1990* Alfora-Bradford Speciale-15

Angles

8 Likes

1990 Alfora GT 860-4

More pics

8 Likes

1990 Alfora Nimbus Concept

14 Likes

(the conversation works that way: First, they show the front photo, then, the rear, as the order appears. This was the way i found to dont pollute too much the thread, but all the conversations were written in a line, so i would appreciate if you read everything.)

CSC 27: A new Decade, A new Halo | Reviews

February 1st 1989 | Some location in Maranello's interior

1 month after the email was launched, David, the CEO, Erick, The Chief Designer, two of the big Investors(I1 and I2) of the company were united in Alfora HQ, which was passing for changes to get more space for more staff. They had a hard job: choose one of the designs that came from the best studios all around the word.

Alfora Arrow 3.5TT by HPS - @abg7

Conversation
  • David: So here is the Arrow 3.5TT concept, by HPS, i liked that front with its subtle and simple thinking, that hood vent could be bigger and more rad, since its a supercar, but not a problem

• I1: the front looks ok even it being too normal, for me its worth to consider

• Erick: why our name is in such a big grill , the rear seems poorly made , the car itself isnt bad, the front looks nice even being normal but that rear seems bad and just sporty, not the super we want.
  • I2: and it stop revving at the power peak, that is quite a strange thing. Btw, i think the rear definitively kill it, and we dont have time to make a new one. Next one please.
  • I1: yeah, I agree, sadly its a pass.

Alfora Demone By Lünnerden - @randomtuner

Conversation
  • David: This one is by Lunnerden. They called it Demone. that’s a fucking mess and it has a 10L engine, wtf

• Erick: Pass for the sake of god, that front is just a bunch of things together, and what is that light, i have never seen it, it exists or is just a concept light???

• I1: show the rear pl0x

• Erick: ok ok it looks not as bad as the front and could do with some work, but still a mess, it cant even fit a plate, pass.

Alfora V12 Turbo - @OME

Conversation
  • David: This is Definitively incredible and nice looking, is such a bold and radical look, without being too extreme-y, it looks pretty fancy, who sent us was a designer, not a studio, and its called V12 Turbo

• I2: Wow! Perfect, we have our new car?

• David: Eeeh, not exactly

• Erick: If that rear was slightly different man, that way it just look as a face, and its not in a good way as the front looks like an Alien, thats pretty sad.

• I1: Yep, sadly its a pass, i loved that front, man. If that taillight was different, it would definitively be a contender for this, im truly sad.

• David: Definitively me too, i would love to see that car produced the way it should be, but we dont have time for that, so we need to be fast.

Alfora R1 by Kazuro - @FitRS

Conversation
  • David: This one is the R1, by Kazuro Design. Thinkings?

• I2: It should be named Blobfish.

• Erick: Definitively, but well, its not bad too, even coming with even the blobfish nose. It could go for a more strange looking and this all-around glass is truly noice and seems like a OVNI, thats rad.

• I1: They used their time to make a all-around glass and forgot to make a proper rear. I think this is a disease in all the design studios, its not possible, they just put a square light on the back? Wtf

• David: That ventilator too, its a bit overkill, the wing is nice too but eeeeh, no, sadly. It dont have a place for proper plates too, even on the front. That wheel is easily changeable, not a problem too, but that choice, wtf??Pass

Challenger 1 by Cardinal Tuning GMBH - @matthew51345

Conversation
  • David: Cardinal Tuning sent the Challenger 1, and well, its just a normal simple car.

• Erick: In a pretty wtf color

• I1: Lets give it a chance, show us the rear

• I1: ok, that lower part is pretty ok but the rest is just a squary mess with 1600hp, its not even possible to achieve that, next please.

Alfora Parallax by Innovation - @Rise_Comics

Conversation
  • David: This is Parallax by Innovation, and i think they innovated with this vertical mirror as this would be a truck, there is no reason why this thing is that way.

• Erick: hMmMm that front is pretty ok, even that lights being too big, a pop-up of that size seems strange and everything, but well, still considerable.

• Erick: Are we in 1979?

• David: Yep, that side vent is strange too, lets see the next concept.

Alfora Cerberus by Wagenmacher - @Slyo_vom_Pluto

Conversation
  • David: what is this front??? its just a bunch of things thrown together, again. Btw, that is Cerberus, by Wagenmacher.

• I2: That popup is way too big, hm???

• David: well, it seens like they used all the budget on the rear, the taillight is quite nice here, but the other things are just over the top, look at how much things just thrown. Can we already see the other? That next one seems like a nice one.

Alfora SuperAero by Propeller - @Mikonp7

Conversation
  • David: This one is quite different from everything we will see today. Its the SuperAero, by Propeller. Thoughts?

• Erick: Wow, its pretty bold without being too chamative. I think its perfect for the 90’s

• I1: Wow, that Rear fits the front pretty well, definitively a contender.

