The official AMW thread - 2024 AMW Phoenix

Who wouldn’t read every one of your entries!? They would be missing out! Your cars are, always have been, and probably always will be… awesome :slight_smile:

That is one of the nicest compliments ever! Thank you! :slight_smile:
How is your car review team going, by the way?

You are more than welcome for the compliment, it was deserved.

I am going to thank you for reminding me about that. I had completely forgotten about it, and to be honest I think it is probably about time the team (including myself) got back to work on them. I do have one major issue though, which is the fact I don’t actually know whether the old models/platforms work with the new beta (which I suppose they don’t) and also I have no idea where I stored the cars that needed reviewing on my old toaster/laptop, so even if they do work I probably will have to ask people to send in new entries with those who sent cars in for reviewing before getting priority. Sorry!

Hey guys! Today i’m gonna show you my latest mid-engined sports car, the Anaconda!

This is the perspective that most people on the road are going to see:

But if you see one parking somewhere, or go to your local AMW dealer, you’ll also see it from this perspective:

Now, what is this car supposed to do?
It’s a sports car for every day, so its competitors are cars like the McLaren 12C and the Audi R8 V10.
First of all, the engine is a 6.0L NA V8 with 644hp, making it more powerful than both of those cars. As a result of the power, as well as the 1350kg overall weight, it goes from 0-100km/h in just 3.0 seconds even with a 6-speed manual gearbox. Braking from 100-0km/h is dealt with in just 30.6m.
But then, you’ll find that this car is surprisingly economical, at only 9.5l/100km. It’s also quite comfortable thanks to the premium interior, moderate sound insulation, standard entertainment and a reasonable ride height of 235mm.

On hot days, you can also open the sun roof:

The price for this car is also acceptable considering the allround capabilities of this car. It’s 125.000€ despite being made fully from carbon fibre.

Greets,
Tom

Hey guys, this is another mid-engined car! It’s like Lotus Elise, but a bit less focussed on Sportiness and it’s called the Mamba. Sure, i mean it’ll do 0-100km/h in 4.0 seconds but the suspension is not very sharp to allow for better ride comfort. It’s not luxurious, though. You only get standard interior, basic entertainment and standard safety features. In return, this car only costs just over 10.000$ to produce, and so it will be yours for 35.000€. That’s less than a supercharged Elise, and it’s also less than an Alfa 4C, let alone a Porsche Cayman.
Now you’re probably curious to know how it looks. I give you a little preview here:

But i would be stupid not to use this opportunity to promote the video about it :smiley:
youtube.com/watch?v=Eto1uj-KGBY

Then, in a cooperation between myself, my NFSU tuning team and Wizzy, this awesome picture was created! Also, the power output went from 250 to 320hp! That will make for a 0-100km/h acceleration of 3.5 seconds, and only 13 seconds from 0-200, compared to the standard Mamba’s 17 seconds. Here it is, and a big special thanks to Wizzy for helping me edit this! :smiley:

As this is a tuned car, you can’t buy it. But maybe it’ll appear in Need for Speed Underground 3, should EA ever make it.

Greets,
Tom

Just wanted to drop by and say that the sunroof idea was just amazing to me, as were the cars. Great work, Tom! :slight_smile:

Where does that sunroof slide back to? :laughing: Might be better just to make it a pano roof.

[quote=“gt1cooper”]

[quote=“TheTom”]

On hot days, you can also open the sun roof:
http://i59.tinypic.com/2uh31ps.png[/quote]

Where does that sunroof slide back to? :laughing: Might be better just to make it a pano roof.[/quote]

Alot of roof slide outside of the car. There are actually coupes that have sunroof that slide over the back window

Yes, but not this (indented) type.

Sorry for the late reply. The sunroof is currently open in that picture, but the cover is still there because you wouldn’t wanna see bare interior as it is in the game since interior aesthetics aren’t done yet :slight_smile:
Let me just advertise something new this time:

The most important facts are on the picture.
Unlike previous Eagle HP generations though, this one has a limited top speed. 350km/h. 0-300km/h takes under 20 seconds.
Also, it’s made entirely from Aluminium rather than carbon fibre, in order to save costs and make for a better weight distribution.
Then, the old 5.2L TT V8 has been thrown away, and instead you now get a 7.8L NA V8. It fits. I have no idea how, but it fits.
Lastly, the interior is now premium instead of Super Light. You get Advanced safety features, standard entertainment and all driver aids except Launch Control. The suspension has been tuned for a balance between everyday usability and sportiness. So it’s now more of a GT car than before. And yet, this car is still the same size as a BMW M4. But it makes perfect use of the available space (especially under the bonnet).

Greets,
Tom

Hey guys! This is the new Weta!! :slight_smile: Let’s start with the official advertisement:

I chose “Set yourself new standards!” as the slogan because this car is comparable to a Golf GTI (with performance pack) in terms of size and price. But then the Weta will pull ahead in terms of acceleration, comfort, luxury and fuel economy. It’s just a car that you’d love to drive every day. It’s also very practical as you’ll see later in the screenshot of its main stats. It’s not tuned to be sporty, though. It doesn’t even have lips.
So, now it’s time for some more pictures:
http://i60.tinypic.com/33mlogp.png http://i59.tinypic.com/2aanivr.png

Under the bonnet, you’ll find a 2.5L turbocharged I4 with 236hp, good mid-range torque and a nice power plateau:

All this power is sent to only the rear wheels via a 7-speed double-clutch gearbox. Overkill? No. Why would you put something cheap in a car that’s all about luxury and everyday comfort?
You get luxury interior, 70 sound insulation, luxury entertainment and advanced safety features. And to make this car easy to drive, you get all driver aids except launch control.
The resulting stats will make the GTI look like such an unrefined car and you’ll wonder what makes the GTI so expensive (that is, as expensive as the Weta):

Greets,
Tom

Size, sure. But who pays 40k Euros for a GTI?

