finish it up.

Haha, didn’t even fare quite as terribly as thought I would, given my brake cooling mess-up (still beats me how I never noticed the ET cost involved…). Thanks, @conan for letting me keep face (kind of) via the likability factor. Also good job finding plausible explanations for the quality slider carnage I wreaked. Thanks for hosting the round, and gratz to @NormanVauxhall for an absolutely deserved victory.

@Leonardo9613, will you be taking up CSR hosting duties since Rk38 isn’t hosting either?

2 Likes

Timo is merely a figment of my imagination indeed. No autobiographical.

But I can tell you that the idea for the round has been on my mind since I started competing in CSR on round 30? (Incidentally, hosted by NormanVauxhall, asking for crap French car). And I was very happy that I can finally make it proper.

Thank you all for the kind word. I’m glad to know that my effort have paid off at least. :grin:

I’ve received the message that Leonardo is also not able to host the next round. And that means it goes to 4th place. @accent

IF he’s also not able to host the next round. 5th place is TheElt, 6th is gridghost. Are we breaking the record of round passing yet?

5 Likes

Since accent and TheElt have not hosted any rounds yet, I would like to see what they can come up with if either of them accepts hosting duties. But a round hosted by gridghost would be a nice fall-back plan if those two users both decline the offer - he has had prior experience as a host, after all.

And if I am not mistaken, we have already broken the record for round passing by now - there’s never been a situation in CSR before where, at the very least, the fourth-placed user is tipped to be the next host. Yet that is exactly what we are facing now.

Correction: We have tied the record for round passing, but didn’t break it (and now we won’t, since accent is hosting the next round). CSR39 was hosted by the fourth-placed user in the previous round after the first two users passed it on and the third decided to abandon his plan to be the new host due to… balancing issues.

have we really?

i can’t remember everything. what’s the furthest down we’ve went before?

Give me a while to prepare something (couple of days? we’ll see)

5 Likes

Don’t mean to sound impatient, but just remember the 72 hour rule stated in the first post in the thread.

What’s slightly bugging me right now is that I only see a rule that states a 72 hour deadline for the round master to come up with the results (otherwise: threadpoll), not for the next round master to whip up something new… Am I overlooking something? If there really isn’t any rule on this, maybe it would be good to add one? Just to make sure that the hosting duty doesn’t get passed to someone who won’t be visiting the forums for the next 3 months or something.

Yeah don’t worry. I already have one idea and will now build some cars to test stuff for it. The next round should be up in the next say 24 hours. Ish.

12 Likes

CSR 55: Totally Illegal Alien

Still with Kee!

My name is Mooorrwwe of North Windy Plains. Humans of Earth know me as Manuel Gonzales. I used to run the Alpha Carinae Mafia. Things happened, and now I live in exile here on planet Earth. I live in a box – finest Earth mahogany with polished brass inlays, materials imported to my home planet by my father when I was still a child living in my plastic child box – and I manipulate objects outside the box with two robotic extensions to my small arms. In the ten years I have lived on this planet, I’ve managed to build a cocaine empire in Colombia and eliminate three rival drug lords. I’m just that good.

With the authorities becoming more and more interested in me and rivals looking to find every opportunity to take me out, I need a vehicle to travel in safety. My right hand man will be helping me choose one and I can tell you, I know some people who can get me anything from anywhere on this planet, so importing won’t be a problem.

I will not drive the vehicle myself, as my physiology is unfitting to the task of operating a human motor vehicle. It could be modified to accommodate me, but I need the car to stay drivable by trusted members of my staff, so that is out of the question. The vehicle will be fitted with a slot for my box in place of the back seat, and driven by a chauffeur or one of my bodyguards. Thus, the car should have at least four seats: two in the front for a driver and a bodyguard and two in the back because that’s how much room my box takes. More seats than that will mean I can fit more bodyguards in, so they would be appreciated but not a strict requirement.

I want to travel in style and comfort without compromising on safety. The car will need to look respectable and tasteful rather than draw too much attention with a design that shouts “I’m special”. I am an alien lifeform living on Earth after all. The general public should not get too easily interested in trying to get a peek inside, although of course the windows will be darkened. The car will have to have armor plating and bullet proof windows. With all that added weight, it should still be fast and manouverable. Decent offroad capability and reliability is required, because some of my safehouses are in remote areas and road quality in this part of the world is not the best.

I will have to throw a lot of money at this, to first of all arrange for discreet purchase and import of the car and then to convert the back seat to accommodate my box in a safe but easily accessible way. That means I would like it if the base price for the car itself wouldn’t be astronomical.

Rules:

• using the Kee engine version
  • Year: 2010. Your car CAN be older.
  • Price: $ 35 000 max with 0% markup
  • +15 Body quality and corrosion resistant steel body panels are mandatory to simulate the armor and bulletproof glass. This will make your car very heavy and you must deal with it.
  • at least 4 seats, preferably more
  • fuel RON 95
  • must post an advertisement with at least the name of the car and a picture. All other information is optional, but a well thought out, informative ad will help a lot.

Tips:

• It doesn’t have to be an SUV. There are other suitable bodies within about 10 years before 2010 available. The offroad capability requirement says it only needs to be “decent”. It’s more important to be quick, reliable and comfortable. More is always better though, as long as it’s not at the expense of all the other stuff.
  • Older cars than 2010 are allowed. If for some reason you want to do that. Might be interesting?
  • The advertisement doesn’t have to specifically market an armored version. You can show an ad for the “normal” version of the car if it’s not purpose built to be bulletproof. You can assume that such features get added by the customer, but you can also have them be a standard part of the car.
  • Market it for humans. You don’t know that the buyer is an alien crime lord. Not even that he is a crime lord of any kind. Nobody but his most trusted henchmen know of his true identity. To others he is just Manuel Gonzales. His right hand guy Carlos handles the actual purchase.

Basic stuff:

• name your car CSR55 + your user name
  • name your trim what the model name is
  • name your engine CSR55 + your user name
  • name your engine variant what you want

Deadline: 5th November @ 17:00 GMT

14 Likes

Looks like this CSR…is out of this world…

18 Likes

An armored car? Now this is something that has never been discussed before in the history of CSR.

American Eagle Automotive has experience with building armored vehicles, but, unfortunately in 2010 they had no decent cars that would fill the gap for someone to armor.

Was DSD around at this time? Somebody call DSD! Is @Darkshine5 off duty from blasting Somalian pirates off the Gulf of Aden yet?

4 Likes

So, Would a Armored Subaru Impreza WRX be OK?

5 Likes

could be

How important will economy and emissions be?