The Electric Future (Round 1)

The Electric Future
A Multi Round Design Competition

Hey you! Yeah, you! Are you tired of dreaming up an future for your company beyond fossil fuels, yet are limited by the lack of EVs in automation? Well, I can’t solve that.

But I can do the next best thing, which is convert them to electric powertrains in beamng.drive! Interested? Well, to help expand companies futures, I’ll be hosting a multi round themed challenge where the best designs get converted to electric in beam.

How this will work in essence is it will bring in elements of CSC and CSR together, where I look for realism, good design, and overall quality. There won’t be any hard criteria, but if you submit a roadster with 1,000,000 horsepower and 50 billion miles of range for a price of $40, it’ll never go through. This is a challenge in using your I M A G I N A T I O N, comparing your concepts to what’s possible in the real world, and adding your own special touch!

The rounds will be fairly short, and not infinite. I expect there to be anywhere from 5-10 rounds, but I’m open to more if there are any themes people would like to see. Confused? Yeah me too bud. But I’ll do my best to lay out criteria in the first round and hopefully it will make more sense!

18 Likes
Round 1: Flagships.

Most car brands have a flagship model. It’s the one that they want influential people to choose and to be seen using, whether it’s industry leaders, pop culture celebrities, political figures, or specific government agencies. Think the Cadillacs in the presidential motorcade, the vehicle Dwayne Johnson pulls up in as he arrives at a movie premiere, or the car that transports Jeff Bezos to the private helicopter waiting to take him to his island base hidden inside a volcano.

Flagship models are what manufacturers want dignitaries, business people, millionaires, and billionaires to choose for their chauffeured transport. For you, and for the sake of this Round, I want to see the essence of your electric car’s future. BMW created the I8 and Polestar the One, not as high volume sellers, but as a showcase of what they could do with electricity, a demonstration of their brand’s identity in a future beyond gas.

You shall do the same. This round is particularly open-ended as I believe it will be a good jumping-off point. Anything from Electric supercars to high-end EQS style electric luxury sedans to Hummer EV style offroaders are allowed this time around. Shromet, for example, has the interval.

Yeah ok boomer I just skipped over all that, gimme the requirements so I can just build a car.

Year = ~2020, can be a bit earlier or later.

Hard limits = None.

What you’ll need: A design, tell me a battery capacity (in KwH) that you expect to have, and an expected range to get from that. I will judge this compared to what’s possible in the real world, so compare your car to a similar real world car if applicable, and make engineering adjustments accordingly should you win.

You can tell me your car gets a billion miles from a AAA duracell you found in the smoke detector and costs 3 cents if you like, but I will judge you for it. Not in any concrete way though.

You’ll also need a horsepower amount, and a price. This is something I will also look at in an unconrete way, because EV technology is a bit more expensive than a regular car. Just throw some quality somewhere irrelevant to account for this. It’s pretty much just lore.

DESIGN, DESIGN, DESIGN, that’s what it’s all about!

This is 95% a design challenge, so this is what I’ll be looking for. I want to see the ultimate expression of your brand’s future here! By the very nature of this, you’ll have to accept my subjective taste, as I will be the sole judge.

Cars MUST be production-ready! this means you should reconsider those LCD grilles and suicide rear doors.

As far as engineering goes, you can get an accurate weight by giving your car a big iron block engine. Power and 0-60 don’t really matter because I can change those. Just give your car an accurate price and weight for the battery capacity and we should be good.

Engineering for BEAMNG conversion will be handled on my end for the winning cars with the approved changes of the winners.

And, to kick things off, the top 3 winners will have their cars converted to electric in this round (this IS Subject to change in later rounds.)

ROUND 1 is open from Nov. 2, 1PM EST until Nov. 9, 11:59PM EST! All entries before or after will NOT be considered.

23 Likes

Hi, how many car models allowed to enter per person and how many trims allowed per model?

1 Like

Just one and one I think. I’d like to give everyone as equal a shot as possible.

Amazing challenge, I wish you success. As for me, I do think the EV revolution has a great advantage. With powertrains so efficient, body efficiency is not as needed as before, and so, a neo-classic, less aero focused market can establish realistically. And I do have some big companies sharing the same mindset.

I’ve avoided the previous modern and ev challenges because I think this is what peak EV design looks like.

5 Likes

Also, are full EV brands allowed?

Absolutely! You’re free to start a new brand, subsidiary, or whatever.

Given the lack of questions, I’ll be opening up entries from November 2, 1PM EST, and they will be open until Monday Nov. 9, 11:59PM EST. I’ve also added the caveats to the rules that the cars must be production ready (that means no concepts) and that I will attempt to be as objective as possible, but subjectivity in design is natural. If you cannot accept that then I’m sorry.

