The official AMW thread - 2024 AMW Phoenix

I don’t think you’d be terrified to drive anything other than the Peregrine (and maybe the Dragonfly) because everything else is made everyday usable, even the Eagle HP. :slight_smile: Personally, i would love to drive a Sparrow because it’s just that light and nimble RWD sports car everyone wants, but it’s also practical and easy to drive.

I figured it out: Most of the weight comes from the drivetrain due to the extra torque! You probably have at least another 100kg in there on top of what I had. But that may actually have been helpful in putting the weight onto the wheels!

I do love the creativity you have put into making the features on your cars. The way you have mixed parts is fantastic.

Thank you very much :slight_smile:

Sorry i haven’t been uploading sooner, but i had way too much to do in real life. Much more than i had originally expected. Also, i now have beta testing to do, as well as Alpha testing in another game (an awesome racing game which i can clearly recommend downloading as soon as it’s out, it will be free!!) But now i finally have the time to post the Sparrow HP and the Puma HP! :slight_smile:

The Sparrow HP is up first:
http://i60.tinypic.com/rbfl8w.png http://i61.tinypic.com/2dwdw07.png

And here’s the Puma HP:
http://i58.tinypic.com/5zjx3r.png http://i61.tinypic.com/9k82gh.png

As you can see, the aesthetics have changed quite a lot, compared to the previous generation. However, the engine is still the same 2.5L I4T with 375hp that will beat the hell out of their rivals. The Sparrow HP’s rivals are Porsche Cayman S (which admittedly is a tough opponent) as well as the BMW M235i, and the Puma HP’s main rivals are the Mercedes CLA 45 AMG and the Subaru WRX Sti.
Here’s the stats:

The price for this performance and practicality is 50.000€. That’s about as much as most of these cars’ rivals, but about 10.000€ less than the CLA 45 AMG which will be successfully beaten by the Puma HP.
I’ll send you the platform files and you can choose your colour yourself and preorder if you like it :slight_smile:

Greets,
Tom
Sparrow HP - Rev - 0.lua (65.4 KB)
Puma HP - Rev - 0.lua (63.1 KB)

I really like the styling on the Eagle HP in particular! Have you considered enlarging the light designs? I think it would really allow you to produce something wonderful, especially in light of all the quality designs you already have!

here’s a close-up of the Eagle’s (and Eagle HP’s) headlights. It’s basically just a vent with LEDs and then white indicators on the outside of the vent.

On the back, i went for another vent, then placed white indicators inside them and then added red and yellow circular taillights.

The Sparrow’s and Puma’s headlights are much more complicated. I started with the kind of rounded vent that i used on my M4 Replika (but not the chrome version like on the M4). Then, i made four thin rectangular headlights and adjusted their angles to place them into the vent like a double V. Then, i filled the Vs with circular LEDs because they fit perfectly. Next, i placed a big rectangular and a smaller circular headlight on top of them to fill out the entire area of the vent. Lastly, i used white indicators to accentuate the inner edge of the vent and orange indicators on the inner and outer side of the Vs.

Greets,
Tom

The attention to detail is amazing! I applaud the way you’ve used the regular fixtures to create a unique style! Maybe I might give it a try using your techniques to see the results!

thank you :slight_smile: I appreciate your feedback. If anything, i want to inspire others. I don’t wanna be the best, and there are better designers than me on the forums. But i like trying out new techniques and displaying the results on my thread, that’s what i like to do :slight_smile:

I tried something new and i’m quite happy with it. it’s only a concept for now but i could put it into production. What do you guys think?
http://i62.tinypic.com/2uzuvyx.png http://i58.tinypic.com/112bl2o.png

Here’s a close-up of the headlights. Basically i made two different sized oval lights, placed LEDs on the inner edge of the bigger one, then a thin white indicator above the LEDs, a circular light somewhere in the area where the two oval lights overlap, and then an oval orange indicator on the outer area of the big oval light. There’s also a thin vent below the smaller oval light.