• Erick: That grilles between the blinkers are rad, as well as the whole car. A contender for me too.

Alfora Galvion by Avantii - @EnCR

Conversation
  • David: That is the Galvion, sent for us by Avantii. That front is quite minimalistic and do that in a beautiful way.

• Erick: I agree, that front is quite nice, it could have a big vent on that hood, but not a problem. I really dont understand that grey thing below the blinker, since it could be a real vent, but yeah, not a problem too.

• I1: Ok i think we have a epidemy here.

• David: Pass?

• I2: Please.

Alorfa Hinode GTF by Fercia - @MGR_99

Conversation
  • David: Man, gorgeous, thats why i have to say about that one, that thing is just a incredible machine. Its the Hinode GTF, made by Fercia

• I1: This definitively looks like a bigger brother of Hare, and way much insane, a good one to be our Halo one.

• Erick: Im excited for this rear view, show it fast please

• I2: Oh my man, a contender. This rear just has everything in place in a rad way.

• David: oh… dunno, its just too much sport-y, but ok, a contender. And that guys mispelled wrong the Alfora name, it came as Alorfa :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth: we had to fix it before the photos, but that car is simply incredible, not even a fault.

Alfora Invictus by Lavelle - @titleguy1

(The car reseted the morphs, so i will use titleguy photos here)

Conversation
  • David: This one is interesting, the Invictus, made by LaVelle. Its pretty different from anything, i like it.

• Erick: I dont like how the lines flow between the headlight and the blinker, but its a minor concern i think. we have to valuate it.

• I1: That rear is quite unique, its strange, but it has it beauty. I think its a contender.

• I2: For me is a contender too.

• David: Ok, a contender so.

Alfora Leopard by Atera - @HybridTronny

Conversation
  • David: this one is pretty japanese, and looks japanese in a good way. Its the Leopard, sent by Atera.

• I1: what a sleek front, rad.

• Erick: It would take the people’s attention with that front, definitively, nice and well made.

• Erick; HmMmMM that back dont follow the front, don’t know, i think it could be better, that amount of vents is just over the top, it could have other things, not only vents, and that reverse light should be horizontal, but, still a contender.

Alfora YX12 - @Sky-High

Conversation
  • David: Now, its the YX12.

• Erick: wow, its pretty rad even being blobby, that 2 scoops on the roof makes everything better, the front is simple, but it do the job in a good way.

• I1: Why there is a grille between the lights, again? If it was not that, would be a simple and nice thing, but ok, it doesnt make it less beautiful, a contender for me.

• I2: Agree.

Alfora-Bradford Speciale 15 - @yurimacs

Conversation
  • David: Holy. fuck. that one is rad. I think we have the chosen one

• Erick: We’re not in 79, wanting a 80’ halo car, David.

• DAVID: BUT LOOK AT THIS

• Erick: WE’RE NOT IN THE 80’s

• David: so wait to see the rear

• ERICK: WE HAVE THE CHOSEN ONE

• I1: WE’RE NOT IN THE 80’s

• Erick: BUT

• I2: NO!

Alfora GT860-4

Conversation
  • David: ok, that is the GT860, presented by ARN. Another simple front that works pretty well.

• Erick: Yeah, its truly well made, i think there should be a glass protecting the lamps, so its harder for it to broke.

• I1: The unproper rear disease attacks again, wtf is this taillight??? its too much square and everything, doesnt make any sense

• Erick: Pass

Alfora-Moreno Viento Roadster - @CC9020

Conversation
  • David: Guys, this is the Viento.

• Erick: HmMMm that headlight is quite big and i think its too square-y, but not a big problem. The front itself is well made. Let’s see the rear.

• I1: Wow, this rear is art.

• I2: this reverse light looks like a wart.

• Erick: Oh common, its not a big problem too, that taillight is just rad. Its pretty amazing and we could fit the reverse light there. There is some things over the top in the bottom part of the rear, but nothing as big, i love it.

• David: me too, a pretty good contender.

Alfora Nimbus Concept - @thecarlover

Conversation
  • David: Holy. God.

• Erick: What???

• David: Just give me a sec.

• Erick: Why??

• David: See that goddamn thing. Its just Perfect.

• (actually the front photo should be here, not on the top, but well, it was too beautiful to broke the chain)

• I1: Wow.

• David: it has all the curves needed for our 90’, even on a quite square body, that front resembles the V12 Turbo, that had a pretty good front. the car seems thought bit by bit with love, and italianism. That mirrors all over the roof is pretty conceptual too, everything in that car just fits.

• I1: wait, we need to know if the rear epidemy dont had catch the studio that made that one, that i dont even know the name

• David: Oh, and its called Nimbus.

• Erick: A contender?

• I2: A contender.

• David: Okay, this was the last car. So, let’s take a break, eat something and get back here to decide what one we will choose? We need to decide it the fastest possible.

