The Top Magazine

#Saminda CR4 versus Maseima Levitas

When big businessmen want to impress (or perhaps intimidate) rivals, they drive up in a supersized multi-purpose vehicle (MPV). These “mobileboardrooms” show that they mean business, in more ways than one, and they’re also roomy enough to accommodate an entourage of key associates.

#Design
The Maesima Levitas looks like a Maesima Prova on steroids, and we mean that only for the appearance. It has a bit of a sporty look at the front with grilles reminiscent of the Maesima Prova. On the outside, the Saminda CR4 looks more like a traditional Minivan should look like, which makes it look a lot bigger than the Maesima. The front part of the CR4 has a classier look compared to the Levitas, which makes it seem more fitting for a family ride.

Despite the CR4 looking like the bigger of the 2 MPVs, the Levitas is actually bigger at about (4890 x 1850 x 1705) mm, while the CR4 measures at (4830 x 1820 x 1695) mm. While the difference in dimensions isn’t like comparing the biblical proportions of David and Goliath, it could be a difference maker for a potential buyer since it’s within the MPV category.

#Interior Space
Despite both cars being categorized as a Large MPV, the fact is, they are spacious and is capable of ferrying full size around in comfort. The main difference for this 2 MPV is the seating layout. The Maesima Levitas being a 4 + 2 seater which means it has Captain seats for its middle row, while the Saminda CR4 offers a bench seat for the middle row which translates to a full 7 seaters compared to the Levitas 6 seater in comparison.

#Engine Power
For a car that’s supposed to fit 6 people, both of them are capable but with a little benefit from Maesima due to it 2.5L engine that makes 236HP compared to Saminda 2.4L making 182HP.

#Safety Features
As for the safety for the car, let’s say the Maesima Levitas beats the Saminda CR4 hands down. In terms of active safety, both car has a rather similar setup. Levitas spots 10 airbags, while the CR4 comes with 8 airbags. Here is where the difference is. The Maesima is packed with passive safety features, while the Saminda only has the basic of passive safety features.

#Pricing
The Saminda CR4 starts at $27,500 while the one we tested is $32,500 while the Maesima Levitas starts at $27,950 while the one we tested is $33,150

#Conclusion
While both cars are categorized as a Large MPV, they are different in many ways. I would say if you want a sporty design MPV, the Maesima Levitas is the one to go for. The CR4 on the other hand, is a practical car and is generally well accepted by all workshops. The dated engine and gearbox design might be a turn down, but it is a proven power plant which is known for its reliability.

If you ask me which do i choose , it’s really a hard choice and is like asking me if apple or orange is more delicious , both of them are delicious and have their unique taste , but if there is a need to choose one , Maesima would be my choice.

6 Likes

nice job on the writeup, keeping it short(ish) and sweet. The punchup between Saminda “We’re working on it” and Maesima “We’re not Saminda” continues!!!

6 Likes

Now let’s wait for @Rk38 Maesima luxury division to open a thread , watchout Auxuras @Starfish94

3 Likes

Which brand you would rather spend money on?

• Saminda
  • Maesima

0 voters

I own a Saminda but i am voting Maesima due to it is a more dedicated brand for enthusiast

5 Likes

I’d go Maesima. In my opinion, their minivan looks a little better, and I trust that Maesima has their act together, instead of Saminda’s “We’re working on it!” campaign. That, and safety sells for me. Someone crashes into me, I want all of us to walk away unharmed.

2 Likes

Saminda are like Toyota , no matter how many people dislike a Camry , they still sell like hotcakes

#Next up is an interview with Dave Kamper , Saminda C2000R chief engineer and a review on Montes Excelsior

2 Likes

I voted for Maesima since Saminda-Auxuras as a whole is in the same unenviable position as Honda was in at the start of this decade. Moreover, Maesima reminds me of Kia and Mazda, both of which have been on an upward trajectory in terms of sales and quality recently.

I owned plenty of Saminda’s , non of them gave me any major problem , but recently their cars got no soul at all , look at their line-up now , well maybe only the Type-R is different

But i am looking forward to the C2000R

(From Cadence Engineering)

Rori: Owns 2 Maesima’s

Kasey: Owns an old CZ6, and has owned various Maesima’s and Axuras’ over the years.

Corbin: Has owned none, but is looking at buying a CZ6 Empire Edition

Amber: Dislikes both brands

Dillon: Wants a CZ6 and Various Maesima’s.

Jon: Likes his current Rennen

“Mike”: No-one knows.

Morgan: Owns an Axuras ITL SpectaL.

Overall, Cadence is quite balanced, but overall prefers Maesima.

2 Likes

Corbin must be rich , a CZ6 cost around 130K , oh you can get a Gryphon or KHT with that price.

I drove before a CZ6 , well it’s better then i expected

Corbin already has a KHT being ordered, and would never want to own a GG (No offence to Strop)

I might do a detailed list of who owns what soon…

1 Like

#The Top Magazine interviewed Dave Kamper , who is responsible for developing the upcoming “talk of the town” Saminda C2000R

Saminda has announced that Saminda R&D UK Chief Engineer Dave Kamper is leading the global team developing the new C2000R, so long talk cut short , let’s proceed to our interview shall we Mr. Kamper.

Q : Is the C2000R a full UK product?

DK : It’s a Saminda UK project , but it’s also a teamwork project , so you can consider about 50-50 split work with engineers in Japan , except for powerplant which is sourced from Japan , everything else is in UK.

