The Crowd Sourcing Competition [Round 49]

The Happening

2020 - Denver Design Studio, US

A beautiful day at Denver’s in-house design studio where they made and design all of Denver’s line-up since the day the Denver was established . But today’s the special day because it’s the day where the big bald guys from the main headquarter are judging the utes design from the outsiders.

Inside the building, the CEO of Denver alongside of the his assistant and some designers were standing in the outdated 80’s design room and couldn’t be bothered to renovate it due to “budget limitation” coughHeadquartercough but anyways, they received 7 entries from various design studio from around the world.

@kookie - Denver Crossroad T-Rex by EMAS Design

First in the entry and it’s a design proposal from EMAS Design which assumed they’re from South East Asia especially Malaysia or Indonesia or Singapore.

Firstly, it looked pretty nice and blends in nicely with other Denver’s line-up especially Denver Kingsman, the sedan that they ran all the way from the 40’s. Other than that, with the engine that they planned for the new gen which is 6.3L V8, it does look like it belongs in this car.

Bald guys approved.

@Mikonp7 - Denver Crossroad T-REX by Propeller

Possibly the smallest car in the entry list but that doesn’t mean it’s a bad thing. The first thing that they noticed is the front splitter. It doesn’t fit with the car’s aesthetic and it belongs on a supercar, in their opinion. The molding under the lights is really noticeable and looks badly put on.

The car’s overall look pretty outdated for 2020’s standard and it looks rather German as they claimed. Maybe it’s useful for Steurmann? They do like the flakey silver colour and the rims that they choosed, though.

Bald guys not approved.

@mart1n2005 - Denver Crossroad T-Rex

Colour wise, really inspired by that one particular company from Britain, eh? The bald guys really like the colour combination, it stands out from other entries that they received. Beautiful colours but the design lacks.

It tries to be sporty yet wanted to be civilian and that’s what they’re not looking for. If it wants to be a normal ute, sure they can accept it but it looks tame and not so aggressive especially the rims size, it’s too small and the two-tone colour looks off here. But hey, atleast the colour will be used for future Denver’s line-up.

Bald guys not approved.

@randomtuner - The Denver Crossroad T-Rex By Lünnerden

The first impression of the big bald guys? Not impressed. Why? Because the car looks like it belongs in the 2010’s not in 2020’s.

The not-so fitting rims that doesn’t fit in well with the car, the side-vent does look pretty neat but it probably looked better on a high-end car rather than on a performance ute. The weirdly placed indicated next to the headlights and grille is really out of place and the bottom grille’s pattern looks out of place too.

Bald guys not approved.

@titleguy1 - 2020 Denver Crossroad T-Rex by LaVelle Studios

Ah, LaVelle Studios. Known for designing beautiful cars like 2009 Quaglia GT450, 2025 Spander SP Concept and others creations.

On to the car, although it looked nothing to other Denver’s line-up, they managed to keep Denver’s design language that they mentioned in the files. They loved the grille pattern, really making it look premium while retaining that sporty look. One thing that they nitpicking is the headlights is a bit too small but other than that, they liked it.

Bald guys approved.

@Urke101 2020 Denver Crossroad T-Rex by Recanna Studios

Next up, the same car- i mean facelifted model of Crossroad by Recanna Studios. Bald guy 1 really keen on this model as they can just save their money and just update their current model while bald guy 2 is not amazed as he was not impressed with the design.

The studio gave it a lower front fascia and new rear end which both of the guy liked it, it looks really well done and pretty sporty looking. As for the front? it still suffers the same problem from the old model though which is it looks flat, that’s what making them putting off from this proposal.

After a few minutes of discussion, they decided to agree to put it on the list as they can save more money and research on updating their existing model.

Bald guys approved.

@EnCR - 2020 Denver Crossroad T-Rex by AVT Designs

Another great looker proposal. They already like the front end of the proposal albeit the grille pattern and design are a bit too weird for them. The side skirt does not belong on an ute as they look out of place here and the side vents looks like it was tacked on, not flowing well with the rest of the design.

Overall, the car looks pretty good albeit the rear-end look kinda outdated.

Bald guys approved.

All entries were reviewed by the bald guys and they headed to the meeting room where they discussed which car is the winner.

Hours and some discussion and arguments passed by, they have finally find the perfect candidate…

Pole Position

Congrats to @kookie for winning the round! It looked pretty nice and fits in nicely with other Denver’s line-up! Sorry for the short and rushed review, real life stuff happened. As for the others…

2nd - @titleguy1
3rd - @EnCR
4th - @Urke101
5th - @Mikonp7
6th - @mart1n2005
7th - @randomtuner

14 Likes

congrats to kookie for winning this round!

1 Like

yay :smiley:

even though this is a big opportunity for me and I’m excited to have won, unfortunately I will have to pass it down as f2f classes are starting again soon…

thank you to Tronny for hosting this great round and uhhh on to whoever’s next… @titleguy1?

4 Likes

I will gladly… pass the opportunity on to @EnCR to host!

I will come up with something in… few hours.

4 Likes
Crowd Sourcing Competition Round 40
Beginning of the new era
- The year 1964 saw the coming of the new "Pony car", The Avantii motor company has no lineup to compete against and the company's design team is busy with other important matters. The CEO, Melford Sanferry decided that he would commission out several designer/ design studio to design the new lineup that could outshines the new "pony car".
-

Guidelines
Model Year: 1966
Body style: Coupe
Seating configuration: 2 bucket seats front and bench seat in the rear or 2+2
Wheel base: 2.8 meters or shorter.
You're designing a car to compete againts the new class pony car so the design should look sporty and nimble. Don't go too crazy with the design, the car is to be price at affordable level but also don't go too simple with the design. The uniqueness also is important.
-
Naming scheme
Model: CSC 40 - *Forum username* Trim:*Name of the design* Engine: CSC 40 -*Forum username* Engine trim: *name of the engine*
Open submission on 28th Feburary. Deadline is 6th March.
Avantii cars

Reference

6 Likes

Woah, that’s a bit hard to read :laughing:

8 Likes

Submission Open now.

1 Like

The Mons designed Avantii Raider 66

3 Likes

Avantii Albany by Denver Studios

8 Likes

Are we being judged solely on exterior design?

Zephorus Warrior

Insert pony catagory meme here

Haha custom roof and rear pain

9 Likes

Yes, nothing else.

Update: extended the deadline from 6th March to 8th March because I've not receive enough entries.

Avanti Rapier by HDS

3 Likes

Avantii Thunder by Propeller

5 Likes

The 1966 Bracket bodied Avantti Conet

2 Likes

Avantii Demonio

No I’m not proud of making a pony car out of a Capri

Variant Shown is the 327CI V8

1 Like

OT, but I had that pattern in the ceiling in the bedroom (!) when I moved into my house. It was hard to sleep, too!

LMJ design Avantii concept

(In 1966 protective covers over the headlights was not yet banned in the US, and there is sealed beams behind them.)

2 Likes