The Crowd Sourcing Competition [Round 49]

Quite impressive what you can do with a little effort c:
feels like I don’t even deserve 7 lines of text :3<
by all means congratulations to the podium )))

Im not the host but i like your car, it is made to be “ugly” and makes it look well, with some things it could be pretty nice-y.

BTW, i will come up with something for the CSC 27 in the next 24 hours

6 Likes

Congrats to the winner! Had a great time designing a modern retro car ngl.

'Twas fun, but my ambitiousness did not pay off :stuck_out_tongue:
Was good fun to design though, as ever.

Can’t wait for the next CSC.

I’ve ran out of idea on the rear, and also my timing was a bit crunch.

<Shift+F1=Help> <F6=Window> <F2=Subs> <F8=Step>
CSC27 - A new decade, a new Halo.

Email

Hello, I’m David, CEO of Alfora Automotive. If you received this letter, we consider your design studio one of the bests in the world, and we need your help.

Next year our brand will be completing 15 years of existence. After a long run of sucessful and shameful cars, the brand has made none more than just survive. Not a loss. Not a gain. Alfora has gained only one thing: some passionate and rich fans.

These rich people, specially millionaire ones, went to Alfora HQ at Maranello for some conversation. The results? We will have a campaign to launch itself worldwide, specially on Japan/Rest of the Europe, where the investors came from, not only the Italian domestic market.

So, the designers, in a intensive work to make this happen in a good way, prepared 4 cars to be launched in 1990 - The Alfora year to gain the world. But they forgot something: their Halo Car, and the team still need to finish and polish the new models. What can they do?

That’s where you enter: We need a Supercar to be our Halo one. With the Alfora face, to be launched worldwide as a marketing of the brand.

When the design and engineering is finished, send it to our HQ. We sent you some inspirations pictures and some photos from ours 1990’s models. Remembers this is our Halo car, it will represent the main car and will be carrying our banner.

Our spy knows that Lamborghini is doing a car named Diablo, we sent you some pics of it too, so try to be the most far possible from it.

Attachments
Inspirations

Vector W8

Detomaso Pantera

Ferrari Testarossa

Lamborghini Diablo

Jaguar XJ220

Acura NSX

Cizzeta V16T

Caspita

Porsche 959

Mclaren F1

Bugatti EB110

Nissan Mid4

Ferrari F40

Alfora Madness

Alfora 1990 Cars
Zero

Pantera

Hare

Johnny

So here is some things:
- You are creating a halo supercar(as NSX was), and it need to look like it, not like only a sports car. You need to do it concept-esque, but not too far from the things produced in the year, since it will be the face of Alfora in the 90' decade.
- Don’t go too avant-garde with the design, but definitely don’t go too conservative either. This is a balancing act which is hard to pin down specifically what I want.
- The Engine needs to be a v8, a V10 or a v12 and it needs a turbo
- There isn't any restrictions.
- Using bodies different than the Diablo(such as the NSX or the Caspita) will be appreciated, but is not a main concern
- Body molding will be HIGHLY appreciated
- Model year set to 1995 BUT REMEMBER: Its a 1990 car, not a 1995, It is just to allow the usage of 2 another bodies and so we can have more different cars
- Keep it REAL - You Need to Badge the car as a Alfora one, we use the deer fixture(you can scale it) or you can only write the brand name at a place where it is easily viewable

------------------------------------------------------------
Follow the naming convention as per usual:

Model: CSC27 - [YOUR FORUM USERNAME]
Trim: [YOUR DESIGN FIRM NAME] [YOUR CAR NAME]
Engine: CSC27 - [YOUR FORUM USERNAME]
Variant: FREE

DM the .car file to me and post a photo of your design as a reply below. It helps to look at the design for first impressions.

If you have any thoughts, let me know so i can repair it. We will have 24hours to someone complain about something, if no one complains, I will start the challenge and set the deadline for 7 days after, so, 17th of February.
This is a special thanks to @thecarlover for helping me in everything in that round, and another thanks to @z2bbgr with the name of the round. Thanks to everyone that helped with thoughts too.
15 Likes

sounds like fun.

Love this concept!

Time to make the McLaren F1 eat dust!

Oh yes. I can’t design the 90’s very well, but that means it will be a good challenge. I think I know just the car I want to make :wink:

What do you mean by that? Wings and spoilers, or Steam workshop mods?

Edit: You referred to body molding - but although you recommend it, I don’t think it will be mandatory.

Let me correct that one, it is body molding, not body modification.
If someone still dont have seen It: I added V10 to the possible engines too
Other thing too: This is a pretty free round, but at the end you still need to ressemble Alfora Design Language in some way.

CHANGELOG

• Ok so here is a thing, now you have to set the model year to 1995 BUT the car is still from 1990, this Will alow the usage of the egg body, that can show Nice 90 things and the Saleen body as well

• Now you can easily see what is Alfora badge too

• Another thing too that i forgot to answer @abg7, yeah, body molding is not exactly mandatory, but cars that have body molding will have a great advantage, obviously if there is a pretty nice made car direct from vanilla, it will have the same chances.

• Now you can use a V10 Engine too

• Even being a pretty free round, you still need to ressemble Alfora Design Language in some way.

BTW, no more complains, i declare the round open, if any of you have a question, dm me or post it here so i can answer :slight_smile:

The Deadline is 18th of February 00:00 on GMT -3. You can have a countdown here.

Correction: It should be model year 1990, trim year 1995.

Wrong, he means model year in 1995 to unlock more modern bodies, but you advertise the cars as being 1990. Seeing as they’re near-production concepts.

No, Model and Trim year set to 1995, so you can use the Egg and Saleen Bodies. But you’re still creating a 1990 car, its just to permit the use of that bodies so we can see pretty different cars

Alfora Arrow 3.5TT Proposal By HPS

2 Likes

The Alfora Demone made by Lünnerden Design

Summary

i messed around with the filters and stuff

Presenting the V12 TURBO

14 Likes

Katsuro Design Studios Presents the Alfora AUtomotive R1 Concept

Our vision is to make that special car that kids put on their bedroom wall.

5 Likes

I forgot a specific phrase that were on the draft: Alfora HQ is on Italy’s Interior, so, uh, it is actually “italian supercars” but they need to be suitable to Europe and Japanese markets.

It doesnt make actually almost any difference, its just for clarification, but if the people who already submitted want to resubmit, you can, since i need to be equal to everyone.