1 Like

Python Type E 2020

Introduced in 2020, the new Python Type E was the brand’s latest flagship hypercar. It features four electric motors mounted to each wheel hub for an all-wheel drive 1000hp rocketship experience, whilst also providing up to 250 miles range.

Specifications

Python Type E 2020

Chassis: Carbon Fibre Monocoque paired with Carbon Fibre panels (1,700kg)
Drivetrain: 4 wheel mounted motors providing 250hp each (1000hp combined)
Economy: 250 mile range provided by a 300KWH battery midship position
Performance: 0-62mph in 2.5s & 200mph top speed
Wheels: 20 inch Alloy rims on medium sports tyres (P205 front & P205 rear/40R20 85Y)
Brakes: 310mm Vented Disk 1 Piston Caliper front & 320mm Vented Disk 1 Piston Caliper rear
Exterior layout & Interior: 2 door coupe - Luxury 2 Seater & Luxury HUD Entertainment
Price: 37,000,000 JPY before extras

12 Likes

Looks stunning. I can see hints of Ferrari F8 Tributo in the front, and McLaren Sports Series at the rear.

1 Like
B1 Alpha Aranche

Specifications

4 liquid-cooled permanent magnet synchronous electric motors placed at each wheel making 400hp+ each, for 1600hp+ total.

120 kW⋅h Lithium Nickel Manganese Cobalt Oxide Battery allows for 450km of range from full charge

0-62mph is done in under 2 seconds despite the 2ton weight, the Aranche also has a top speed of 280mph+

Front dihedral doors and rear gullwing doors for 4 comfortable seats.

More Photos

Figures quoted closely related to Automation stats

15 Likes

This is the next golden era for Pagasus Motorsport, The 2020 Pagasus motorsport Project-E, the first EV for Pagasus motorsport.

it is powered by 5 high performance motors by AT auto, 2 at the front and 3 at the rear, each making 350hp, a total of 1750hp. it has a 120 kW⋅h Battery allows for 460km of range.

it can goes from 0-100km/h in less that 2 seconds and have a top speed of 420km/h+

it also got a comfortable interior so that you can have a great ride.

1 Like

2025 Riber Ampere 1
Named after the French physicist in electromagnetism, the Riber Ampere 1 is the Danish automaker’s current flagship EV.
Specs

• Fibre glass panels with a glued aluminium monocoque chassis, weighing 2000kg in total

• Lithium ion battery in mid-engine layout, creating an output of 100 kW/h and a range of 500 km before needing a 30-minute recharge.

• IWD, four permanent magnet motors at each wheel, creating an output of 700hp (175hp each)

• 19in alloy rims, sports compound tires (P250 front, P300 rear)

• 300mm carbon ceramic brakes, 2 pistons

• Motors require a key and a heat source (so no robots can turn the car on)

• 4-door coupe with 2 seats (with adjustable rear seating), hand-made interior complete with seat heating, windscreen HUD, a Tesla-sponsored self-driving mode, and glowing contour lights

• 2 front swan doors, 2 rear sliding back towards the rear axle

• 0-100 in 3.1 seconds; 355 km/h (220 mph) top speed possible, limited to 320 km/h (about 199 mph)

• Price: €170,000

6 Likes

I don’t see any, but are there any naming conventions?

If you could use the naming convention TEF With your username, that would be great. Thank you for that. For those that submitted, Don’t worry about it though.

Oh, and I suppose this wasn’t entirely clear either but I do need the .car file. A forum post alone is not an entry.

3 Likes
This was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw this comp, I hope its not too trippy to participate.
Buying a car in 2030

Welcome to the year 2030! In this quick walkthrough, we’re going through the process of how to buy yourself a new vehicle. A lot has changed in the last 10 years!
For starters, most car manufacturers went bankrupt and out of business, due to a lack of acceptable compliance to the rapid changes in how cars are built and brought, while a handful of tech companies has risen in this brand new automotive world!
So, let’s open your holoclock’s navigator and open the New Car Hub website. This site has a seamless process for evaluation of your social credit, way of life, job, and activities, and direct your choice of companies compatible with your score.

Ok, so we got directed to Testa Tech. This company, launched by Chuck Testa in 2020, was built using resources from a similarly named company, brought by this master of television entertainment after he noticed the way the world was evolving. They will be the providers of the Skate, a mass-produced vehicle platform, composed of a center, injection-molded, carbon fiber reinforced plastic base. The graphene battery cells are molded inside this platform, along with the electronic controllers for the electrically adjustable suspension, electric power steering, battery charger, main inverter, battery control modules, and central vehicle electronic controls, along with most of the auxiliary electronic components. All vehicles are equipped with automatic driving, with mandatory use on control grid equipped highways. Its components are built inside the center Skate’s injection, to avoid tampering. The front and rear modules are bolted to supports molded on this platform, and are adjustable in length, allowing for a variety of wheelbases. These modules are molten Chromoly, injection-molded pieces, composed of the suspension supports, suspension arms (all vehicles uses double wishbone, electronically adjustable suspensions), and an adjustable electric steering system, engineered with built-in crash structures. Not that they’re needed, as driving manually is a quick dwelling activity.

