The Jingoismobile Challenge

After the 1961 military coup in Azbahk, the General-President, Phu Ukhud tried to spearhead a revitalization of the economy by trying to move from agriculture to manufacturing. Dissatisfied with not having single stronghold in any type of industry and with American cars being used for government and military uses and the rich buying European sedans, Phu Ukhud gave a local group of aerospace, locomotive and mechanical engineers the job to build a car. Hearing your interest to build a factory in Azbahk, your company will be allowed to build a factory, if you can build decent car with the local group of engineers. The catch is that the car must be engineered from scratch and be built before Victory Day, in order to showcase the car in front of the general public. With Victory Day being only 130 days away, will your company be able to get on the ground floor on for Azbahk cheap labor or will you put the lives of the local engineers at risk and get obscenely high tariffs on your cars.

Year: 1962
Required Markup: 20%
Maximum Engineering Time for Engine: 23.05
Maximum Engineering Time for Model/Trim: 23.05

Steam Workshop Mods Only, No Barth Bodies.

Naming Scheme:

Model: TJC – (Username)
Trim: CarName

Engine: TJC – (Username)
Variant: EngineName

Deadline: 15, January, 2017

5 Likes

I might have to try this, though I have one question for anyone reading this, has anyone achieved an engineering time that low for a trim?

I got that number by trying to make a car myself with a bunch different type of engines, you just have to play with quality sliders and know which parts are more worth your time, as well as knowing which parts to make sacrifices on really.

2 Likes

Yeah, but those cars come out really basic. And/or shit.

2 Likes

okay the engine is somewhat easy…

the car… isn’t

except if you went with 0 safety

wait. we’re supposed to built trucks or not?
i just assumed that because of the story told. but are we?

i’ve built a lil car, but it takes 28.5 s to get to 100kph

General-President Ukhud

First Order Automotive are unable to open business in Azbahk as we are unwilling to compromise our reputation.

We can produce a car, in the time scale, but with no safety, but are unwilling to do so.

Many thanks for the offer

Jaimz

CEO First Order Automotive

This is more of a what you can do the best challenge, now presentability matters as well since it’s going to used in the Victory Day parade, so consider that as well.

Well, then the decently sized 2 door sedan I made wasn’t that bad of a choice! Could do more on the performance, but I got at least 11 safety, reliability still over 60, galvanized ladder chassis, 145 km/h top speed AND… a radio! Comfort still sucks, though. But I might be able to squeeze more out of the engine. Haven’t used all the engineering time on that yet.

It’s also intriguing since it might fill a niche I didn’t expect to be important for a little bit of DBR lore :wink:

Walker: “Why the Wagon?”

Uhh yeah. I may have just made a truck that could keep up with your 2 door sedan
The truck’s top speed is 144km/h

some proper shitbox. top speed 237 km/h

3 Likes

That economy, though!

1 Like

DAT POWAAAAAAA

FEEL THE VICTORY

you are right! why compromising for fuel economy??? the hammer accelerates to 100 km/h in 7.7 seconds and reaches 240 km/h on the straight line. it laps green hell in 9:45:56.

1 Like

and i thought i built something decent

I realized that I forgot to put a deadline, put it after New Years and Christmas so people have time and might not be available right now.

FIXED

7 Likes

i just noticed… 23.05 engineering time is not 23 weeks though. it’s 23 months

23 weeks also would be 161 days and not 130 but, you very well know making a car with engineer time of 6 is impossible as 23 is hard enough.

Yeah. We’ll just pretend that it is so. No problem really, just a bit of some misc stuff