And so, everyone went for a break.
2 hours later, they reunited again and after 4 hours of conversation about technical things and the design, they had come to a consense:

Nimbus is definitively what Alfora want to look like in the 90’s, it is modern, but still carries a heritage. All that curves show love in the design, and, even being subtle, its still bold and aggresive(in a good way). The technical part of it is exactly the same. Using Pop-ups was not obligatory here, but would help a lot, since almost every 1990 Alfora Car has one. The fault of SuperAero was being conservative, a thing that Nimbus dont suffer from. And if the Hinode was less sport-y, it could be the first, and it looks a bit overdated too. Viento sins for his conservatism, specifically on the front fascia.

@thecarlover - 1º
@Mikonp7 - 2º
@MGR_99 - 3º
@CC9020 - 4º
@titleguy1 - 5º
@HybridTronny - 6º
@Sky-High - 7º

So uhhhh, right now im pretty tired and really need to sleep, if there is any doubt or complaint about the judging, leave it here or on my PM.
19 Likes

Oh wow, glad you chose the Nimbus among that solid list of contenders.

I’ve got something in mind for the next round; if all goes well I’ll have it up this evening.

8 Likes

CSC 28 - Rebirth of the Griffin

In a secret boardroom somewhere in Northern Europe, several investors are gathered around a large table. Today is a special day. Today is the day Saab is being truly revived. The details of “how” and “why” are not important, what is important is that this new Saab will need an entirely new car to come back on the market. Seeing as the group is all investors, they need to outsource the design and engineering before they can build up the company enough to have this work done in-house.

Your task is to design a new Saab model to get the company back on its feet.

This can either be a new generation of a previously existing model, or something completely new.

Design

This car will be unveiled in 2020 for production by 2022, so design it accordingly. Also important is that it’s obvious from a look that it’s a Saab, so this means the three part grille must be included. Any other visual cues to have it recognised as a Saab will be appreciated. As far as the body style goes, there’s no restriction other than this should be a model that will appeal to the masses to have the new company start strong. Niche models can come later.

Take a look at the inspirational photos below to get some idea of what a Saab looks like.

Engineering

Also important is the engineering. Saab is known for generally smaller and often turbocharged engine. The company built generally smaller and rather premium cars. This is what these investors are expecting. Study the construction of Saab’s last production models if you have no idea because those are a good starting point. It would also be embarrassing for a Swedish brand to have cars that can’t handle winter, so keep that in consideration as well.

Rules

• Typical naming scheme (Model: CSC28 - [your name], Trim: Saab [name and (if relevant) designer], Family: CSC28 - [your name], Variant: [whatever you want])

• At least one photo of the car needs to be posted before the deadline

• 2020 for model/trim/family/variant - this is an all new car

• Must have a transverse engine, can be FWD or AWD

• 95 RON fuel and no more than 6 cylinders, turbo is preferred but not necessary

• Most importantly, be realistic. This is not a spreadsheet challenge and stats aren’t a huge concern (they will be considered to some extent), I just want to see some nice reasonable cars and I will look at the design/engineering as a complete package.

Deadline

The round opens right away and you have until Sunday March 1st at 5 PM EST to submit your car.

Feel free to ask if you have any questions or concerns for me to address.

17 Likes

Edit: Clarified the sort of model I want for this. It can either be a new gen of an already existing Saab model, or it can be a whole new model. I don’t have a preference for either as long as it fits the brief.

After checking Saab’s models,I’ve found 1 of their concept model “Saab Phoenix” which has a sportier approach.Is it allowed to base my entry on a concept car or a 4 seats sports car similar to Audi TT?

3 Likes

Katsuro Design Studios Presents The ALL NEW SAAB 20-X

P.S. Thanks to @thecarlover for this challenge. I really learnt a lot designing this.
Edit: .car file if anyone wants it.CSC28-FitRS-_SAAB_20-X_Katsuro_Designs.car (32.3 KB)

I’ll help you with this a bit.
I asked Steph the same question in discord. In short, they’re looking for a mass production car that is suitable for every buyer. Anything that’s not a 4 door sedan, or a wagon or some kind of combi isn’t technically a mass production car.

How about an suv, these being all the rage these days?

Crossovers are indeed quite popular right now, so it wouldn’t be a bad idea. I just personally don’t like them very much.

In other words, aim for a high volume market, not low volume.

And for the SUV question, the 9-7x did exist (with criticism from being a blatant GM rebadge), and the 9-4x in the examples is a crossover that briefly existed before the death of the company.

words to live by

guess i’ll just chance it then :smiley:

1 Like

the Aero CX

2 Likes

SAAB VIGGEN

A compact premium car to reinvent Saab.

Models on offer:
Sedan
SportCombi Wagon
Griffin Sport (GS) Coupe

Model Actually Submitted: Viggen Sedan