The official AMW thread - 2024 AMW Phoenix

I really like the idea of designing your own UI for the CCU, how you called it. You simply think about EVERY detail of your cars! But what have central locking, electric windows and a sunroof to do with the infotainment system?

Well Iā€™m assuming thatā€™s the category that those features belong to, since these things usually require buttons and they work electrically. I donā€™t know though. I just think these things are part of the ā€œentertainmentā€ category in the game, as oppposed to the ā€œinteriorā€ part.

little teaser of whatā€™s up next. I was playing around a bit with the lighting effects in GIMP.

Okay so now that Iā€™m done with all the tuning on the car, here is the new Tiger! This carā€™s competitors are the BMW M6 Grand Coupe, the Mercedes CLS63 AMG, Jaguar XJ Supersport and Porsche Panamera Turbo S. Thereā€™s a saloon and an estate version. But since 90% of people who purchased a previous-generation Tiger went for the HP models, we decided to discontinue everything else. Here are some shots of the Tiger Saloon!

And here are some pictures of the Tiger Estate:

Now, while BMW and Mercedes have made very conservative claims about their power figures (both of them have produced way more power on the dyno than advertised), AMW sees no need in hiding this carā€™s numbers. 650hp, 891Nm (657lb-ft), top speed of over 200mph. Any further questions?
Of course. How about interiour? Itā€™s luxury interiour as you would expect in this competition. So is the entertainment. On top of the CCU, central locking and electric windows you get cruise control, electric seats and mirrors, heated and cooled seats for the front and the rear, as well as massaging functions on all 4 seats too. 4 seats, thatā€™s right. Because between the two rear seats, youā€™ll get a console with a few buttons to press (for the rear electric windows and the heated/cooled seats and also the massaging function) and a tray almost comparable to one at a fine restaurant where you can put food or other things.

And while the BMW and the Porsche are tuned mostly for performance, the AMW has a suspension setup that is balanced between sportiness and comfort, but more towards comfort. Why? Because most people who buy these cars donā€™t take them to a track anyway.

The Bridgestone sports Tyres are 275mm up front and 295mm on the rear. They are sticky enough to not produce much wheelspin when youā€™re accelerating hard, also thanks to the electric LSD. But of course, if you wanna drift this car, you certainly can! Here are the main stats. The redline is 7000RPM, by the way.

With a price of 90.000ā‚¬ (or $, itā€™s the same in EU and US), it certainly seems like a bargain compared to its german rivals. But donā€™t think youā€™ll get less because you pay less. If you want a big, luxurious sports sedan, why not give it a shot?

Greets,
Tom

ā€œIā€™ll take one wagon please!ā€

Anybody else want one? :smiley:

Will take it if itā€™s free :smiley:

Iā€™ll take a coupe, btw the car looks great

Hereā€™s a teaser of the new AMW Mamba. New because I had to delete all my car and engine files, since the game wouldnā€™t start after the latest updateā€¦

I know Iā€™m a little tardy to the party on a couple things, but if you will, bare with me.

First, when you were talking about your 2015/2016 standard infotainment a page back (and back in Nov apparently), you mentioned that is does not include cruise control or electric door mirrors. While I can understand the lacking of some of those other listed features I donā€™t quite understand the lack of these two on cars with GPS systems (much less voice activated ones), it seems that theyā€™d be included on such vehicles. Am I misunderstanding and you mean merely that those systems arenā€™t controlled by the CCU or that cars with the standard package simply donā€™t have those features?

Second, I love what youā€™ve done with the rear of the Tiger. I like the front as well, but that rear arrangement seals it for me. Excellent work.

Last, but not least I canā€™t wait to see what the rest of the Mamba looks like.

Thank you for checking my thread out! The idea behind the CCU is that we use as little devices as possible while still providing the functions you need and want for everyday driving. And cars with the standard infotainment pack simply donā€™t have cruise control or electric mirrors, because those features are, in my opinion, not necessary for everyday driving. Especially since AMW builds driversā€™ cars, thatā€™s why most of our cars come with a manual gearbox as standard and thereā€™s no such thing as front-wheel-drive.

