The Search for a Sportscar - The Agile and the Angry

I’ll enter this with a reimagining of a Kee-era car I made almost a year ago - it’s so different from its previous rendition that its very existence would mean rewriting the brand’s lore (if there is any), but it’s still front-engined, rear-drive and exclusively V8-powered.

This is the 2000 Hanson Halberd, the second revision of a car first introduced in 1990, and now developing 334 horsepower courtesy of an all-new 4.2L V8. It was offered as a 2+2 or, as shown here, a two-seater - the latter being more desirable due to its reduced weight.

5 Likes

1998 Ryback Tornado

you’ll hear the Tornado coming long before you see it…

With a powerful roaring DOHC Cyclone V8 4.3L engine, with VVT technology. With 279HP and a 5 Speed manual Gearbox transmission powering the rear wheels.

“The Porsche Eater”

With a Mcperson strut and Semi-trailing arm suspension, With adaptive dampers, and 1337kgs of weight, Giving it a superb handling on corners. On top of that, a 0-100 time of 5.75 seconds. So you can laugh at any maserati/porsche of it’s time.

A sporty family car…

Despite all that perfomance, you still get a pretty normal family 2-door family sedan, With a fuel economy rating of 21mpg/8.928 km/l, and its Reliable and yet still cheap to maintain. So dont worry! it wont broke you.

Comfort…

With a high-end Sport leather interior, With a premium CD radio. With some Interior parts being made of aluminum for weight reduction.

-I think that’s enough presentation…

(Lore of the car coming soon…)

7 Likes

1988 Rennen Angeles Prestige 3.2 4WD

For 1988, Rennen revealed the 4th-generation Angeles sports sedan. With an all-new steel chassis and standard AWD on many upper-trim models, the Angeles set a precedent for future Rennen vehicles.

The model which has been provided is a top-spec Prestige 3.2 4WD Manual, with over 200 HP funneled to a rear-biased AWD system through a 5-speed manual. The suspension has been tuned for a slightly more aggressive setup compared to the automatic model, but the demeanor remains balanced between comfort and cornering.

The model became popular in the early 2000s and later thanks to the engine’s potential for tuning and the tight handling characteristics Rennen has been known for.

17 Likes

Wow, Split/Second lore? Nice, except for the the fact that the Tornado’s a truck.

1 Like

1997 Banthaar Margay V8

Banthaar decided to produce a brand new and unique model in 1997: the Margay
Here is the 4.0 V8 of 300 HP, the average version of this GT combining performance, security and drivability. A smaller version with an Inline 6 and a bigger one with a V10.
Despite the I6 only had an automatic gearbox, the V8 and the V10 were available with a 6 speeds manual gearbox.

Let yourself be seduced by this coupe and its beautiful V8 sound, who only demand you to drive it.

16 Likes

No More Than You Can Afford Pal, Mitsushita.

8 Likes

Retro Age Motors would like to present …the 1969 …s61

1969 s61 2-door, 5-seat, sport sedan.
Power Plant: 336 c.i. Fire-Storm V8. Producing 226 h.p. @ 5200 rpm.
Transmission: Boi - Boi 2-speed automatic, peak torque, 262 lb-ft @ 2900 rpm
4-wheel solid disc brakes, 60 - 0 mph 140 feet
Top Speed: 120 mph
0 - 60 mph: 10.1s
Price: $13,500

Retro Age Motors
Parking Memories in the Driveway

4 Likes

'88 BMMA Dolphine 2.5 Opicina in Coral Red

26 Likes

Nice pickup (or coupe?) line. Also, are you Conan the Barbarian? :joy:

The Swan Song of a legend.

1988. Two years after the death of Group B, sales of the aging FAAL Coupe and Tetra models started declining. The rallye hormones were sated, and the death of the car was imminent. But to the general surprise, FAAL decided to make the car go out with a bang, giving it one more opportunity to advertise new tech: The FAAL Tetra Evo 4 hit a few selected dealerships, boasting a new 230hp version of it’s 2.1L 5 cylinder turbo engine featuring a juvenile electronic Variable Valve Timing system. The car also had one of the very first dashboard operated adaptative dampers, with a dial in the center console allowing to fiddle with the hardness of the ride.

The car was faster than ever, with a top speed of 221km/h, 0-100km/h in 5.47s and a quarter mile in 13.86s. Despite the new tech it weighed barely more than 1200kg.

One thousand pre-established units and an emotional goodbye later, both the FAAL Coupe and Tetra disappeared without replacement.

