Thecarlover's mods & WIPs

This SUV will be available soon…

…and so will this pickup!

5 Likes

The 90s SUV/SWB pickup is now available! Check the first post for the Steam link.
thecarlover90SUVLarge.zip (1.1 MB)

3 Likes

The Diablo-ish body has been updated, check the first post!

Hate to bother you if you’re busy, but is there anything you’re currently working on?

At some point he mentioned “something modern and aerodynamic”. There just hasn’t been an update in a while.

The going’s slow on the modern and aerodynamic car. I just have a lot going on between work, friends, and family, so it’s taking a lot longer than I anticipated. I’m also having complications working the mesh properly because of the design (after all I only have a few months’ experience in 3DS Max), so that’s draining my motivation somewhat. I can say that I mostly have the side completed, so once I finish that it should be a lot easier and faster. :slight_smile:

As for after my current project, I might revisit some of my earlier models and improve them. I’m mainly looking at the Continental body. I’m also planning to make an early 90s Geo Tracker/Suzuki Sidekick, both 5 door and 3 door hardtop and convertible. We’re missing the small SUVs of the 90s in the game.

3 Likes

That’s okay. Real life is more important than mods for a game, and I do respect that. I was just curious to see if you’d had any plans/progress/status updates.

Sounds like you’re making progress, and I can certainly understand revisiting earlier models. The Continental’s one of my favorites, so I’m interested to see what improvements could be made. As for the Geo Tracker small SUV, definitely a cool idea. As you said, we’re missing the small SUVs. Heck, if you ask me, we’re missing small in general. But I’m glad to hear that things are in motion, even if they’re not moving fast. After all, rock crawlers may not be super speedy vehicles, but they’ll climb a mountain in the end.

I’ll let you get back to doing whatever you were doing.

1 Like

I figure I might as well show what I’ve got so far. I’m still tweaking the design here and there, but I figure I should be able to get the overall shape of the mesh soon and then start working on the details. I really wanted to make something different and futuristic.

10 Likes

Out of curiosity, how big of an engine can we fit in it? :smiley:

Please tell me that’s going to be the I.A.D Alien

3 Likes

That looks awesome!

Unlock date of 2020, I am guessing? or 2017, so it can be used in concepts?

Great!!, some “futuristic stuff” (we are lacking advanced models).

While you’re at it, make a boring version of it too.

4 Likes

woulda asked for an EV1, though an insight works just as well

1 Like

Or blend Insight with EV1 and take the best of both. Both cars looked awesome, in my opinion. That, and mix a little Prius in there, too, to get four doors as an option.

That said, the super-futuristic design looks awesome, too.

Thanks guys!

It’s actually none of the posted cars, but a concept car made between 10 and 20 years ago, and the covered wheel arch is my own addition. It’ll allow me to do the UV mapping only once, since it won’t be affected when I remove the wheel cover for the more “normal” variants. Front, mid, and rear engines will be possible, and it will be available in three and five door variants. Yes, a five door with a mid engine. Needless to say, large longitudinal engines won’t be possible.

Edit: The unlock date will likely be 2015, maybe even as low as 2013, as concepts of the kind existed already, and it’s something similar to the VW XL1.

3 Likes

So, 3 and 5 door are confirmed, and wheel covers as a variant, as well as all three engine positions. Any chance of a 4 door and 2 door version with a trunk? I know, I know, it’s not as aerodynamic, but it gives a better place to put on a wing if we’re trying to make this aerodynamic car into a fast car instead of an eco machine.

Still, I love the look of it so far.

1 Like

Oh, there’s plenty of space for a wing. See how the “pod” with the real wheels extends further than the drop of the back window? There’s also going to be a bit of a body coloured strip between the lower and upper windows on the liftback, as well as the possibility of having the wing wide enough to have its supports on either side of the upper window.

1 Like

Oh, cool! Must’ve missed that. Perspective is a tricky thing, and I wasn’t sure whether the rear wheel pod stuck behind the rear of the car or whether it was even with it.

1 Like