Iā€™m happy that people really seem to enjoy what Iā€™ve done on the Tigerā€™s taillights, at first I wasnā€™t sure how they would be received because I tried something new. It turned out rather well though :smiley: And the rest of the Mamba will follow either today or tomorrow, as soon as my time allows to make a chart of its stats and whatnot. :slight_smile:

Before we get to the pictures of the new Mamba, hereā€™s some basic info on the car.
It is an entry level mid-engined sports car, with 2 seats, standard interior and basic infotainment. This means it gets the CCU like in standard infotainment packages, but without sunroof and with only 2 speakers instead of the usual 4.
There are 3 versions with 3 different engines, the 1.0, the 1.5 and the V6, all of which are naturally aspirated and make well over 100hp/l. Also, they all have an aluminium chassis and aluminium body panels (because Polymer is apparently no longer available). They have Double Wishbone suspension up front and Pushrod suspension on the rear end, making for awesome cornering performance and driving experience.

The 1.0 and 1.5 are both I4 engines. They get vented brake discs with 6 pistons front and 4 pistons rear, 205mm front tires and 225mm rear tires which by the way are medium compound road tires. The 1.0 gets 16 inch alloy rims, the 1.5 gets 17 inch alloys. Both of them have a fully clad undertray for better aerodynamics.
The V6 has a 2L V6 engine and carbon ceramic brake discs with 6 pistons front and 4 pistons rear. It gets 18 inch alloy rims on sports compound tires which are 225mm front and 245mm rear. It too has a fully clad undertray and the same interiour as the other 2 versions.

Everything else you want to know is shown in the stats chart under the pictures :smiley: If you have any further questions, feel free to ask! Also, car magazines, if you want to feature this car PM me :slight_smile:

A first preview of a car that ā€œbeatsā€ the Viper at its very own game. What do you guys reckon this car costs? [size=75](Prepare your ā€œCereal guyā€ emotes, the spitting ones)[/size]

This car appears to be a formidable rival to my very own IMP C12S

Donā€™t you hate it when the manifold and intakes peeks through the hood like that? Anything larger than a 7L v12 with that body and Iā€™m having the same issue.

The costs to your factory depends largely on the size of the factory and how much of your production line youā€™re intending to devote to it. Same goes for engineering and tooling costs, so itā€™s a bit hard to guess at this stage.

But I daresay itā€™s going to cost a heck of a lot less than my own FR hypercar, Daeva!

[quote=ā€œstropā€]Donā€™t you hate it when the manifold and intakes peeks through the hood like that? Anything larger than a 7L v12 with that body and Iā€™m having the same issue.

The costs to your factory depends largely on the size of the factory and how much of your production line youā€™re intending to devote to it. Same goes for engineering and tooling costs, so itā€™s a bit hard to guess at this stage.

But I daresay itā€™s going to cost a heck of a lot less than my own FR hypercar, Daeva![/quote]

When my engine peeks through the hood Iā€™m just putting an empty fixture or hood bump lol

Strop, the only difference is that this isnā€™t even really tuned for maximum track performance. It is 1754kg of decadence, thatā€™s the best way I could describe it. Hereā€™s the price, first without mark-up, and then with a more realistic mark-up.

And hereā€™s how it looks:

phwoarrrr the rear end in particular looks awesome in black.

But what size factory are you using? The price is indeed very lowā€¦ for story realism purposes I picked a tiny company so I have to use ā€˜tinyā€™ (and even then even that is not tiny enough), and compared to, say, a medium 2 company, my minimum price is about 60% higher as a result!

Iā€™m at Medium 2 currently. Might change that up to at least Large 1 though. I still donā€™t fully understand how this affects the way we should build cars though.

It kind of affects how you build your cars. When I change the settings, some things get changed like the amount of cars you can build in one day.