The Fictional Track Request Thread

This is a companion thread to the real tracks request thread set up by the talented 07CobaltGirl…just with fictional tracks instead. I’ll start this with a request of my own:

Okay, this isn’t so much of a formal track, as it is a road race course in a real city…my old hometown of Rowlett, Texas. I’d be more than happy to do this myself…but I can’t get the TrackView program to work, and the TrackEdit program on the Internet(ElSaico @ GitHub) proved to be way more difficult to handle than it was worth…so I’m reaching out to the Automation community.

This track’s a little on the large side, about 18 and a half miles to be exact(possibly almost exactly 30 km), but hopefully it won’t be too much trouble.

The maple valley raceway from forza, Normal and short if possible?

[quote=“AlternateSteve90”]
This track’s a little on the large side, about 18 and a half miles to be exact(possibly almost exactly 30 km), but hopefully it won’t be too much trouble.

http://i.imgur.com/WgKSBil.png[/quote]

I can help you do that one, but can you turn the the Image(in Google earth/maps) so it starts out going to the right. Then take another screen shot? I’m not going to do elevation changes either, (if there is any) I haven’t experimented with that yet. I don’t have time at the moment, I have School and other stuff to do right now.

I would love the High Speed Ring from Gran Turismo :mrgreen:

[quote=“Nivracer”]

snip image[/quote]

I can help you do that one, but can you turn the the Image(in Google earth/maps) so it starts out going to the right. Then take another screen shot? I’m not going to do elevation changes either, (if there is any) I haven’t experimented with that yet. I don’t have time at the moment, I have School and other stuff to do right now.[/quote]

Well, okay…here’s another try, having sized it back down a bit and turned in IMGur(btw, I tried doing it in Google Maps-didn’t work, and I don’t have Google Earth):

[quote=“Nivracer”]

I can help you do that one, but can you turn the the Image(in Google earth/maps) so it starts out going to the right. Then take another screen shot? I’m not going to do elevation changes either, (if there is any) I haven’t experimented with that yet. I don’t have time at the moment, I have School and other stuff to do right now.

Well, okay…here’s another try, having sized it back down a bit and turned in IMGur(btw, I tried doing it in Google Maps-didn’t work, and I don’t have Google Earth):[/quote]

I had that same problem. Here is another thing you can do you can hit Ctrl + Alt + Left/right arrow keys, Up arrow will bring your screen back to normal. this will rotate your screen. then take a screenshot. Also F11 will go full screen. One more thing is make sure your tack isn’t behind anything, It will look better.

Pretty much just a high speed test circuit. My car didn’t really get below 240km/h outside of the 90* intersections.

Rowlett Street Circuit.zip (1.5 MB)

I would adore you for life if you managed to recreate Complex String from Gran Turismo 3.

Good luck. >:3

Eh, just saw a playthrough. That should be easy enough, provided we have a map and some track info. The first two thirds have no elevation change and the latter third is undulating hills over a perfect road surface.

I’ll put my hand up for that one, will be nowhere near as time consuming as Pikes Peak :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“TyashiExMachina”]I would adore you for life if you managed to recreate Complex String from Gran Turismo 3.

Good luck. >:3[/quote]

I’ll do it, someone else has to do the elevation changes though.

-----EDIT-----

Done! Doesn’t have any elevation changes. I will post the track when I make the pic better quality. (ignore the second screen)
Where do I put the timing sections?

1st Sector: After the first slalom.

2nd Sector: Just before the start of the loop bit.

3rd Sector: After the loop bit.

Good luck!

TyashiExMachina

That was quick! Btw is that track simulating racing line, or driving in the middle of the road the entire way?

It actually drives on the line about most of the time. It needs some adjustments. Here are some screenshots. I’m a little confused on how the car is tilted down just a little bit at the end. If someone wants to the elevation changes or make the pic look nicer just shoot me a PM.

I’m actually not that fussed as to how it looks, or if the elevation changes are even apparent. Besides, it’s only for a quick nostalgia trip.

I just changed the layout in the editor to simulation and it helped a lot, but has the same result at the end. I’ll do some more work tomorrow.
EDIT 5/5/15:
I’m busy with school right now, not doing much this weekend. I’ll try and tweak it to a releasable state.

Mid-Field Raceway from Gran Turismo 6?
I’ve been running that course for over ten years across the various version of the game. I’d love to see how cars they won’t add to the game, fare in Automation.

Truly,
Tex

P.S. gran-turismo.wikia.com/wiki/Mid-Field_Raceway

Hmm., I’ve actually driven on Dalrock road before. I have a friend who lives in the neighborhood right next to it. Came close to an accident there on Dalrock and the I-30 exit ramp because some idiot didn’t see the red stop light. Dalrock in real life is a four lane road with a median with a 45 mph speed limit. Most people, as is with most typical Texans, drive 55 through that area. If it’s empty, it’s believable that you could run through there much faster.

I Would Really Love it if somebody added the New York City Circuit Track from Gran Turismo! :smiley:

neoseeker.com/forums/4529/t251693-heres-map-of-new-york-track/

If someone could do this one, I woul be really thankfull :wink:
fs5.directupload.net/images/151112/temp/7bgfp6ly.jpg
fs5.directupload.net/images/151112/temp/a4j96pbp.jpg