The Douche Meter, Automation Edition

Here is Bogliq Automotive’s build thread…

Bogliq Automotive Engineering

Plus you’ll find my entries on most active competitions, lol

Based on the formula for Douche-ness, I’d say that Bogliq is a solid 7 or 8 out of 10. Why? Because I build my cars with the tuning market in mind. All my cars are inspired by Japan and I build in the sense that these cars will be cheap in the second-hand market and thus easily accessed by modders. Bogliq doesn’t have the same sense of success as Toyota or Nissan (unfortunately for me, lol) so may lose points for being un-desireable.

I would consider Bogliq like Hyundai; decent stats in isolation but, when given a choice, everyone picks a Znopresk!

@Awildgermanappears LaVache would be a 6/10 overall; “Drifters” will raise this score, 4/10 otherwise.
@titleguy1 Rennen I’d give a 4/10 as it’s less “Teutonic” than it’s rivals.
@rcracer11m Mott Works Automotive is too old to rate, you need cars from the 70’s onwards to be in the running!
@koolkei I’d not give the Phyton over 2/10. Why? Because it’s very conservative looking without any hint of “sportiness”
@BobLoblaw The muscle car is a definite 10/10; the wing man! OMG look at it! :stuck_out_tongue: The truck’s worth a 1/10 until Automation DLC’s Diesel!
@findRED19 I think you rate your car too highly, 4/10 from me, unless you build a “VTEC Yo!” variant, then you’re closer to the mark.
@DeusExMackia Erin comes across as friendly so I’d say your whole line-up’d be worth a 3/10 and performance variants would rate a 7/10 from me.
@strop Gryphon Gear gets a solid 11/10 from me as the buyers of GG’s products will be the douchiest of the lot! I cannot agree with @DeusExMackia’s opinion; anyone who has to hire a driver for his ultra-limited supercar is 100% Douche-bag!!!
@Madrias Storm Automotive isn’t very douchey at all: 3/10 from me (some of them are worth 7/10, the muscle-cars mainly)
@Zabhawkin Off-roaders aren’t very douchey: 3/10 until Diesel DLC!

Looking back, I suppose the Orela scores lower than I expected… But then again, I haven’t told the whole story.

If anyone has caught on yet, I have designed the Orela after a irl car from the early 2000s (the Orela is only a 2008 because that was the closest body I could find to the irl car). That irl car comes with America’s best i4, which I have “taken inspiration from” when I designed the EcoTec series 2.2L engine (with DOHC and 4v per cylinder).

And, yes, it is underrated. The engine has been dyno-proven by car magazines to have 140hp at 6600rpm with a redline around 7300. And it has a very stout bottom end that can take a beating (I have like +6 Quality in it with Forged or LW Forged pistons).

So this engine has a history of being able to take on quite a bit of boost…

So any riced or slightly tuned version should probably get at least a 6/10 rating, with the basic unmodified car (show in the pictures) being lower, around 4/10 or so.

I give you my most economical vehicle to date.

24.9 horsepower
1158.9lb weight
125.2 mpg
MSRP: $158,400

Presenting the Egotron!

Buy this over a standard ecobox and break even in twenty five years.
I’m not sure how I would rate this but I leave it open to your opinions. It’s not fast but it is driveable.

1945 Ventnor Speedster
The fastest car in the world of yesteryear.

The Ventnor Speedster featured a top speed of 165.2mph*
With a price tag of $400,197 there were few who could afford this beautiful car. Only ten were ever made as a result.
*The first production car to reach this top speed in real life was the 1965 AC Cobra Mk III 427.

Next up is the Stag Big Chief

The Big Chief first made its debut in 1995 as a successor to the Severe Duty Stag pickups. The Big Chief used a 432 cubic inch V8 with multi-point fuel injection. I figure rating this one would depend on who uses it.

If it can manage 70 MPH, then it’s an 8/10 because you know people would brag about their carbon-fiber car that gets 125 MPG.

If it can’t manage highway speeds (50 MPH minimum, even though the true minimum is 45 MPH), then it’s a 12/10 for being nothing but a car to brag about its stats while driving around it anything else, or a 15/10 if you’re actually going to limp it down the highway, creating traffic jams.

