Thecarlover's mods & WIPs

Well that was indeed unexpected. Good to see though that someone is willing to fill some gaps in the earlier years.

The DKW Schnellaster is now available, hereā€™s the standalone download: thecarlover40MPVLarge.zip (1.7 MB)

Nice van for the film noir period, but I saw an exhaust hole if I placed single-sided exhaust. Also any possibilities on the pick-up versions (both single cab and crew cab)?

You might need to place it a little differently. Thereā€™s a small overlap of the rear bumper over the rear door area because of the way the mapping works, so thereā€™s an area that will cause strange holes if fixtures are placed there.

As for pickups, I have no plans for that since the DKW did not come in those variants. The closest to a pickup is this variant without a canopy:

So Iā€™m finally working on an SUV variant of the Super Duty Ram. Iā€™ll also include SWB versions of the single cab pickup with it. Now that Iā€™m finished with school until September, Iā€™ll be able to spend more time working on these, so it should be available pretty soon.

6 Likes

wait, youā€™re done with school already? lucky!

It feels so late. I finished university much earlier in the month. College just drags on until the very endā€¦

I wish I could be done with school already, Iā€™ve still got about 2 months left.

Still some tweaking to do (like framing the back windows) and reskinning the back, but hereā€™s the Super Duty Ram SUV, looking like a cross between a Durango and an Excursion:

6 Likes

Niceā€¦ Iā€™ve always really loved the broad (and morphable) front and rear fenders of this truck. They manage to not look grotesque when enlarged slightly; unlike the thin flares on most other bodies that start looking ridiculous if they arenā€™t completely flush with the body.

I imagine the short-wheel-base version of it will look very aggressive with the same fenders. Iā€™m definitely going to make a nice dune runner out of that one.

Maybe the rear-end of the SUV variant would look more complete if it was a little rounder like a 1st generation Durango? Itā€™ll fit the front-end a bit betterā€¦ could be just me though. By rounder I donā€™t mean the roof-line, but rather the curve of the bumper and rear hatch when viewed from the top or bottom. Otherwise, sheā€™s flawless.

Iā€™m rounding the top of it a bit, but Iā€™m not planning on rounding the back. Itā€™s kept the same as a pickup like the Excursion and the Super Duty, and also to keep the fixture placement simpler for different trims.

[quote=ā€œthecarlover, post:512, topic:6222, full:trueā€]
Iā€™m rounding the top of it a bit, but Iā€™m not planning on rounding the back. Itā€™s kept the same as a pickup like the Excursion and the Super Duty, and also to keep the fixture placement simpler for different trims.
[/quote]Ah, good pointā€¦ I didnā€™t think of that.

Oh, I like the look of that for a pickup and SUV. I think that truck outright screams ā€œsports truckā€ to me, but itā€™s about the perfect size for a small truck.

Itā€™s far from small, even being shortened so much. Itā€™ll basically be a full-size pickup with a medium length bed, and the SUV about the size of a Ford Excursion. I only shortened it, so itā€™s just as tall and wide as the original.

I understand that. I meant in comparison to the long-frame version which can get a full-size bed as well as a full crew cab.

Yeah, by far the longest wheelbase in the gameā€¦ this is somewhat more reasonable.

After the SUV/Truck, any chance we could get a proper ā€œdictatorā€™s car,ā€ something like the Mercedes Benz 600? You know, typical long-wheelbase, big, heavy, and designed for luxury.

The other thing I could think of would be a small cab-over pickup truck, something kei-car sized.

There are COE vans being made by others, though Iā€™m not sure about them being kei-sized. I donā€™t think it would be too hard to shrink them down for that, so it wonā€™t be on my to-do list for the moment. As for the dictator cars, I have been thinking about the Mercedes 600 already, but no guarantees. Iā€™ve also been looking at different models of Rolls Royce and Bentley through the years.
After the SUV/SWB pickup, Iā€™ll be making one or two variants of the 90s supercar, and also editing it a bit to look less like a MurciĆ©lago and more like a Diablo.

Thatā€™s fair enough. Was mostly an idea-drop, nothing to be set in concrete.

A couple of variants of the 90ā€™s supercar would be nice.

Definitely a convertible variant like the 00s one, and then maybe a t-top, but Iā€™m not entirely sure about that. Iā€™ll see how things go.