The Crowd Sourcing Competition [Round 49]

2019 Tristella Ankaa Concept by LaVelle Studios

I couldn't get the FUCKING SPIKES OUT IN PHOTO MODE i gave up after 45 minutes

15 Likes

Just a quick note

Just for fair judging, if I export your car and there’s spikes in the fixtures, I won’t mention it in the judging.

4 Likes

Spander Design and Kaizen Corp. Rapace concept

from @Maxbombe and @66mazda

Kaizen Corporation and Spander Design are proud to present their collaborative design for Automobili Tristella: the Rapace Concept, a full electric SUV designed to withstand time and technology by being ahead of its time!

More pictures

11 Likes

Piedmont Collaberative Design Center present the 2019 Tristella Piuma concept.

This is my first CSC entry, and first competition entry on the forums. Hopefully I formatted that correctly. This is an electric SUV concept, capable of seating 5.

I am a new user to the forum so I am only allowed to embed one image. here’s a link to the imgur gallery https://imgur.com/a/MVrWA9k

4 Likes

Aight it go like this -
Boom, Bam, Bop. Badu bap bom, pow.

Tristella Gruccione by Zephorus

A small but powerful engine, coupled to powerful electric motors.

More

kekw im fucked

8 Likes

Tristella Gufo Concept by Carozzeria Ogna
Compact sedan, well suited as a Tristella owner’s second or third car for emission-sensitive congested intercity driving. Front badge holds charging port, functional frunk. Production partnership with original client possible.

More

Yeah I’m aware it’s not all that competitive, no time for new car, I’m just here for the roast

Tristella Parrocchetto designed by Velocità

I basically made a chonky Celestiale, added some triangles and gave it a cool name

0-60 in just 6 seconds, a big hole in the front, a 274hp inline 5, and b i g g t i r e s, what more could you ask for in a Sports SUV that seats 5? totally not a backup Velocità in case this flops

.car file

.car file
Tristella_Collab_-_Parrocchetto.car (138.1 KB)

GL everyone

5 Likes

12 Hours Remain!

I received entries from:
@george_m997
@Mikonp7
@titleguy1
@Maxbombe and @66mazda
@Sky-High
@Ludvig

@MagikarpDrowned please send me your car on discord if you can’t send it here
@VaporScape Please PM me your car
@TheLapTopX20 I have not received your car

6 Likes

'19 Tristella Coturnix by RetroniX

late to the party but here we go

9 Likes

Submissions Closed

A few hours ago

New benchmark with style.
10 Likes

So a bit of bad news:

Something urgent for my work happened this past weekend and I’m dealing with the aftermath which is taking up a lot of my time right now. Meaning I don’t have time to write the reviews at this moment, so they will be delayed for a bit.

7 Likes

Reviews

Apologies for the delays once again, work got real busy just the week I happen to judge. So these reviews may also feel slightly rushed due to the time constraints I’m now working with, as I rather get them done than to further delay it.

The Bins

Lost in the mail: (Did not follow naming convention)
@MagikarpDrowned

Tristella Piuma concept

(Comments: It was a nice clean modern design, but also unfortunately was missing a design element and also would not have enough impact even if it weren’t binned.)

@TheLapTopX20

Tristella Grande Gufo Concept

(Comments: Just putting elements I had in the list on a wagon doesn’t mean it’d pass for a Tristella, even if it wasn’t binned. Heck I would bin you for submitting a wagon, even if it was an electric one. Let’s be real, they don’t sell.)

@VaporScape

Tristella Parrocchetto

(Comments: Its… quite clearly a rebadged lifted sedan. I’m not trying to follow the path that Lancia went okay. So would have been a no even if it wasn’t binned)

The Reviews

@Sky-High

Tristella Gruccione

(I’m using your pictures, I literally couldn’t get your car to not tear in my game)
Impressions:

At first glance, the Gruccione looks to be what we would like from a Tristella SUV: Its bold, aggressive and hits all the right design elements. The light designs that are especially well done on this, with the inner headlight bits just add a nice touch overall and the taillights is a nice approach of fitting the Tristella design to a taller body. The downsides to this design however, is with just a few odd choices both done and not done. First one is the side front fender vent that goes nowhere. Yes it fits as a shape, but it just looks silly once you realize doors don’t need cooling. Second is the lack of B or C pillars after the clear glass treatment, it just looks incomplete. (Honestly I think this would have been stronger without the interior treatment personally, but I’m very particular about how interiors are done.)

