@MasterDoggo
@MGR_99
@Mikonp7
@MONARCH
@randomone
@schultzie
@Fayeding_Spray
@Watermelon3878

If your name isn’t there and you entered by the deadline, please let me know ASAP

̶th̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶w̶a̶y̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶e̶n̶t̶r̶i̶e̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶n̶ ̶i̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶e̶x̶p̶e̶c̶t̶i̶n̶g̶
I’ll have the first lot of results up soonish!

8 Likes

And thats a warp!

warp

WARP

WARP

WARP

warp
̶i̶t̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶j̶o̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶k̶

3 Likes

Engage

Looks like there going to be some hot competition for first place this round!
So many good entries

Update:
Over the weekend I only got about 4 of the entries reviewed - and these next couple of days are a bit frantic (as school is). Things should hopefully clear up by next weekend, and I’ll be able to smash them out. I’ll keep chipping away at them, but be warned!

5 Likes

Any progress mate?

1 Like

I’ll try to get the first 5 out tonight :cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

Jaxer Judging

Group 1 of 3

September 1998 - Duisburg, Germany
Xerma HQ

A small group of engineers and executives huddle out into the minimalist stone plaza, their dress-shoes clacking on the stone pavers.

The first lot of Jaxer design proposals are glinting under the autumn sun, ready for inspection.

Information about judging system

Just like Killrob’s competition, an AVERAGE score is 5/10.

So in that way, 6 is slightly above average, and 4 is slightly below.

@schultzie DejaDesign’s Jaxer

Photos

Craftsmanship

5/10 - Some of the fixtures look a bit glued on, but overall it looks fairly well made

Cohesion

5/10 - Fixture choices are complementary front and rear - although the rear grille-liscence plate setup is a bit clashing

Era correctness

6/10 - The light fixtures are spot on - however plastic louvers weren’t the stuff in the early 2000s, and the wing mirrors are almost… 1930s.

Detailing

5/10 - Detailing is a bit sloppy, and the centre rear indicator certainly raises some questions

Sportiness

6/10 - Dejadesign’s Jaxer does have has a fairly sporty look, the front lip contribuiting to the look

Innovation

5/10 - The design is certainly up to date, and the side vent is a new look - but there’s nothing to write home about

Sophistication

5/10 - DejaDesign’s Jaxer is passable by the executives, however it does look a little cheap.

Total score: 38

@Fayeding_Spray Manor Design’s Jaxer

Photos

Craftsmanship

4/10 - The blacked out roof is well done, however it’s brought down by various mis-aligned fixtures

Cohesion

5/10 - The main fixtures used complement eachother, however there is some clashing due to mixing sharp and round lines.

Era correctness

6/10 - The light fuxtures used are age-appropriate, however the 60s style door handle reeks partsbin

Detailing

4/10 - The small hood-intakes are a nice touch, however asides from that theres a lack of design detail

Sportiness

7/10 - With it’s aggressive roof scoop and mancing grin, this design is certainly sporty

Innovation

6/10 - The hood scoop and centred exhaust are innovative, however the overall design feels slightly dated already

Sophistication

2/10 - Manor’s Jaxer looks like too much like a hotwheels - unfit for a proud german sportscar craftsman

Total score: 35

@Mikonp7 Propeller’s Jaxer

Photos

Craftsmanship

7/10 - Propellers Jaxer looks very well made, it’s put together to german standards

Cohesion

8/10 - The design is very cohesive, everything is well thought out.

Era correctness

8/10 - Once again, the light fixtures used are age appropriate - infact, I have no complaints here.

Detailing

7/10 - The Xerma Executives appreciate the details like the badges and the subtle indents

Sportiness

6/10 - Propeller’s Jaxer does look like a proper sportscar, although it does lack a bit of… punch

Innovation

6/10 - The rear window design and the large side vent are modern looking, however the design doesn’t stand out.

Sophistication

7/10 - Propeller’s design looks prim and proper - and the german executives like that.

Total score: 49

@Ludvig HUH’s Jaxer

Photos

Craftsmanship

6/10 - It’s fairly well made - Not much to complain about

Cohesion

6/10 - The front and rear fascia work quite well together - however the headlights aren’t that fitting to the body shape

Era correctness

4/10 - HUH’s design really makes the executives go HUH, as the fixture choices are unrealistic for the era.

Detailing

6/10 - The executives like the rear fascia badging - and the large X details coincide with the company name

Sportiness

6/10 - The HUH designed car is fairly sporty - the rear looks business.

Innovation

6/10 - The intakes and vents on the rear portion of the car are something to show off at the autoshow

Sophistication

7/10 - HUH’s design looks sharply buttoned up - which is suiting for Xermas refined image

Total score: 41

@Falling_Comet Sunsei’s Jaxer

Photos

Craftsmanship

6/10 - A lot of work has gone into Sunsei AMC’s redition of the Jaxer - but it’s still a bit sloppy around the edges

Cohesion

4/10 - Sunsei’s Jaxer is a little bit messy as far as fixture placement goes - and the sharp sculpted lines of the nose don’t compliment sweeping roofline

Era correctness

3/10 - This thing looks modern by today’s standards - the fixture choices are very much a decade ahead

Detailing

5/10 -The rear decklid is pretty inticate, which the engineers like - however the car lacks any badging at all.

