The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

I knew Kai would prefer the MERs (lower case s is intentional, it should not be capitaltised)

To be honest I originally picked the ME30. I only changed the entry last minute because of your post. For this reason youā€™ll find Iā€™ve taken pictures of the wrong car.

dat amount of wok is impressive for someone that doesnā€™t have a lot of time.

Excel macros are a wonderful thing. And the data input is the easy part.

Just please donā€™t hijack my computer :sweat_smile:

The writing is the hard part, Iā€™m not feeling that optimistic about getting everything out by tomorrow, maybe the day after, sorry :sweat:

Take your time. Iā€™m in no big rush. Iā€™d rather get to enjoy the commentaries of the completely-insane racing driver from Gryphon Gear than to just get a list saying ā€œYeah, this is the car I want.ā€

2 Likes

tbh i wasnā€™t expecting anything before monday

That was me. I put +5 into the suspension as a way of trying to imitate having fully adjustable suspension in the car.

Again this was me. I was in a rush to get it in before I left and forgot to include that but I did specify the trim in my ad that I posted. Hopefully thats cleared up and I cant wait for the results.

ya done gone goofed

I was expecting something more from the Salmon. I probably had to put moreā€¦ spicy in it

Iā€™m quite happy with where the Cisalpina Scattante ended up. In the middle of nowhere without direct competition. This can be good or can go horribly wrong. I bet itā€™s the latter :smiley:

I built the most awesome car here. Iā€™m good with whatever comes next.

######I sacrificed a lot to accomplish that feat, but thatā€™s the Boss Motorsports way - all power, all the time.

1 Like

I fear that the Kron K3 SL is a bit too, erm, German.

My entrant was a personal best result for me; Shelob by Leeroy is my fastest Green Hell car ever and also the most powerful turbo car Iā€™ve ever submitted!

But my money is on the Revera R1 Supersport replacing Mephisto or the Cisalpina Scattante replacing Toothless.

Why?

The Revera F1 is almost as fast as my entry yet is much more tolerable and the Cisalpina is rated as very awesome yet maintains some daily effectivenessā€¦

Best of luck to all who entered!

1 Like

I donā€™t think I styled my car sexy enough, but I did only finish it the night of the deadline. It will be interesting to see what Kai says about it.

I may not may not be able to change things depending on how well my prefab macro works. If itā€™s doable Iā€™ll change the results.

These comments are very amusing. Youā€™ll find out if you were correct later on :wink: Iā€™m very pleased at how the graphs turned out, as they do quite well to give you a visual representation of where you might stand, before sexiness is taken into account.

As with @HighOctaneLove, I would put my money on @asdren for replacing Mephisto (old-school thrills, new-school performance) but tip @Rk38 to replace Toothless (great all-around hot hatch with decent economy and performance) - assuming I didnā€™t win, of course.

Since the deadline, I have created more powerful versions of the Kramer K4 Coupe (which I may subsequently post in the car design sharing forum), so the annual production total for the trim I submitted to @strop is only for the base model - I wanted the annual production quota for other, upmarket variants to be far higher, because few customers actually want to buy a base model premium car these days - most buyers prefer to have all the bells and whistles now (a DCT is optional on each trim, adaptive dampers are optional on the base model, but the trim I submitted is a bare-bones, manual version with conventional monotube dampers), but this would considerably increase the price.

@Rk38 is spot on with his assessment of the other entries, and as he stated I would add some more power to my ride for even more awesomeness if I didnā€™t do well enough. In fact I already have, but itā€™s too late to change my trim. However, according to the charts provided by @strop, I seem to have struck a balance between tolerability and awesomeness. A tinkerability score of >1 for the trim and engine also help.

Finally, as you may have known, by submitting the K4, I ruled myself out of the possibility of replacing Mephisto - the lack of tinkerability exhibited by the hypercar I originally wanted to submit, combined with the poor tolerability and insane cost, militated against its viability, despite its superior awesomeness.

Unless I get a slab of contemporary Emma Watson levels of sexiness from Kai for the Black Label Brutus, Iā€™m pretty sure Iā€™m not in contention.

In other words, Iā€™m ready for the review to point out how nuts the car is. Itā€™s so intolerable that even my amazing awesome score cannot boost my CarKarma Coefficient to anything respectable.

Iā€™d be willing to bet that the Muse will be lost in the pack just not bonkers enough or pretty enough or tinkerable just average :first_quarter_moon:

i got a the feeling that iā€™m gonna be up there, yet again, but not winning again.

the false hope as usual. so close yet so far.

I agree with you and @HighOctaneLove that @asdrenā€™s Revera R1 is looking very impressive in the stats plus it looks amazing so surely the one set to replace the Mephisto. Although Iā€™m not so sure about mine. Looking at the stats I think Iā€™m coming up short in the awesomeness among other things. There are just so many really competitive entries to replace the Toothless. Hard to say how things will go but you have beautifully balanced but expensive drivers machines like the Pearlite Visceral 12 and Cisalpina Scattante but then very competitive daily drivers like the Smooth Saabro X, Seishido CS and BMMA Salmon 2.3 GT Sprint 2.

Iā€™m wondering if I should have used the full bored out 2.5L version of my engine and tried to get a bit more awesomeness score. If I do poorly in the write up I think Maesima will probably have to give the ST-R an early update with the new 2.5L turbo engine. :wink: Iā€™m also very curious to see what the mystery entries which havenā€™t revealed their cars actually look like especially the full reveal of the @titleguy1ā€™s Kron K3, @EnryGT5ā€™s Seishido CS and @koolkeiā€™s Phyton Glandict.