@Maxbombe and @66mazda

Spander Design and Kaizen Corp. Rapace concept

Impressions:

This is one of those designs that took a bit of time to settle in. It both hits the right spots as a Tristella electric SUV, but also makes you think “wow that is a big Tristella”. It does a good job of combining the aggressive design cues with the clean look electric cars have, with it being easily identifiable on it being both a Tristella and it being electric.The interior, with that color scheme, is nicely done and fits well with the electric theme. However, the rear end really looks bare, with the license plate being just… there. Also the front badge is massive.

@yurimacs

Tristella Coturnix by RetroniX

Impressions:

This is definitely an interesting body shape to use but it actually works quite well. However, as per the brief, this is definitely not a SUV and doesn’t particularly look to be an electric design, aside from the lack of exhausts as the identifying feature. Another issue is that while the lights are very much a good Tristella style design, the front fascia and rear bumper are too much of a departure, with the holes in the rear bumper being a rather questionable design choice. The grille in particular, while working for the design overall, simply lacks a connection to other Tristella designs.

@titleguy1

Tristella Ankaa Concept by LaVelle Studios

(I’m using your pictures, somehow photomode decide to not load some of your fixtures)
Impressions:

Now this definitely hits the mark for what a Tristella SUV would be like. While big, it keeps a rather sporty, sleek profile. The front fascia with its admittedly huge grille has an aggressive design that fits well with the rest of the lineup, with the lights flowing back nicely. The way the windows are raked forward as well makes the SUV look much lower than it actually is. The rear end is also nicely filled without being too busy, even with the taillights being so thin on such a thick rear end. Overall a very nice design.

@george_m997

Tristella Lagopus XS Concept by GMD

Impressions:

I won’t lie, this looks too low end for the markets that Tristella targets. Also electric or not, even with the required design cues, the car does not look like it fits with the brand, looking more like a SUV from another mid-end luxury brand rather than one from a sports-luxury marque. More aggression in the design is definitely needed.

@vouge

Tristella Palila

Impressions:

Its a good looking car, but here’s the problem I have with it: Take away the badges, and nothing on it even hints at you that you’re looking at a Tristella. There’s not much more I can go into for this since its undeniably a solid design, just not the design I’m looking for.

@Mikonp7

Tristella Nightjar by Propeller

Impressions:

Initial look around for the Nightjar is a good impression. It certainly hits the mark for the brief, with a distinctive electric look and undeniably Tristella design. The details are also all there, with a clean take on the Tristella light design. There is also good flow from front to back with how the vents are placed, though one complaint I would have is how blocky a few of the elements are, particularly with the hood and rear bumper. Curvier or sharper elements would definitely be preferred.

@Ludvig

Tristella Gufo Concept by Carozzeria Ogna

Impressions:

I’ll start with the good, the taillights are pretty nice, and definitely work well. However the rest of the car looks way too cheap for a Tristella and lacks the sharpness or feel of prestige that the brand has. That and the huge badges.

Results

I would have done a finals, but the finals would have either been one car due to my lack of complaints on the design overall or half the entries. And that wouldn’t be a ‘finals’ really if half the entries get in.

The winner is: @titleguy1

The Ankaa definitely hit the right marks for what I had in mind for this CSC: an excellent merger of Tristella styling onto a different style of vehicle than the rest of its lineup. Even with all the issues that the body had.

Rest top 5:
2. @Mikonp7
3. @Maxbombe and @66mazda
4. @Sky-High
5. @yurimacs

16 Likes

thanks for hosting xepy! I will let you know if I have a round ready by tomorrow

6 Likes

Hey, sorry to bring bad news but I won’t have enough time to create a challenge since I’ve got a lot of work ahead of me this week. I’m passing the torch onto @Mikonp7.

