Thecarlover's mods & WIPs

I want this body for my new story company.

The Story that I could build.

Take your time TCL.

The Fine-S is now available! First post updated, hereā€™s the standalone file:
thecarlover20EcoLarge.zip (964.3 KB)

5 Likes

Thank you! Sexy body for a sexy person. :smiley: (Okay, maybe not that second partā€¦)

EDIT: So, I tried out the body, andā€¦ Iā€™m slightly underwhelmed. Yeah, that makes me sound like a douchebag, but hear me out. The body itself it gorgeous: it fits very well with the game, and it works well with fixutres. However, thereā€™s just no originality that can be injected into the body. The bottom of the front windshield and well as the rear both could use a morph, and the existing ones also could be exaggerated more. Iā€™d love to get a long bonnet and a rear windshield thatā€™s flucsh with the whole rear, but tahtā€™s just not possible at the moment. Donā€™t get me wrong, itā€™s a great mod. I think it just needs a little more originality in the morphing.

TL;DR needs more morphability m8.

1 Like

I canā€™t add a morph to the bottom of the windshield without ruining the lines of the wheel arches, so that was ruled out pretty quickly. I can certainly make some areas more morphable, but the shape of the car is such that Iā€™m limited about where I can place them. It was already a lot of trouble getting the rear to morph as it does and ultimately gave up on morphing the bottom of that window, hence why only the top has a morph option. Iā€™ll do some more testing to push the current morphs closer to their limits, but at this point Iā€™m not planning on adding any more. Maybe when I work on the five door variants Iā€™ll look into more morphability.

Edit: Iā€™ve increasing the morphing limits, so hopefully itā€™s a little less underwhelming now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Admittedly I am not particularly hot about that rear end but the front reminds me of another futuristic early 2000s eco concept car, the 2001 Honda Dualnote, which also appears to be mid-engined.

The greatest mid-engined four door concept car ever is still the Peugeot 908RC, LMP1 spec 700hp V12 Diesel and all.

7 Likes

This new body, available from 2015 onwards, is a great way to build an extremely slippery two-door, four-seat, front-engined grand tourer, since it can accommodate large V8 engines, even with AWD. Of course, driving around in a car with an unmistakable profile certainly helps. With so little aero drag, efficiency and top speed go through the roof.

However, as a mid-engined RWD coupe, it is not quite as effective since the engine bay is only large enough to hold a V6 at best, if the engine is mounted longitudinally. On the other hand, the extra traction over the back wheels will aid traction from a standing start, and it is still possible to install a pair of rear seats.

As for the front-engined version, we will soon have it with an extra pair of doors. Anyway, the radical aero shape is reminiscent of the Vision GT series, where innovative designs are encouragedā€¦ Your latest bodyshell is one of them.

2 Likes

Five doors coming soon!

14 Likes

The Fine-S has now been updated with five doors. I also lowered the Cd values a bit so the car isnā€™t overpowered. Instead of the previous 0.13 and 0.145 for the versions with and without wheel covers, theyā€™re now at 0.145 and 0.16. Still the most slippery car, just not excessively so anymore.

7 Likes

Iā€™d like to report a bug with the 10s SUV/SUT. Itā€™s a great looking body, but it seems to have far less cabin space than the similar SUV/pickup bodies. The SUT has less than a third of the space of the huge 4-door pickup, and the SUV has about 1000-2000L less space than the huge SUV. As a result, the body gets far less comfort, practicality, and utility than it should.

Also, for some reason, extending the length of the bed in the SUT reduces passenger space. EDIT: solved this myself by setting CargoSubtracts = False, but the total space is still smaller than the other bodies. It actually gets less passenger and cargo space than the 2.93m wheelbase extended cab pickup.

The cargo space for the pickup bed would be a bug, so I will fix that. As far as passenger space, the largest of the vanilla SUV/pickup is larger than this body, it just doesnā€™t seem like it from its proportions. The passenger space is set through the body boxes, and as you can see theyā€™re sized to fit the body:

Granted they could be expanded a bit, but not to the point of adding 1000-2000L of space.

5 Likes

The Suburban/Avalanche has been updated to fix the cargo issue.

5 Likes

Hereā€™s a preview of my current WIPā€¦

Iā€™ll also be making soft top and 5-door variants. Maybe also removable hardtop and 2-door variants.

15 Likes

That looks like itā€™ll be fun to build into a small, cheap off-roader.

Not to mention with the right morphing it could pass for a hot hatch or rally spec. Iā€™m definitely looking forward to this great work @thecarlover!

There are few, if any, modern small SUVs in this game, but this latest effort from @thecarlover is going to be a much-needed addition to that list.

I figured we could use a small SUV for the mid 80s to mid 90s, and I always liked these convertibles when I was a kid :stuck_out_tongue: Iā€™ll definitely be adding a lot of morphs (they work better with square shapes). @Rk38 Itā€™s too tall to pass as a hot hatch, but the fender morphs will certainly help it pass as a rally car while the front bumper is a good place to hold those offroad lights.

3 Likes

Now to do the skinning, then work on the convertible and five door variants.

15 Likes

In what year will this body be introduced in the game?

Iā€™m ready to make a Escudo Pikes Peak.

Nice. This was the closest I could go:

I am looking foward to the five-door variant, this is what my company needs. :slight_smile:

1 Like