The Engine Startup and Revving topic

Hey everyone!

I saw the video of Jakgoe starting up and revving his V12 mercedes and I wondered, what if we all put our videos here of us starting up and revving up our car?
This way we can get a nice collection of a lot of different types of cars doing this! :smiley:

I will record my own soon! Please post yours here!

Hereā€™s my car. Sorry for the crappy audio/video and my horrible scratchy voice. :slight_smile:

youtu.be/mwqyR7-ckAA

youtu.be/_4jMszxxMMc?t=2s

youtu.be/GKzYH_ntdk0

No videos of the green car revving yet (will post them when able). The silver car had glasspacks to the factory tips, all else stock.

@07cobaltgirl = I love the burble on the overrun. That will be mandatory on all my future cars. :slight_smile:

haha it gets even better later. Iā€™ve done so much to it since this video. :wink:

Only car Iā€™ve ever owned worthy of this thread sadly I donā€™t have any more. I do have an idle exhaust clip and a clip of me driving down a dike road late at night, though.

i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb100/EverVictorious/Hornet/th_exhaustidle.mp4

i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb100/EverVictorious/Hornet/th_riverroadreturn.mp4

This was my '73 AMC Hornet, factory 304 warmed up with a mild Edelbrock cam and intake manifold, Holley carb, and dual Flowmaster exhaust.

My current car, even if I had a ZZP exhaust and an atmospheric BOV, would sound like a moaning dog with a sinus issue.

I suppose I will put my Mercedesā€™ clip here so they can all be in one place:

Mercedes Start-Up

Maybe I should start up and rev my Mumā€™s Peugeotā€¦ xD

Oh you should Pleb! Im going to rev my car in a bit!

Here it is! Citroen Saxo 1.1i powahhhhhhhh
onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=F60C6FC542F195FF!5674&authkey=!AAy3GkdJV9G4zYo&ithint=video%2cmp4

Iā€™ll join the crappy 4-cylinder corner with my momā€™s Clio with rusty muffler.

ill join as well gonna wait till after my tune up and oil change though its almost a year overdue :confused: car is a 01 grand am 2.4

Alright, here is the great, the amazing, Plebā€™s Mumā€™s Peugeot!! (Sorry for my crappy camera skills, and for holding it the wrong way so thereā€™s black bars on the sideā€¦ I hate it as much as you do, also, TinyPic seems to have stretched the video to fill the screenā€¦ -_-)

The car is a 207, completely stock. So, as youā€™d expect, itā€™s not exactly a gargling beastā€¦
tinypic.com/r/11lq7id/8

Not a gargling beast, but stillā€¦

SWAGILICIOUS :wink: .

And donā€™t you forget it. :stuck_out_tongue:

I guess I should gather one of my car driving. hahaha If you think the exhaust sounds nice, you should hear the intake. :wink:

Alright, alright, alrightā€¦ Wouldnā€™t want to be outdone by the Peugeot/Renault crowd here. :laughing:

Starting up and ā€œRevvingā€ in a parking lot (didnā€™t have my heart into revving because it has a really low rev limiter in neutral):

i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb100/EverVictorious/Sonic/th_20141016_190913_zpsamcwkn9a.mp4

And to show you my POWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA (or lack thereof):

i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb100/EverVictorious/Sonic/th_20141016_191316_zpsylqiopea.mp4

Onramps are so much fun! :smiley: edit: and you can see the boost kick in @ 3,000 rpm, awesome!

Since I no longer have the silver Mark VIII, here are a couple of clips of the green Mark VIII, taken this evening.

youtu.be/98Iqf-0KlZQ << revving, neutral

youtu.be/N7TLkoB7KKs << part throttle, 1st gear

I got 2 vids of my old Audi S6

Revving

Acceleration

Just wait til I get me a video of the Prius. Extreme swag overload.

EDIT: Here is the beast, you should probably turn the volume up a bit. Start in EV mode, then switch to Hybrid mode so you can hear the engine start, with the weird silence of not having a traditional starter motor (and the weird noises a Prius makes on startup). Bit of revving after that too. Do be warned about the wind noise though when I go outside.

youtube.com/watch?v=Idu3FS03mQk

Time for a proper manly car

youtube.com/watch?v=5jJ3S7hU37I

No-one can beat the awesomeness of this.

I donā€™t know what the best part of that is, Pyrlixā€¦ the chickens, the tape grille, or the smokinā€™ and dancinā€™ as you throttle that bad boy