4 Likes

I dont really have an idea for now and i aint gonna do another Eurotuner yet
Sooooo
@Maxbombe / @66mazda

3 Likes

Holy shit maybe this is an opportunity for a project I’m working on in college?

3 Likes

Well me and Max have got critical parts down. I’ll run this to my TA this week

3 Likes

Expect the next update to come within 8 days

2 Likes

@Maxbombe and @66mazda proudly present the following competition to this distinguished community:

CSC37: American Comeback

Kaizen-Kurokama

Shinka Alliance

Kaizen%20logo%20for%20ad%20japanese

TLDR: Your job is to create an executive class sedan that will be badged as a Kurokama and sold in the US.

2020: Toyota City, Japan
Kaizen Corporation world headquarters

Background

It is undeniable that the current COVID-19 pandemic has caused some unusual events.
With how hard it hit the automobile industry, it accelerated the ongoing trend of mergers and buyouts, as automakers sought to reduce costs in an era of financial recessions and increasingly stringent regulations.

One of the mergers that rose from this situation was Shinka Alliance, a merger of two Japanese giants known for their innovative mindset, Kaizen and Kurokama. Where Kaizen prefers performance and luxury, Kurokama has dependability and efficiency on its side. This also very much defines where their cars sell well.

Kaizen is a big name in the US, where their performance, prestige, and aggressive style mirror values of the American dream. However, these very same values reduce their effective presence in European and Asian markets (with the exception of Japan, Korea), where they are often seen as too inefficient. Since 2008, in these areas, Kaizens are mainly obtained through special order, the only cars they officially sell there in a dealer network are of their subsidiaries, RCN and Eon.

On the other hand, EU and Asia is where Kurokama thrives, often viewed as the perfect combination of performance and dependability. Their SNB-sourced engines push the limits of petrol engines, hitting efficiency figures that rival diesels while still having respectable performance. However, this makes the brand uncompetitive in the US, as by the standards of Americans, their performance is lackluster and the manual transmissions makes them hard to drive. Since 2006, only two models have been offered there.

This merger, however, was not a sudden decision, but a culmination of decades of cooperation and the common dream of progress. It seeks to address the drawbacks and bolster strengths of both companies, especially regarding various international markets.

Thus, one of the main goals of this merger is to return Kurokama to the US market.
It was determined that a flagship model would greatly assist in garnering interest for the foreign brand along with its more affordable sedans and crossovers. This flagship name would revive the vaunted “Sora” name in the form of an executive class sedan.

Your job is to create a compelling, premium/upmarket, and modern design that incorporates Kurokama and Kaizen cues.

___________________________________________________________________________________
Design cues to take in mind

The refreshed 2020 Kurokama SC

With some outside help.

Various 2020 Kaizen models

Some of them with help from @Reizei

Kurokama

Kurokama cars are mostly defined by their flowing and dynamic lines, often guided by aerodynamics of the car (often resulting in a rather round front).

They also display extensive use of piano black plastic in their design, so that is another thing to keep in mind. It often supports the design by drawing out the dynamic shaping.

For reasons stated earlier, Kurokamas also stray from fake vents and grilles, and while we are at it, also from fake exhausts.

The only time you will find a sealed vent on a Kurokama is when it is not sealed on the performance version.

Another, and almost the most important thing to keep in mind is how their DRL are shaped, and how their
headlights are defined. Kurokama has the signature Bracket DRL design, also often called “Sharpeye”.

Another signature for Kurokama headlights is the round projector for low beams. That must always be present.

Kaizen
Excerpt from an english project that describes the styling cues

Like most cars, the front forms a “face,” a critical part of its identity. The headlights are shaped to resemble a fist, the outlines of the DRLs or projector shape resembling individual knuckles.
All these styling cues should combine to create not only the impression of both a fist punching through
the air and a slightly angry face, but also lends an aggressive, understated, and refined style.
Giving an impression of effortless speed, they highlight the upscale car’s sportiness and
practicality, which are backed up by the drivetrain and interior options. The car looks like it
could push others out of its way, asserting its (and its owner’s) dominance on a crowded road.