Sportiness

8/10 - Sunei’s Jaxer looks ready to kill - like a falcon diving to snag it’s helpless prey.

Innovation

7/10 - This design is certainly innovative - but perhaps a bit too much so for 2001.

Sophistication

4/10 - The hyper-aggressive styling makes it look a bit too hardcore for a refined sportscar.

Total score: 37

Lot%201

9 Likes

When’s the next part due, my dude?

1 Like

Sorry about any delay guys, it’s on it’s way.

Just got a lot on plate at the moment; and as much as this is important I’m sure you can understand some other things take priority

4 Likes

It’s alright, you go sort out your real life stuff first. I’m sure whatever you’re doing, it’s more important than some online challenge for funsies that you’re hosting for people you don’t even know personally. I for one very much understand, I went through some rough times right around the judging period for my CSR round. Wasn’t fun. Don’t let this ruin the fun for you too!

3 Likes

Next round will be up today!

2 Likes

Jaxer Judging

Group 2 of 3

@randomone Metric Studio’s Jaxer

Photos

Craftsmanship

5/10 - There isn’t much to say about the build quality - asides from… average

Cohesion

4/10 - The stylistic themes aren’t really repeated front and rear - the choice in rear headlights esspecially jarring

Era correctness

7/10 - Fixture choice is on point as far as era-correctness stands

Detailing

5/10 - There are a couple of little details here and there - although the executives did find the car a little bare

Sportiness

6/10 - The design does look fairly sporty - it could be a little more aggressive though

Innovation

6/10 - The engine lid vents are an innovative feature - the executives are fans

Sophistication

4/10 - Sophisticated isn’t a word I would use to describe this - it’s comparable to a mildly-happy tropical fish; so “Pleased” is more of an accurate descriptor

Total score: 37

@chiefzach2018 Zacspeed Design’s Jaxer

Photos

Craftsmanship

6/10 - The blacked out roof is well done, however it’s brought down by various mis-aligned fixtures

Cohesion

8/10 - The main fixtures used complement eachother, however there is some clashing due to mixing sharp and round lines.

Era correctness

5/10 - Zacspeed’s design is slightly to advanced for the era - the front and rear fascia do call half a decade ahead.

Detailing

8/10 - The rear badging satisfies the executives on a spiritual level

Sportiness

8/10 - The sharp brake intakes at front create a subtle agression - just enough for a sporty look

Innovation

8/10 - The glass bubbles up top are super innovative - while they might be expensive to make, they’ll be a huge selling feature

Sophistication

7/10 - This look is nicely buttoned up, and definitely worthy of the Xerma nameplate

Total score: 50

@mart1n2005 Courageux’s Jaxer

Photos

Craftsmanship

5/10 - The craftman ship isn’t poor, but certainly not to a high standard.

Cohesion

4/10 - The design doesn’t seem to be well thought through - nothing really clicks together

Era correctness

3/10 - The fixture choice is at least a decade ahead - Fit for 2014, but not so for 2001.

Detailing

4/10 - The slotted rear window is a nice touch, however some badging would be appreciated.

Sportiness

6/10 - The angled front intakes create an aggressive expression, which is fitting for the Jaxer’s sporty philosophy.

Innovation

6/10 - The rear wheelwell intakes are a new feature; the engineers scribble notes onto their pads.

Sophistication

5/10 - The fixtures chosen are fairly premium, contributing to a moderate sophistication.

Total score: 33

@MasterDoggo Lorier’s Jaxer

Photos

Craftsmanship

6/10 - Lorier have done a decent job on this car - it’s put together to a fair standard

Cohesion

5/10 - The front and rear fascias are good in their own right, however the executives aren’t quite convinced they fit together

Era correctness

8/10 - This is one of few designs that gets the era right - the rear is on the money.

Detailing

5/10 - A few details here and there are addequate - but a little more intracacy wouldn’t go astray

Sportiness

6/10 - Lorier have achieved a fairly sporty look with their Jaxer - The canard-like lip setup contributing to this.

Innovation

7/10 - The large side-blade and functional rear cooling grille are very innovative features - Xerma would be proud to display them

Sophistication

6/10 - Lorier’s design is fairly sleek - although the large headlights detract slightly from the sophisticated feel.

Total score: 43

@MONARCH Monarch’s Jaxer

Photos

Craftsmanship

6/10 - This Jaxer is rather well put together, with no standout complaints about quality

Cohesion

5/10 - All in all the design works in it’s own right, however the front and tail lights could be more cohesive in style

Era correctness

6/10 - Monarch’s Jaxer is era correct as far as fixture choice is concerned

Detailing

6/10 - The side line and the little badging are good details to include

Sportiness

5/10 - The front fascia of Monarchs Jaxer is strange in a way that somehow makes it seem a little awkward - Not creating a sporty look

Innovation

7/10 - The high-tech glass targa-top is a great feature that the executives love.

