The Summer 2019 Automation Collector Car Auction (AUCTION HAS ENDED, THANK YOU TO ALL PARTICIPANTS)

Lot 104, Paddle 031, $92,000

Lot 107, Paddle 014, $155,000

With under 18 hours left, I figured it might be helpful/insightful to have some overviews as to the progression of the first round of lots being auctioned off, following the sort of input Chickenbiscuit provided earlier.

click to expand to massive resolution and detail

The x-axis is time and date in the US EST time zone I think, while y-axis is obviously bid price.

N.B. Lot 102 is omitted because it messes up the vertical axis scale. Nothing to see of interest regardless, it began at $920,000 and after 2 bids currently sits at $940,000.

In the meantime my boredom didnā€™t wear off and Excel wasnt able to do any useful forecasting soā€¦ a few hours and a lot of stupid, wacky math later, hereā€™s my guess as to the finishing price for Lot 101. (tl;dr - about 90 to 115k)

EDIT: Updated the graph with the appropriate value range for the x-axis. Take this as a covert PSA to spend your money wisely because all the cars here have pretty much tripled in value or more, yet weā€™ve just passed the halfway point with regards to time.

16 Likes

I love how lot 101, that tiny base model economy sedan, going for that much money :joy:

1 Like

Pretty suprised about that either.

Donā€™t you worry, 212 is mine

Lot 104, Paddle 008. $94,000

Lot 105, Paddle 041, $ 97,500

Iā€™m surprised at how most of these are going for so much, not only 101. Seems like everybody really wants the first lots for some reason

1 Like

Like I said, virgin teen syndrome :smirk:

just need to add that it looks like Iā€™m saying that like itā€™s a bad thingā€¦ Of course you donā€™t need to feel bad about being a teen or a virgin or both but seriously impulse control people itā€™s like those stupid banner ads that read YOU WONā€™T LAST FIVE MINUTES PLAYING THIS GAME. For real.

Put it this way. Do a bit of real market comparison. I know weā€™re playing with fictional numbers Chips pulled out of an RNG but if youā€™re incrementing way more than you could get a real equivalent example of said car for (and some of you are) then you should take a good look at what youā€™re doing and step away from the internet for a bit.

16 Likes

Lot 103, paddle 064, $169,000

Lot 103, paddle 059, $170,000

Moral of the story: STROP WANTS YOUR MONEY, DONT SPEND IT ALL IN ONE PLACE!
:smile:

3 Likes

I understand that people are spending a lot of money for the Gioeza Touretta SS16 (102). Itā€™s a rare kind of car that collectors covet.
But really, over 80 000 dollars for the Mitsushita, with plastic bumpers :thinking:
With all the respect I have for this car, IRL nobody would spend a huge amount of money in this kind of car lol.

1 Like

Lot 105, Paddle 031, $99,000

Donā€™t worry. We let the children play for now, but weā€™ll see who has the last laugh when it gets to the actual good lots and these guys have wasted $700k on 90s economy cars.

1 Like

That would be the person that earned an extra $700k on his spending budget by selling their 90s economy car for way over the estimated price. :thinking:

11 Likes

God dammit :joy:

Lot 107, Paddle 029, $160,000

Lot 107, Paddle 014, $163,000