AVCM writeup

The design language is commonly referred to as the “fist,” meant to resemble a knuckle/fist flying through the air, conveying a sense of punching the air around it in a show of raw power, effortless speed, and sheer performance, pushing the energy from the rear to the front. In this case, the rear (especially the lights) takes inspiration from the tense tendons on the base of the palms that “rise up” as one rolls a fist and punches. pushing energy to the front.
A reference can also be made to tensed up muscles of a punch. The top curve formed by the side vent sacrifices harmonious front to rear flow, opting to mimic the side profile of a tensed up muscle. One should note how it seems that people depict active muscles are not relaxed, flowy (in a single direction) figurines, but rather a series of contrasting curves and lines that combine to form a sense of tension and potential energy. This also has the effect of visually transferring energy from the rear to the front, reinforced by the door crease along the top that seems to transfer energy, and the bottom body molding that seems to tilt the car forward.

On the other hand, Kaizen design is one of tenseful, aggressive style. Their cars often feel like there is a beast inside ready to be unleashed.

However, by any means, they avoid being a cacophony of varying styles.

The general design of a Kaizen should resemble a fist punching through the air, especially in the frontal and side area. This look is enhanced by a crease that runs from side to the upper edge of the taillights.

Kaizen, much like Kurokama, is also not a fan of fakery, and thus also does not use fake exhausts. In the same note, they are also all for dynamic looking and aerodynamically practical vents and creases. A flat surface is often seen as undesirable.

Your main challenge would be to try to combine these sometimes contradictory elements.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Basic requirements

• Model/trim years set to 2020 (it will technically be a 2025 model)

However, if you submit it before the deadline, and get the year wrong, then I will give you as many attempts as needed for you to meet the year regulations.

• 4 door sedan liftback/fastback body style (this also means two rows of seats)

Please don’t submit a wagon. VERTICAL TAILGATES/TRUNKS ARE BANNED IF YOU SUBMIT A HATCHBACK. If you submit a hatchback your car will receive additional visual scrutiny.

• Wheelbase: 2.8 to 3.0m (normal rounding rules apply)

• Front engine, rear wheel drive

• It should be closer to a production car than a concept.

• The entry must include the Kurokama badge

Now, we must do some housekeeping.

Special Rules

• Planned start of submissions
    Tuesday, November 3, 2020
    12:00 am
    Time zone: EST

• Planned end of submissions
    Sunday, December 13, 2020
    11:59 pm
    Time zone: EST

• Submission messages regulations
    PLEASE SUBMIT TO BOTH ME AND MAXBOMBE (ADD BOTH OF US AS RECIPIENTS OF THE SAME MESSAGE). ONLY DISCOURSE IS ACCEPTED (NO DISCORD)
    AFTER I CONFIRM THAT I RECEIVED THE SUBMISSION/CHANGES, DO NOT EDIT ANY EXISTING MESSAGES, DO THE FILE SWAP TRICK, OR MAKE MORE THAN ONE SUBMISSION MESSAGE. IF YOU NEED TO MAKE CHANGES, REPLY TO YOUR EXISTING SUBMISSION MESSAGE AND WAIT FOR CONFIRMATION. THIS WILL APPLY TO ALL REGULATIONS BELOW

• Naming convention
    Car model/engine family: CSC37 - (discourse username)

NOTE: Please check that your username is written correctly, submitting a car with an untaggable username will render such submission invalid.
However, if you submit it before the deadline, and get the name wrong, then I will give you as many attempts as needed for you to meet the naming regulations.
(Ask this question: if you copied your username from the .car in game name, and pasted it in discourse with the @ function, would discourse suggest your name and your name only?)

Car trim: Your car name
Engine variant: Engine name

• Interior design (optional)
    When you submit your car file, you may specify the interior of “any” car you wish to emulate. This can be done by simply sending an image of the interior.
    The interior specifications should be on the same message chain as the .car file submission (eg. you can send the interior as a response to your .car file submission if I confirmed your submission without interior specs, or include interior specs with your .car file message if you plan to send them both at the same time). Realism rules will not apply here, this is purely design based.