Q : How do you feel when you are appoint as the project leader for this car

DK : (laughs) I am pretty excited to be honest , i joined Saminda since 1994 and i know how Saminda is dedicated to driving pleasure , what Yaeshiro Uchigo did few years ago with this car have left some legacy behind it. And i would like to remain this legacy in it.

Q : RWD Hot Hatch are pretty rare , why do Saminda adopt it?

DK : Most of the hot hatch in the market are based on family driven cars , while the original C2000R was a pure solo hatch because it’s to celebrate Saminda hit a total of 10m cars sold in Japan , and to celebrate that , the C2000R was born RWD since Saminda actually doesn’t bulit RWD cars.

Q : What makes the C2000R from a high revving naturally aspirated engine to a high tech hybrid powerplant?

DK : Like i said , the original C2000R was actually a pretty special car by Saminda , and we want to continue this legacy by making something special again

Q : What’s the most challenging things currently developing this car

DK : Most of the idea have been working well , until when Saminda Boss from Japan started to say “We want the fastest 4cylinder rear wheel drive hot hatch in the world” and from that moment everything had to be scraped and redo it.

I would want to thank @Starfish94 for making this interview happen

6 Likes

#6 BEST COMPACT CAR YOU CAN BUY NOW.
(Instead of a comparision , i will stick to my magazine tradition)

Big cars and trucks are out. Smaller ones that offer more for your dollar are in. And many drivers will hang onto the new cars they buy longer. So let’s take a look at our 6 best compact car you can buy.

#6 - Auxuras ITL SpectaL 2.0T ( $36,500 )

Auxuras has always been behind the German segment dominators but it seems the tables may be taking a turn with the with this new ITL.

There is no doubt that the ITL is a very capable car. But if you’re not bothered about people making jealous comments behind your back about how foolish you are to spend $36,500 on a FWD luxury car , follow your heart and go for it.

Like we said, when you follow your heart, you’ll be reaping rewards that will be unique in more ways than one.

Pros
Upscale material used on upholstery
Acceleration and Power
Biggest Cargo Capacity for it class.

Cons
Expensive for a FWD luxury car
Still using a joystick controller for it infotainment

5 - Zavir Luna Lusso Berlina 2.0 TiDe ( $29,400 )

Zavir Luna has one of the most stunning design in this compact car challenge. The fuel efficient petrol variants offer superb right quality with high speed dynamics. The safety features of this car are the same that you get with luxury sedans (includes ABS & airbags). If you want a spacious compact car, Luna is the one for you in all respects of class and style.

Pros
A well-built car
Italian brand
The Cost for the offers ( For the price it offer as much as an Auxuras ITL )

Cons
Underpowered , makes 153bhp from a 2L turbo engine
Fuel Consumption can be better from this engine.
Stiff Ride

4 - Erin Tauga Vox 2.5 ( $29,000 RoadSmart Safety and 7 speed pack )

The Erin Tauga is the best yet. It combines efficient engines, an enjoyable driving experience and a stylish design to make it one of the best family sedans on sale.

A finely made vehicle, the Tauga ticks all the boxes. It drives efficiently, handling is smooth and it looks and feels modern and stylish. It’s biggest problem however is it’s against ridiculously strong competition.

Pros
Smooth and powerful
Efficient engine
British design.

Cons
Erin charges to many optional equipment that should be standard. ( may go up to $30K )

3 - Maesima Prova ST 2.0 ( $26,050 after all optional )

The 2016 Maesima Prova is a great alternative to a full-size sedan. Amazingly, all versions of the sedan can be purchased for less $23,500. In terms of safety, the new Prova remains one of the safest rides in its price range. Unlike some of the bland-looking family sedans on the market, the Prova is an absolute head-turner.

Pros
Fuel Efficient
Beautiful Styling
Sporty Handling
Punchy Engine

Cons
Poor Headroom
Forget automatic like the Prova we tested , get the manual to unleash it power.

#2 - Saminda C3 SpectaL 1.5T ( $26,200 )

Saminda, a brand with a legacy so big it is now synonymous with panache in the world of technically sound cars which never disappoint its loyal customer and the key to this? A perfect balance of evolution and revolution. And with it all-new C3 , it’s a real fighter.

Pros
Great looks
Great fuel economy
Built to world-class standards

Cons
CVT Transmission , i don’t have to explain further right?

#1 - Adenine Cadence 1.6T ( $20,150 after all optional )

When it comes to bang for buck, few are in equal standing with the Cadence. It offers decent mileage from its humble four cylinder 1.6L powerplant. Couple that with decent build quality and equipment level and it all starts to make sense. But most of all, the bombproof reliability is the main selling point of the Adenine.

Pros
Beats all the competition with it pricing and offers.
Powerful engine
Dirt cheap

Cons
Lack of safety features.

7 Likes

Just saw this:

None taken, must be a Kiwi thing :laughing:

But Corbin will regret it when all he sees is GG overtaking him OHHHH SHOTS FIRED

2 Likes

Yeah, it seems I’m not the best at making eco engines… And that “underpowered” thing is because TIDe engines are meant to be fuel efficient (at which I failed a bit), and thus they are less powerful than their N/A counterparts.

Oh, and maybe it’s not clear enough, but in this variant Luna doesn’t cost 28300$, but rather 29400$ (+1100$ for this engine).

2 Likes

Edited the price !

2 Likes

I’d say 50MPG from the 1.6T is far more than “decent,” but hey, I won’t complain about victory :slight_smile:

A good set of comparisons, if you ask me. And now it’s really bugging me that I’m still back in the past, thereby out of the running for modern cars.

2 Likes

How do I get some of my econoboxes in here? They will make for some "good"reviews :wink:

Neat little review! Please keep doing more of these.

2 Likes