Well it does cost that much with Performance pack and DSG (DSG is an optional extra even with performance pack, for whatever reason). And it’s the obvious choice if you want a hot hatch for 40K because the A45 AMG, the M135i, RS3 as well as the Golf R all cost 50K or above. But the Weta will attract some attention as it shows that you can have more for your money (compared to the GTI).

I just built a 1970 muscle car. It’s not in AMW’s model range and i don’t even have a name for it. But here it is nonetheless :slight_smile:
youtube.com/watch?v=q_eGdgAD0Xc

Hey guys, i’m back on my thread with the new design of the Anaconda!

If you want to know how to make this design, you’re welcome to watch this video: youtube.com/watch?v=G9uRjhMwVqo

The Anaconda is a sports car that’s not about maximum acceleration (though it accelerates very quickly) or top speed. It’s about handling and cornering speeds. And that fact is very noticeable when you drive it around a track.

Because the standard Anaconda is meant to be a tame car that people can drive safely on the roads, it has AWD. Power comes from a 4.8L NA V8 that revs to 10k RPM and makes 780hp. Wanna drive safely? Well, stay below 5k RPM. Simple as that. Being a carbon fibre supercar with what’s basically a race engine, it’s obviously not cheap. It’ll cost you around 400.000€ which is more than a Lamborghini Aventador, but then it’ll out perform the Lambo quite easily.

However, there will still be those who think the standard Anaconda is not fast enough for their “needs”. And for those people, AMW built a race-spec version of the Anaconda which uses an up-sized version of the 4.8L NA V8. It’s now a 6.0L and it’s still naturally aspirated, but it makes 973hp.

It hasn’t been changed aesthetically, though. Except for one tiny detail: the back lip has been removed so we could fit another one on the front end to improve the front end grip.

But in order to fit this engine into the engine bay, we had to make the car RWD only. Like a proper racing car. But don’t think that the car has gained weight by fitting the new 6.0L engine into it. In fact, the R is more than 100kg lighter than the standard car. It also makes for even better cornering speeds, enabling it to not only beat the Porsche 918 around Laguna Seca by over a second, but also beat every single road-legal car Top Gear have ever tested around their Airfield track, as well as beating every production car over the quarter mile.

The Anaconda R costs 550.000€, including a set of sports compound tires to make it road-legal. But if you ever happen to see an Anaconda, it’s most likely on a racetrack.

Greets,
Tom

It doesn’t want none if you ain’t got buns, Hun.

I was resisting the temptation, but noooo, you just had to go there :stuck_out_tongue:

That is actually a disgrace for the car as i don’t think it wants to be related to a whore like Nicki Minaj :stuck_out_tongue: Unless you wanted to say that it’s got a nice rear end, in which case thank you ^^

Okay, guys. Today is my birthday but [size=150]you[/size] get the present. It’s a car that i’ve secretly been developing over the past few days. And it’s the new Peregrine.

The styling has changed, and so has the engine. Given the nerfs to the fuel system (running the engine richer adds less power than before) compared to the old client build in which the first Peregrine lived, its old engine wasn’t powerful enough any more. It developes “only” 2007hp in the current build.
That’s why i went on and created a new engine.

i know this is not the most powerful engine on the forums. It’s not even the most powerful engine put into a car on the forums. As a result, unlike the previous Peregrine, it doesn’t set a new top speed record. But it’s still very fast, as you might expect. It’s faster than the old one.

The new generation of the Peregrine is more than a whole second faster from 0-400km/h which is actually quite significant given that the old one already did it in less than 13 seconds. This one does it in 11.3 seconds, and it does 0-500km/h in about 20 seconds.
I got a special unlisted Youtube video for you guys to show you how fast it really goes. Most of you aren’t gonna be that impressed because many of you can build (or already have built) even faster cars. But still, click it, watch it, enjoy the sound of a 7.3L V8 that revs to 9500RPM :smiley: youtube.com/watch?v=W3Om1ywierA

Also, i should point out that, like the previous Peregrine but unlike some other high-end top speed supercars on the forums, this car has appropriate cooling. It can cool all of its power and even offers decent cooling airflow for its brakes.

Another advantage that this generation has over the previous one is the weight. This one’s completely stripped out so it only weighs 1400kg, almost 250kg less than its predecessor. That, as well as the extra power, helps it complete the 5km long AMW straight 2.36 seconds faster than the old car.

Due to the increase in power and acceleration, you might expect this to be more expensive. But actually it’ll cost you less money than before because of the minimalistic interior. This car costs “only” 1 million € flat. Plus, it’ uses about 45% less fuel than the previous generation.

Greets,
Tom

That… that is fast. Certainly for a properly cooled car, it goes like the blazes. (Shame we have to push the engine so hard the reliability suffers though huh). What better way to celebrate your birthday? Happy birthday!