The car is capable of doing 100, though it isn’t that fast on acceleration.

I’m going to retry ECV. With a link this time!

Yet to reach modern times, so I want to see what you all think.

Personally, I give my own company a 5/10.

Let me introduce my new company Darkshines Designs. Two model for 2015 production the Broadhead convertible with BB v8 and the Hollowpoint 303/431 and Pro mod.

juliusgraham5485 - DSD Broadhead.zip (94.6 KB)
juliusgraham5485 - Hollow Point.zip (149.8 KB)
Because we all need a 9L v8 hot hatch with 1700hp with twin 66mm turbo’s
edit: the Hollowpoint was thrown together quickly and i am yet to tune but you will see it in the Single engine challenge

4 out 10 of my brand’s cars are Corvette parodies. The others are a two supercars, two of what is essentially a Lancer Evo and a I6 turbo 4WD riceboy’s wet dream. So yeah, Dimension Motors has a line up of douchemobiles throughout its proud history.

I win.:stuck_out_tongue:

Edit for pictures:

It has a huge wing, ridiculous hood and body kit, and the owner would probably ditch the cat and slam the thing for instagram points. How can you get more douchey than that?

1 Like

I’ll go a 10/10 because the driver will probably have an arrogant personality to boot. Probably a teenager with a boatload of cash from Mommy and Daddy to buy the car and subsequent mods.

1 Like

That picture is pretty much a Lancer Evo X replica. You will clearly be judged accordingly :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t mean for this thread to be a douche contest, but since the game is fantasy, I did foresee this happening as we are unfettered by the crushing expectations of reality, and can embrace the douche.

1998 Petoskey Keweenaw Rally

1.9L turbocharged inline 4 producing 193 hp. A sport tuned variant of the Keweenaw built in 1998 as the latest economy model from Petoskey Motors. FWD only as the T platform does not support AWD capability.

Your opinions? Personally I’d give it at least a 6/10 for the large wing plus the teenage hooligan personification.

That it is FF only adds to the douche factor of the rear wing. People likely to buy it for AWDness without knowing what AWD is. Kind of like how a lot of people voted Brexit without knowing what the EU was or, in several particular cases, how the entire livelihood of their town relied on EU funding.

As new, I imagine it quite close to a poor man’s Evo. That score real high.

I’m still looking for opinions on Ouroboros compared to the other obviously douchebag GG cars.

Ourobros: Impressive technological feat, sure. HOWEVER, instead of being reserved for the super-rich elites as a supercar should be, its daciaesque price tag as well as the insane looks will undoubtedly generate far higher sales, which also increases the number of owners not qualified to handle this kind of performance.
TL,DR: It might succeed the Mustang as the car of choice for crashing at a car meet.

Not to mention the smug increase it will undoubtedly cause. Luckily it isn’t a hybrid. 8/10

I agree on a number of things, except to note that with a drivability of 54, and only the potential to be more than the driver can handle if they turn the aids off this car is less likely to crash than a lot of similarly powered cars, particularly the top trims if muscle.

Then again you just know the idiots buying this car will turn the driving aids off and it still does have about 650bhp on tap IIRC. So I guess you’re right on that count too.

There are enough accounts of people crashing 60hp FWD hatchbacks and/ or cars with millions of safety devices.

3 Likes

I’ve seen enough people crash their cars with less than half of that power, even with driving assists. Let’s face it, all the power steering, ABS, Traction Control and Stability Assistance won’t save you if you mat the gas and then hook the steering wheel. That’s proven with Mustangs and Corvettes as it is.

Now let’s put the engine behind the driver’s seat, increasing the pendulum effect when things get a little out of hand, and the only differences between a Mustang crashing into a crowd, and the Ouroboros crashing into the crowd will be which end collides first, and how much it’ll cost to replace the car.

But we wanted to give power to the people :joy:

(Like unleashing automotive apocalypse upon the lands.)

1 Like

There are more cost effective ways of liberating the population from subhumans, ya get me.

I’d say one of the fastest ways would be to give them all a stock Ford Pinto and then make 'em all have a demolition derby.

NNNNOOOO!!! Not the Pinto! not a Ford, give em holden/chevolet/opel v6 buick engined commonwhores