Sophistication

4/10 - The awkwardness of the front styling detracts from this Jaxer’s sophistication.

Total score: 39

9 Likes

:eyes: cannot wait to see the last part
great work so far!

4 Likes

Working on the final part tonight!

Should be out soon-ish

5 Likes

Jaxer Judging

Group 3 of 3

@watermelon3878 Watermellon’s Jaxer

Photos

Craftsmanship

6/10 - Watemellons Jaxer is well made, with only minor blemishes.

Cohesion

4/10 - The fixtures work reasonably well together, with no large clashes

Era correctness

3/10 - Watermellon’s fixture choices make this Jaxer look at least 15 years to young

Detailing

5/10 - The badging is great, however aside’s from that the car is a bit barren

Sportiness

6/10 - The sharp look around the front fascia is gives this car pretty sporty presence

Innovation

5/10 - The side intake and decklid outlets are fairly innovative features.

Sophistication

5/10 - While the light fixtures are far to modern for the Jaxer, they do give it a fairly sophisticated look.

Total score: 35

@MGR 99 Schrafen’s Jaxer

Photos

Craftsmanship

8/10 - Scharfen’s Jaxer is put together to a very high standard - it’s german origins shining through

Cohesion

8/10 - Everything works exeptionally well together, the spoiler fits the body shape and the body lines create a great sense of flow

Era correctness

5/10 - The light fixtures don’t look 2001, and the rear fascia is pushing it for that era. All in all, the design looks a slightly too modern.

Detailing

8/10 - The attention to detail on Schrafen’s Jaxer is superb, all the little things in the right places

Sportiness

8/10 - This design certainly looks the part for a mid-ship sports coupe - fitting for the cover of a road and track magazine

Innovation

8/10 - The well sculpted body, integrated spoiler and modern side vent are all something to brag about.

Sophistication

7/10 - The executives are very impressed, and believe the design aligns with Xerma’s exclusive image

Total score: 52

@machalel Kiyume’s Jaxer

Photos

Craftsmanship

6/10 - Kiyume’s Jaxer is reasonably well put together.

Cohesion

6/10 - The fixtures chosen are decently cohesive, although the headlights could be integrated better into the body lines.

Era correctness

5/10 - Oncemore, we have another car that suffers from a slightly modern fixture choice - which makes the design seem slightly unrealistic

Detailing

6/10 - The badges are a nice touch, and the intricate vents are a clean detail

Sportiness

6/10 - The Kiyume designed jaxer looks reasonably sporty, improved by the mild aero and sweeping intakes.

Innovation

6/10 - The intake and vent setup is a nice innovation in design - not a huge flex, but addequate.

Sophistication

6/10 - Kiyume’s design is somewhat sophisticated, however the japanese looking styling is a hot topic amongst the conservitave germans

Total score: 41

@Ezdmn CCD’s Jaxer

Photos

Craftsmanship

8/10 - CCD’s Jaxer is very nicely crafted - the executives are impressed.

Cohesion

7/10 - This Jaxer works very well - every fixture is well chosen and thoughtfully placed

Era correctness

5/10 - CCD’s design looks more 2011 than 2001 - it suffers the same issues of may competitors alike

Detailing

8/10 - The detailing on this design is very fine - All sorts of clean details that compliment the design

Sportiness

8/10 - The CCD Jaxer is certainly a sporty looking design - fitting for the mid engined Xerma.

Innovation

8/10 - The roof scoop, sleek wing and sweeping engine lid vents make for an innovattive design.

Sophistication

7/10 - CCD’s design has a sophisticated chic, and the executives are impressed.

Total score: 51

Final result:
no peeking

After a lot of consideration, the executives came to an ultimate decision:

The boys from Schrafen had done a spectacular job with the Jaxer, and their design was to be immortalized automotive history.

Top 5:

1. [52] @MGR_99
  2. [51] @Ezdmn
  3. [50] @chiefzach2018
  4. [49] @Mikonp7
  5. [43] @MasterDoggo
Graph

Final words:

Honestly, congratulations everyone! I was blown away by some of these designs, and some of the final decisions were hard to make - So much awesome work.

Good luck to future hosts and competitiors!

8 Likes

You seem to have mixed up ezdmn’s car with Doggo’s car.

Anyway, excellent work! Did not expect to see the top four to be so close to each other.

I’m going to start doing the write up for my round.

Whoops! Amended.

Dayum that was close! I guess early 2000s is just quite an awkward time for sports cars, people tend to miss era accuracy by quite a bit.

EDIT: Wait uhh, it seems like the side vents on mine are missing? Is it an import issue or do you not have the mod?