Now that our skate is chosen, we’re redirected to Arunahart’s site, to choose our wheel motors. All cars use wheel-mounted electric motors, and our chassis was set up to use four of them. They’re fully programable and have propulsion and braking torque vectoring, for the ultimate stability and handling. What we do is match our chassis capacity and choose the style.

Now we’ll be redirected to MV Design’s page, where we’ll pick the last piece of the puzzle, the body. They used to be a design studio, working with other manufacturer’s powertrains, until 2026, when they were brought by the former British vehicle manufacturer Bridgell, with whom they had a long-lasting partnership, and the fusion brought the resources for the company to enter the new body manufacturing business. The bodies are designed by the studio and are 3D printed by order, in the same high strength carbon fiber reinforced plastic that is used to inject the Skate, with all the necessary sensors embedded during the print. This is when the car is built, with the chosen interior, color, Skate, and Wheels all becoming one finished vehicle at one of Bridgell’s old factories, now assembly lines of this new made to order way of buying vehicles, taking about 3 hours to go from a pile of parts to a finished car. Let’s take a look at the choices we made for the body:

Now, all we have to do is wait a few days for the autonomous platform to come to our parking slot, drop your new car, and take your old one to the recycling center. Remember to take your personal belongings out from the old vehicle!

And all that’s left is enjoy the new ride! I hope it brings you some good years of joy!

This story was fully based on this dissertation by Jason Torchinsky, posted in 2013! And I still think it holds true and will be the way of the future! When I saw this comp, that text immediately went back to mind, and I wanted to flesh it out, even it’s just in virtual form. For now!

9 Likes

Meon Initiale Electrique

Specs The premium estate boasts impressive figures; 2050kg, 2 E motors, AWD, each motor makes 250bhp, 0-60 is 4.3 seconds, top speed is limited to 155mph, 90kwh battery, 300 miles range, 65,000 euros

Since Meon is a French car company, they don't really have that much in the way of big barges, this is the company's current "flagship" and it has been serving them well for the past three years, boasting impressive sales. The newly introduced Initiale Electrique showed promising sales from the getgo.

12 Likes

Don’t mind the first picture’s name

4 Likes

copystrike momen

Promotional OVA: NEXT Laguna

ケソンが送るオリジナルアニメ『NEXT Laguna』公開中!
氏ほか日本アニメ界屈指の才能が集結。
近未来の東京を舞台に、「新型ラグナ」が疾走するショートムービーをぜひご覧ください。

Now showing: “NEXT Laguna”, an original animated movie by Quezon!
Kasetsu Hito and some of the top talents in the Japanese Animation industry join forces, giving birth to this unprecedented masterpiece. Please check out the short movie starring “NEXT Laguna” speed across the city of Neo-Tokyo!

2022 Quezon Laguna GT-e

Embrace the new electric future.

Welcome to the future of power. No other car in its class will be able to topple this one.
Twin 327kW electric motors power all four wheels of the Laguna GT-e, with torque vectoring technology derived from our 4-DRIVE™️ system, both acceleration and handling are greatly enhanced even with all the heavy technology packed within.

2.0s / 172 mph / 370mi

0-60mph‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎/‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ top speed ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ / ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ est. range

With its 175kWh battery, the Laguna GT-e maintains an unprecedented range for a
vehicle within its class. Only fitting for our flagship electric performance coupe.
With Quezon’s 1,500+ and counting LightingStop™️ locations across the nation, you can charge up to 190mi of range in under 20 minutes wherever and whenever.

Specifications & Pricing - 327kW
  • Motor | Three-phase, four-pole AC induction electric motor
  • Power and Torque (Individual) | 327kW (438hp) and 610N⋅m (450lb-ft)
  • Total Power Output | 654kW (846hp) / 1220N⋅m (900lb-ft)
  • Acceleration (0-60mph) | 2.0s
  • Top Speed | 172 mph
  • Battery | 175kWh Lithium-ion
  • Maximum estimated range | 370mi
  • Front Brakes | 6-piston Bremsi calipers / 375mm vented rotors
  • Rear Brakes | 4-piston Bremsi calipers / 355mm vented rotors
  • Rims & Tyres | 21-inch 10-spoke alloy wheels / 255/40R21
  • MSRP | $116,999

Figures quoted not at all related to Automation stats.

two clicks beep boop looks like a different car
16 Likes

Damn look at that unit of a battery

3 Likes