The Crowd Sourcing Competition [Round 49]

Wow! A great round and some good looking cars. Congrats to everyone.

I’m pretty sure I won’t be able to host, so I’ll pass downt to @Mikonp7

Thanks for hosting @EnCR

3 Likes

Didn’t do too bad. Pleased with that!

(Me) <-----------------(Moon)------> (None Shitposty ideas for CSC)

Have fun @HybridTronny

I’ve got general theme for the next CSC round so yeah, i’m up for it

3 Likes

Hey guys I’m new to this new challenge thing, and I can’t wait for the next competition.

CSC41 : Malaysian "Supercar"

Malaysia is known for their culture, food and their beautiful beaches but they also known to have their own car company named Pikemen Holdings Berhad that was established in 1983 and was in collaboration with Atera Automotives from Japan to produce their first Malaysian car. The result of the collaboration was the Pikemen Seguir, which launched in 1985 and their first sports car in 1987 which is called Pikemen Merdeka, celebrating 30 years of Independence Day.

Skipping all the way to 2017, they are interested to make new sports car for 2019 market as young buyers that are looking for sporty cars are on the verge to buy one. So, why not local’s favourite car company make their own sports car again? Pikemen Merdeka was off the market since 2012 and people were demanding for Pikemen Merdeka to be revived or to do a comeback under different name again.

But this time, Pikemen asked other manufacturers or studio to make a sports car for their line-up and it’s up to them to impress the big boss of Malaysia.

Design

The car that you are creating will be unveiled to the public at Malaysia Auto Show 2018 and will go in full production in 2019. Any design cues from other Pikemen are highly encouraged.

Pikemen Line up

Pikemen logo

Previous gens of Pikemen Merdeka

Real Life Examples

Engineering

Pikemen is giving you a freedom to do the engineering as they do not want to use their own engine and suspension and instead using other engine and suspension from your company or studio. Also, keep in mind that Malaysia has engine size tax which can be found here. (Please ignore the East Malaysia engine size tax, focus on the West side)

Rules

• Model/Trim years must be 2019
  • No body requirements but no supercar / hypercar body the title of this round is an inside joke, fyi
  • Can be either longitudinal or transverse layout, no requirements on engine placement too
  • 95 RON fuel and no more than 6 cylinders.
  • Stats aren’t important but the choices that you make in engineering phase must be realistic, same goes to design phase.
  • Name of the car is up to you, can be either a successor to Merdeka or entirely new sports car.

Naming Convention

Model: CSC 41 - [Your Name]
Trim: Anything
Engine: CSC 41 - [Your Name]
Variant: Anything

Deadline

You can send your entry starting now!

Countdown

14 Likes

2019 Pikemen X_cite RS

All-in one package stuff in a small crossover, now badder and bolder!

11 Likes

2020 Pikemen Bhavi
A Crossover designed for everyday life, and to take you on any journey possible. The future is yours.

1 Like

Pikeman Merdeka III by Mons Customs

The little car that could.

9 Likes

2019 Pikemen Asri

The only modern 2+2 available for a price the average Malay can afford, this stunning driver's car boasts a naturally aspirated 2.9l inline five good for 160hp, RWD and a sweet six speed manual.

2 Likes
2019 Pikemen Tetikus R by AMB group

11 Likes

Zephorus Espion
No not the 50’s one

2.0L I4 Turbocharged to 265hp

15 Likes

Pikemen Merdeka Coupe, 111 Design

14 Likes

Pikeman Merdeka RS by Octane

This two seater comes in coupe or roadster configuration with a 6-speed manual RWD

Get 213hp with this highly reliable three cylinders SuperEco engine and make sure you put your daily costs toward your budget and not on this car. It comes also at a price everyone will enjoy.

Small. Fast. Elegant.
Merdeka.

Gallery

4 Likes

Pikemen Roadster by Decarlis Design

3 Likes

Pikemen Merdeka '19 by Python Motors

20 Likes

2019 Pikemen Merdeka by Sakai

Gallery

also, tronny, a part of your car name means “shit” in french

13 Likes

Pikeman Merdeka by Propeller

10 Likes

2019 Pikeman Merdeka by LaVelle Studios

Utilizes an altered version of the 1.6 liter (1582cc) turbocharged inline-4 from Kimura’s lineup.

20 Likes
2019 Pikemen Limau RS - by Taimania Design Studio
zooming with a 2.0L Turbo I4 from the brand new 2020 Mika R

Photos

13 Likes