Press F

19 Likes

It made me think of this :thinking:

8 Likes

Wow, Let me upload a video of that:

“The Most unbeliavable coincidence EVER (NOT CLICKBAIT) (GONE WRONG, GONE RIGHT, GONE LEFT, GONE STRAIGHT, GONE GAY, GONE SEXUAL) (Dont play minecraft at 3:AM)”

Edit: I am just joking, Nice one! :joy: :+1:

3 Likes

A bit less than 5 days to go!

If you still want to enter this, make sure to get your cars in before the deadline. I’ve got 17 entries so far.

@Marian87 and @B1ill4Har8din1 I see that you’ve showcased some cars but I haven’t gotten either of them. Make sure to PM me the .car file before the deadline.

Hi.Yeah I know, but I’m vacation and I’m not sure I’ll get back by 1 Sept. and I wanted to tweak the car and make absolutely sure it follows your guidelines. If i don’t make it in time, I’ll just send you the version I attached to my post that showcased the car, before the deadline.

The 1975 Meijer Monte Carlo Turbo
“Italian performance for a Dutch price.”

Stats:
0-100 km/h: 7,99 s
100-0 km/h: 36,8 m
Top speed: 191 km/h
Weight: 1096 kg
Engine: 2000 cc 154 hp T64 4T-P
-Type: Boxer 6 Turbo
-Redline: 5000 RPM
Gearbox: 4 speed manual
Drivetrain layout: FR
Cargo space: 706 L
Passenger space: 2762 L
Seats: 5
Roll angle: 5,3°
Fuel economy: 17,9 L per 100 km
Fuel type: regular (91 RON)
Emissions: 3427,1 emissions (IDK)(with two way converter)
Reliability score: 59 (not only Italian perfomance but also Italian reliability)
Lap time Automation Test Track: 2:34,25
History:
The Meijer Monte Carlo Turbo started it’s development in 1968 with Lancia, their goal was to build a fast and reliable rally car for the 1975 season. The co-operation didn’t go that smoothly and ended up with the two companies breaking up in 1973. The development team of Meijer were only left with the chassis blueprints and early prototypes of the body, and with only 1,5 years to go before the launch of the car the clock was ticking, and that would be the reason why the engine was rushed and unreliable. The car started production on the 5th of December 1974. After 1 month 2000 cars were recalled after a few engine fire related issues. The rally season didn’t go well either after catching fire in Monte Carlo, Africa, Greece, Morocco and Portugal and having gearbox related issues in Britain causing them to finish 17th in the championship. After 2 more unsuccesful tries in the championship Meijer decided to pull out of the sport and 1 year later the company killed off the production Monte Carlo even after a major engine revision in 1976.

Production years: End 1974 - Mid 1978
Price(@0%): €13989
Download:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BeffCym2tGEJNeCmmufThoSDR_X52aKT

4 Likes

MY99 Bogliq Coyote Xtra Street

Sportscar%20FR

Just entering my car to see if it’s worthy of a sportscar designation. Automation thinks that it is a sweet Pony Car (Just over 100% desireability @ 10% mark-up) but we all know that building a reasonable pony car isn’t much of an achievement, :laughing:

Sportscar%20RR

So it’ll be really cool to see what part two will have in store for my little pony! :rofl:

12 Likes

Your entry is very interesting, I’m looking forward to see in any Group B Competition and Homologation.

Juggernaut Roadking 2.8 Sport -67

Back in -67 we noticed how nearly half of our midrange cars were sold on their largest engine available. which at the time was 2.6l Straight six producing mere 130hp, but for it’s time it was considerable amount of power on most markets.
We also were testing on a new racing engine which eventually was too large and heavy for the car it was designed to go, but it fit in to the midrange cars with ease. Therefore we decided to downtune the engine to be more suitable in road applications, and with it’s nearly 160hp power was very powerful car.
Due to the incresed torque that the engine provided it was only available in 2 door cars, so the chassis rigidity wasnt compromized.
The car was orginally designed to be high mid class family hauler, but with the new engine and somewhat sporty looks it ended up being quite a big hit among well earning young crowd.

3 Likes

Having ran themselves to a dominating victory in the BTCC in 2000, the Virage Final Edition was the “Be all and end all” send off to the car that brought them to the top. Featuring a race-derived 2.0 litre, 16 valve turbo 4 cylinder punching out 250bhp it rocketed to high performance heaven in what was described in Autocar Magazine as “A fantastic send off for a legend in the making”.

A few models were sold in europe as a LHD conversion, but the primary market for Bramhall was still the UK, where 1500 of the 2000 models were sold. Model No.0001 was bought by then Company President Tom Parsons and later stored at the “Bramhall Historic Museum”, a joint venture between the Evenham family and Parsons to preserve historic cars in Bramhall’s history.

6 Likes

Just about 19 hours to get your entries in!

If you still want to enter the competition, do it now.

3 Likes