I think if i put this into production, it would probably replace the Eagle because the bodykit is almost identical. Same vents and indicators, the bigger grille is the same and now there’s a thin grille between the indicators as well.
Let me know your opinion on this car :slight_smile:

Greets,
Tom

The front end is beautiful, but I think that the rear could do with some minor tweaking. Perhaps a wing would do the menacing model more justice. Otherwise, I really like the design! Perhaps it could become a facelifted Eagle, or a more hardcore variant?

Thanks, but this is gonna be the standard Eagle version. There will also be another HP version, of course. But only after the basic version is done. What about this back end?

There’s one more thing, guys! Now that the Automation Endurance Challenge is about to begin, i’m excited to show you the car which NyanCatx3 and I have done. He did the freehand drawing and i built my own interpretation of that. Unfortunately, i can only show you pictures of the car, not of its engine or stats because i don’t want people to shy away from the competition when they see this car’s stats :stuck_out_tongue:
http://i61.tinypic.com/2zqxw01.png http://i57.tinypic.com/2dtr5kx.png

Greets,
Tom

I like the headlights of the white car, but the rear end isnt that pretty… the taillights look too dull and the exhausts are really too big

thanks for the feedback! I would probably change that, but i can’t because i’ve already sent my entry. I hope there are lots of competitors and i’m looking forward to seeing the results. I wish everyone good luck for the race :slight_smile:

I really like the front of the car, especially how the whole fascia seems to slant inward to the center. The back, however, looks quite empty.

Also, if I may add, a little pice of advice. Moulding the body of the car affects the weight, so you should probably take that into consideration before giving it that big section jutting out in the back :wink: .

Thanks Jak :slight_smile:
That is the result of moulding the top half of the rear end further forwards, it’s the Alfa GTV-style Coupe body because i figured it offers reasonable drag coefficient, pretty low weight and a big engine bay. And i don’t think the extra 5kg or whatever the difference is, will have a huge impact on the final result :slight_smile: It’s still a 1300kg AWD car with 800hp.

Greets,
Tom

The weight loss can be somewhat significant, between 15-22 kg on a fully carbon fibre platform.

There’s obviously more to this car than just power to weight. I’ll be excited to see the results of the challenge because i’m pretty sure i’m gonna do well. I’m not a prophet, i can’t say what place i’ll be but definitely pretty high up :slight_smile: It’s faster (and i’m not going to say by how much but it’s quite significant) than the Dragonfly, which was previously my fastest car round the track, despite 25hp less, 50kg more and 30kg less downforce, while using more than 30% less fuel. Regardless of the result, this car was quite an achievement, for me at least.

Greets,
Tom

What do you guys think about this rear end design for the new Eagle? In general, i wanted the rear end of the standard Eagle to look less aggressive and a bit more elegant.

Another thing: of all the cars that are in my first post and haven’t been shown in detail yet, which one would you like to see next? [size=50]Some of them already have a new design almost done.[/size]

I’m looking forward to your opinions :slight_smile:

Greets,
Tom

New cars coming soon!
Today i edited the posts about the Peregrine on the 4th page of this thread. Why? there’s 2 reasons.

1. I found the engine noise to be pretty quiet when accelerating hard on a race track, that was because of the two mufflers. So i removed them. I lost 2hp doing so, but i added a few cc to compensate for that. The result of all this is a loudness factor of 78.8 and 30kg less weight overall, as well as 13Nm more torque.
  2. I made myself a 5km straight to test the acceleration of this car better, because the 300-400km/h time on Nardo seemed a bit weird to me, it was almost 10 seconds. Now, though, on a perfectly straight road with no slopes, it does 0-400 in about 13 seconds, rather than 17.6 secs. What’s also worth mentioning is that the Peregrine can do the full 5km straight from a standstill in 43.77 seconds and it reaches its top speed about 5 seconds before the end.

Greets,
Tom