The Great Automation Run | Chapter 16 and final results!

I haven’t build a car in ages, let alone enter a challenge, but this looks like real fun :smiley:

:raising_hand_man:

6 Likes

I had a good car going but the game decided it wasn’t meant to run, can’t run it on any track or the game crashes, this might be an issue

Aye.

2 Likes

I will stick with a normally aspirated engine as planned.

1 Like

Screw that, Group B style homologation all the way, isn’t that what timing is for? To slap turbos on everything???

(Am tempted to shoehorn in a larger engine to the EVO RC… The aluminium 2.8L V8 is somewhat limited in its potential. Or maybe I should pick another car…)

4 Likes

That’s a really small V8. My I3’s bigger than that.

2 Likes

Am I correct to understand drivability comes into play only if you are slower than cops? Otherwise you can have 0 and it will make no diference.

1 Like

Spoiler alert: Police cars will be from Automationverse, so you can do your bets on every country.

I imagine this thing will vibrate the scrap out of just about any car in no time…

2 Likes

4,072cc with 29.7 smoothness. It’s like driving a paint shaker. Thankfully, it’s not as bad as some I’ve done like that, where they’re as bad as driving a paint shaker on a road full of potholes.

3 Likes

This sounds like a petrolhead’s test of manliness :slight_smile:

1 Like

Does it have to be an LC car or can Sandbox cars be entered?

So, just for clarification, you want us to make a tune of a car already present on the forum, with trim year from 46 - 95? Or can we make a new car altogether?

And if we get any money left after tuning the car (say it cost $15500, giving $1500 more to spend) do we carry this over into the pool for repairs and tickets?

There’s a scenario in the beta about using an engine as a coffee frother or something, smoothness required is under 5. Note: beta has new smoothness calculations and you’ll be bound to hit that mark :joy:

@gridghost I think OP stated the budgets were separate.

4 Likes

I haven’t been trying to build for the scenarios, but I’ve found that it is indeed possible to make engines with 0 smoothness, and as expected, they have 0 reliability, too.

2 Likes

These are all sandbox cars :smile:

2 Likes

You can make a completely new car if you want. It just has to be made before 1995. You need two trims, a stock trim and a tuned trim. The budget for the tuned trim must be $17,000 at 0% markup.

EDIT:

Nope. Originally we thought it should just be the money left over from tuning, but it turned out to be too restrictive. So everyone gets $2500 dollars for repairs and tickets regardless of how much money is left over.

6 Likes

Alright my car is back to life and faster than ever, thank God the game didn’t corrupt it, all I had to do was restart my PC

I forgot to mention it; but there will be mistake (drivability) rolls as well. So no, 0 drivability is not viable.

1 Like

I’m in, Solid rear axle incoming :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: I am so tempted to enter a big truck with a driver modeled after a crazy redneck I know.

6 Likes