• Forum post
    You must post at minimum a picture of your car and the car name. Ads and photoshops will be much loved.
    IF THERE IS NO ACCEPTABLE POST IN THIS FORUM FROM THE CREATOR, THEN THEY WILL GET DISQUALIFIED

• Other notes
    Everything not specified in this rulebook is fair game. However we reserve the right to change rules at any time, with clear notifications on this forum.
    When submissions start, changes will be minimized.
    We will notify and try to help you to the best of our ability if any rules are broken before the submission due date. Do not hesitate to ask questions.
    If there is a technical issue right before the deadline, then due date extensions (grace periods) can be negotiated.

You know what, just get it right the first time… We would appreciate that so much.

Enjoy!

Old version for archive purposes

Founded in 1937 as the firearms division of Toyota Automatic Loom Works and spun off in 1945, Kaizen Corporation has shamelessly leveraged their precise and skillful gunsmithing experience to develop and produce some of Japan’s most luxurious, engaging, and relentless automobiles. From pioneering the super-sedan, adopting almost every major innovative technology, having a heavy presence in motorsports, planning for trends and regulations 10 years ahead, or simply offering (relatively) affordable Japanese luxury, the manufacturer seeks to define their namesake: continuous improvement. On the world stage, it competes with highly prestigious brands such as Mercedes-Benz and BMW, while its other brands, RCN and Eon, take care of more mainstream competition.

Founded by Toichi Kurokama in 1954, Kurokama primarily focused on small, cheap utility cars that were in demand in post-WWII Japan, before focusing on more mainstream models in 1959. After a dark period from 1965 when the founder was killed in an automobile accident, a small racing garage known as ‘SNB Japan’ signed a contract on making engines for their cars, mainly due to SNB using Kurokama cars to race. Due to its outright success, this partnership still goes on today, to the point where Kurokama today owns SNB. Well known for highly economical yet fun to drive and safe cars, along with well-regarded turbocharged engines and anticipating and taking advantage of the current crossover craze, Kurokama actively cultivates a “lifestyle” image, its cars appealing to a wide range of consumers.

As the Covid-19 pandemic hit the auto industry hard, it accelerated the ongoing trend of mergers and buyouts, as automakers sought to reduce costs in an era of financial recessions and increasingly stringent regulations. This created some unusual bedfellows.

Perhaps Kaizen’s strongest market is in the United States, where it is regarded as a highly prestigious, sporty, and luxurious brand, much like BMW. Being perhaps the first Japanese luxury car brand to make inroads in the US, its soaring reputation is very much ingrained in the American mindset. However, it does not have much presence in Europe, often being overshadowed by the German brands, the cars often seen as too inefficient and not prestigious enough. Kaizen would withdraw completely from the European market in 2008, selling only RCN and Eon models. However, the brand is gaining popularity in China and other countries in Asia, due to then newly acquired brand, Eon, that focuses on budget and electric cars, along with the general prestige of the brand.

On the other hand, Kurokama is one of the few successful Japanese brands in the European Union, hitting the perfect combination of economy and performance. Kurokamas consistently push the limits of petrol engines, hitting efficiency numbers that rival diesels, while providing performance when needed. This would make the brand particularly uncompetitive in the USDM market, where despite being comfortable, they are often seen as underpowered and difficult to drive, due to their dedication to the manual transmission. Kurokama would nearly withdraw from the US in 2006, selling only 2 models afterwards.

Thus, this pairing would not be one of those sudden relationships, instead being the culmination of decades of cooperation that addressed drawbacks and bolstered strengths, opening up new markets and enabling the proliferation of new technology.

One of the main goals of this merger is to enable Kurokama to “return” to the US market. It was determined that a “flagship” model would greatly assist in garnering interest for the “foreign” brand along with its more affordable sedans and crossovers. This flagship name would revive the vaunted “Sora” name in the form of an executive class sedan (E-segment).

10 Likes