The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

I can’t help but notice that I’m the only one(I think) who has used the 1965 body in this round. Is there a particular reason why nobody else uses it?

I didn’t use it because it’s too big.

Isn’t my “Eh Camino” enough of a wildcard? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I think I used the 4-door version of that body. And I picked it for making a wildcard, and because I’ve never used the 4-door version before, so it just felt right to try something new.

This was the car in the older version of Kee engine. It is enough drivable to not be a concern.

I think it should have become even a bit more drivable with the latest update of Kee engine.

CSR56
The guy down the road bought the farm, and his daughter wants his stuff sold. She asked me to take care of it. Some dude offered me 8 grand on the spot, so I figured it might be worth a bit more. From what I can make out, it’s a U.S.-market only version of a British sports coupe with a “near 500 cube”… whatever that means. Hard to find any real details on it, so it must be a little bit rare. Charlotte, N.C.

Not ever since the Performance Tuner Time Attack 95 did I see people going over the top this “little” :smiley: And that was full of cars with turbos bigger than their engines pushing as much as 700hp from 2 liters and 1500hp twinturbo v8’s with turbo kick as painful as Chuck Norris roundhouse to the face.

9 Likes

For Sale:

1969 AEA Barracuda FSX

For sale is my well kept second gen Barracuda.
Numbers Matching Original
Clean interior
333ci Small Block (one of the earliest 333ci blocks built)
Was repainted factory color back in the 90s, but it is starting to show its age.

Special Options:

• Radio delete (simple panel you can replace if you want to add an aftermarket stereo, original speakers were still installed)
  • Rare Factory 4-wheel Disk Brakes
  • Odd color combination “Burnt Bronze” exterior with tan cloth seats.
  • Shaker Hood Scoop
  • Reproduction Red Dot Wide Tires
  • Factory 5 spoke Rims
  • Factory Trak-Force Limited Slip Differential
    (Yes, its an “autolocker” in Automation, just use you imagination since we don’t have a proper clutch-pack lsd in Automation yet.)
  • Factory decorative Spoiler

The engine is the 1969 333ci Hi-Po V8, which was equipped with the best cylinder heads AEA ever designed in that era. It was advertised at 290hp back in '69, but it was really underrated. The previous owner had the small block rebuilt to factory specs, but I’ve heard that if you cam it a little, you can really make some power from the small block.

Some Company History: This was the body that was originally sold in the Fruinia markets only until the oil crisis caused AEA to bring it into the Gasmean markets to replace the first gen body in 1973.

No Lowballers! This is listed for the fair price of $12100 FIRM
Contact Dan at: [redacted]

8 Likes

Likewise, I could have submitted one of these, but rejected it for being too expensive:

Also, the '68 NMI Arrowhead GTX has an independent rear end, four-wheel disc brakes and a five-speed gearbox plus an auto locking diff - few, if any, real-life classic muscle cars had at least one of the first three components. And as I learned from CSR51, an auto locker can be a poor substitute for a primitive LSD at times.

1 Like

@BobLoblaw & @abg7 REALLY???

@strop - new rule…You submit a car and then STFU about what you could/should/would have entered if x,y or z!

6 Likes

well, for at least one of them, that’s the problem you have when you want to submit five cars to the challenge but none of them quite fit the bill :joy:

7 Likes

I apologize. I’ll even delete the post if necessary.

2 Likes

FOR SALE: 1972 Gasril Hustle

Although Gasril was known for some truly crazy inventions during the heights of the '60s (such as the 400hp Machismo SUV), its most enduring car through the '70s was the simple and dependable Gasril Hustle. The Hustle was a no-nonsense pony car, delivering excellent power and speed with no excess cost. This example comes in stealth blue and is equipped with the 247hp 5.0L V8. It’s good for 0-60 in 6.4 seconds and a 15-second quarter mile. It may not have been the most advanced or the most exciting car of its time, but it had excellent performance for its price, was reliable and easy to upgrade, and offered surprisingly high efficiency for the time period.

Today, all of those advantages are still just as valid and just as applicable to anyone seeking that classic V8 rumble from a bygone era. The quintessential, working man’s pony car. For just $9800, you can own this piece of history and restore it, tune it, or do anything you’d like!

9 Likes

Solid 1969 Solo Harrier 400!

Price: $12,200

Year: 1969

Make: Solo

Model: Harrier

Trim: 400

Kilometers/Mileage: 55,000

Body Type: Coupe

Transmission: 4-Speed Manual

Colour: Purple

Drivetrain: RWD

No. of Seats: 4

Engine Type: V8

Description:
It’s come time to sll my beloved 1969 Solo Harrier 400, I just can’t properly care for her anymore. Bought new and owned her since, never driven in rain, always been in Sacramento. She’s 100% original and still going strong. Always been properly maintained and had anything issues taken care of before becoming a serious problem. The paint’s original and starting to fade a little from the hours of joyful driving in the sun.

The Solo Harrier 400 was introduced for the 1969 model year and only available until 1972. Solo crammed a 400ci V8 in there making 362 hp (figure I got from the dyno a few years back) to bring it against hte higher performance Mustangs and Camaros. It’s got the lip and spoiler from the Harrier Sport, but wider arches and wheels and quad exhausts, so you can really tell that it’s a special car. The purple paint was one of the special colours for it and is probably the most recognised one.

This is your chance to own a little piece of muscle car history at a good price. No low ballers and no trades, I’m in no hurry to sell her.

11 Likes

1969 BM Piranha

Packing a well maintained twin cam 258ci V8, size doesn’t mean everything. The Piranha can sprint to 62mph in under 6.5 seconds and tops out at 140mph, with that engine screaming all the way to 7000rpm.

It’s recorded multiple high 14’s on the 1/4 mile but there’s definitely a bit more in there, interior is is good condition and the radio is working, asking $12,500

9 Likes

1968 DMV Galleon 415 RS

The DMV Galleon 415 RS was a sporty version of an otherwise utilitarian station wagon made to offer increased performance for the man who still had to haul his kids around, or could only afford one car. Its starting point as a wagon with 3 rows of seats (the 3rd row is removed for weight reduction in the RS trim) means it will be cheaper to insure and attract less police attention than other muscle cars. The 415 cubic inch V8 may only have 275 horsepower, but it makes a massive 393 ft-lb of torque. Which through the console mounted 4 speed manual, takes it from a stop to 60 in 6.8 seconds while taking it through the quarter mile in just a hair over 15 seconds. That’s just with the 415. The RS package adds 4 wheel disc brakes with stronger pads, a performance tuned suspension with stiffer shocks and springs, and front bucket seats. This particular example is selling for $12,500

5 Likes

ENTRIES ARE NOW CLOSED

i will review them and post results a soon as i can

10 Likes

I wonder if the Machismo’s big-block V8 could fit in the Hustle’s engine bay… It seems big enough to take it!

And regarding the Piranha:

I don’t think there were any muscle cars with DOHC engines back then, but it’s nice to see one here, for variety’s sake.

Edit: I must have forgotten about SOHC… His wording is ambiguous as to whether or not it actually means dual overhead cams per cylinder bank.

Unless twin cam means two SOHC heads.

2 Likes

Reviews shall be up pretty shortly, and some of you really abandoned reality.

5 Likes

They like the abuse, don’t disappoint them. :crazy_face: