The Hunt For A Star Car! [FINISHED]

From this post, there is 12h15m Remaining to get in your entry.

Then I’ll take a few days for checking, reviewing, and results, and post it all over how long it takes.

3 Likes

WAAAAIT WAAAIT

I’m entering two cars is that OK? One for each of my companies?

##We got the star car for the… Other Reason.

##It got wrecked!
That’s right, RPG is glad to donate a couple of our brand new 2017 Barracuda Retro models over to the studio to fill in as the car that gets wrecked in the big chase scene!
(Remember to sign the disclaimer, notes, and insurance and responsibility papers with us prior to taking shipment of the cars)

The 2017 Barracuda Retro model is a modern overhaul of the original early 70s AEA Barracuda chassis and body, but we kept the most important part!
###The Feel of Driving a Big Block Muscle Car

Yes we did, you can turn off all the assists and enjoy the original muscle car feel with your Bluetooth headset and phone playing tunes. It has the original suspension and engine to ensure the accuracy of your new retro ride!

But, we didn’t just re-use the old design, we improved it! While this car still has a solid live axle, it has been rebuilt with today’s modern technology to be safer, faster, and more durable than ever! It can also handle modern driving with all the convenient features of a new car! This includes an improved 455ci Big Block V8 with overhead valves and direct injection. And modern sports tires with classic Magnesium 5 spoke rims! (Which have been treated with a special finish to make them durable enough to stand up to the riggers of modern driving.)

Now, we have made some slight cosmetic changes to further distinguish the new retro from the original. This includes slight trim changes and a refreshed front and rear design. We also have 3 appearance packages for perspective buyers to choose from. Talk to your local RPG or AEA dealer for more.

For your particular batch of cars, Mr. Marcus-Johnson, we have made some changes to improve them for stunt vehicle use, including some weight-saving measures, improved cylinder heads, a catalytic converter delete, and improvements in the suspension to make the cars more suitable for jumping and drifting. Due to the mass-production of these cars, and the simple materials and construction, you will find these Barracuda Retros will easily fall within your budget.

We wish the best of luck to the other stunt drivers, as we will send our own stunt driver, James Maxxus, to prove our car.

####Redhawk Performance Group - Special Performance Vehicles for the Common Man

7 Likes

Thought i could just make it in time, if barely. Yeah. Not happening

As of half an hour ago, entries are closed. Tomorrow I will start scrutinizing and brief reviews.

Good luck to all, expect an edit with all entries soon.

1 Like

Sadly I was also unable to scrape together enough time and mojo to finish the car I wanted to submit. But I’m still interested in what happens next!

My car garage has at least 10 prototypes for this challenge, just couldn’t pull it together sadly. Nothing was quite good enough and nothing quite caught my fancy just right. Good Luck to all the entrance who managed to make a car, this was harder than it sounded.

1 Like

I don’t think I’m gonna win but I’ll have a hoot watching the drivers try to handle a car that manages to get barely 50 drivability… on AWD :imp:

1 Like

Here are your Entrants

@ramthecowy
@DeusExMackia
@thecarlover
@TR8R
@abg7
@one85db
@BobLoblaw
@Madrias
@conan
@Der_Bayer
@titleguy1
@findRED19
@Dorifto_Dorito
@HighOctaneLove
@Deskyx

Good Luck to all!

5 Likes

And, we have our 1st Cut!

@HighOctaneLove, Sorry but the Kitten doesn’t reach the safety minimum of 40.

Therefore, we are un able to use the car, as we do not see if safe enough to use on set.

1 Like

Oh, how did I miss that!!! :flushed: DERP!!! :sob:

:laughing: good luck everyone else! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hate to hear that @HighOctaneLove, I liked the Kitten. It was so cute I just wanted to pet it! :smile:

2 Likes

Maybe I can arrange for the car to be in some static shots as a background car… :relieved:

Or maybe it can be a joke car, like “Let’s take the Bogliq! What do you think I am? Papa Smurf!?!?!” :laughing:

5 Likes

We have another one to fall…

@BobLoblaw, The Blackfoot doesn’t have enough cooling to be Reliable, are you possibly using any mods?

If so, which and Will install, otherwise, farewell to the blackfoot.

i’m sure i sen’t you mine

I know why I missed it, and I’ll load it up tomorrow, as I did actually download the files.

Checking that now. Is it missing a grille or vent? Or is the cooling set too low?

#REVIEWS - SET ONE

@Deskyx – Assoluto Fatalita RT Solvalou

Well, we start with something Yellow… Not what I would’ve expected from Assoluto, they’re usually red. Anyway, this itallian Stallion… I’ve been eying up purchasing one of these for myself. Now that it’s in front of me, I do have to say, she is a looker, a head turner, or whatever you say. The Engine note, oh, so good. The raw noise of an Italian V8, it just pulses through you.

Sitting within, it feels like it’s a sports car, with minimal excess, and a rather great lashing of LED’s. Even without the replacement seats, she feels and holds like a sports car should. I mean, my face is lit up all kinds of happy, but that could be Bias speaking.

Hitting the “road” or the area around our movie studio, the low speeds feel controlled, calm, but as we start going faster, it takes longer, and longer to slow down, and the car becomes very understeery, and rather un-responsive. Maybe it’s something that can be ironed out for their new models, or something.

@ramthecowy – Cavallera Pirahna Special.

Another Yellow. Eh, this one looks much, much more terrifying. This car did come with a note, saying something about an NDA or some shit. I mean, I don’t even do technical. I would like to point out the safety hazard that is the engine parts sticking out of the hood. That’s… not safe. Stripes are nice, very Le Mans, or Ricer, I’m truly not sure which. I also don’t really agree with the vent on the back end, that looks odd, from the outside, I’m not sure how it’ll shoot.

Sit down, and you feel like you’re about to launch into a race against something. No carpet, not even proper door handles. You get a wheel, some gauges, not even a radio. No sound proofing. So, all in-car shots would have to be shot when the car isn’t moving. I don’t like that.

But the engine, oh the engine. Amazing. V12, so massive amounts of glory, and oh she sounds so good. A roar and burble, and crackle, all combine into something just great. The lack of powersteering is a bit of an issue, but it’s all responsive no matter the speed, but it does have the same issue as the Fatalita, that the brakes do need a lot more effort at higher speeds.

@conan – BKOO Ukkonen.

Okay, who bought in the 1970’s? Brown. Fucking Brown. I mean, someone just grabbed the nearest machine and sent it here? Jane, Who even are BKOO?.. We Don’t Know?.. They just sent us this? Okay. I mean, I think my dad used to have one of these back in the 70s… Maybe… This really is just strange.

Well, on the inside, and we get modern, Cloth seats from a base model Maesima is what it looks like. This has just as sparse of an interior, and really isn’t that comfortable. Maybe, just maybe it’ll be all ready for a drive.

This sort of monster, and setting off, there’s minimal wheelspin… But god is it rapid. Not as fast as that Pirahna, but for something that looks like it’s from the 70’s it moves like some hundred thousand dollar machine. Brakes are floaty through the mid gears, and quite floaty at high speeds.

Note; expect 3-ish reviews a day, just to not kill my brain. Although there could be a few days with just one or 2.

7 Likes

As expected! I sent a track special with sports tyres, so… it’s a speed machine. Not something you’d see on a movie set. Nice reviews Vri!

No Reviews today, instead, we have this!

You have been selected at random (lul) to view which car you think looks the best. Make your decision wisely.

You only get one shot.

#POLL IS 3rd - 1st, to give you time to think.

4 Likes