Thecarlover's mods & WIPs

That fixed it, thanks!

Hopefully this thread of all these issues I’m having could help others with troubleshooting as well.

[quote=“thecarlover”]That fixed it, thanks!

Hopefully this thread of all these issues I’m having could help others with troubleshooting as well.[/quote]

so how long you say until release?

[quote=“cpufreak101”]

[quote=“thecarlover”]That fixed it, thanks!

Hopefully this thread of all these issues I’m having could help others with troubleshooting as well.[/quote]

so how long you say until release?[/quote]

Sometime tomorrow, I’d say. Still have a few changes I need to do to the .lua file, and I also need to make a thumbnail for it. I’m also going to make a passenger version with windows soon. The mesh and skinning have been done with that in mind, so I’ll just need to add a bit to the mesh and assign the materials.

In the meantime, here’s a sporty mid 70s van!

I’ve skinned it in a way that it can made to look more like a GMC Vandura/Chevy Van than a Ford Econoline. Also, the engine bay can easily take a 10.9L V8.*
[size=85]
*Not final product. Could be subject to change.[/size]

[quote=“thecarlover”]

Sometime tomorrow, I’d say. Still have a few changes I need to do to the .lua file, and I also need to make a thumbnail for it. I’m also going to make a passenger version with windows soon. The mesh and skinning have been done with that in mind, so I’ll just need to add a bit to the mesh and assign the materials.

(hungy)

I’ve skinned it in a way that it can made to look more like a GMC Vandura/Chevy Van than a Ford Econoline. Also, the engine bay can easily take a 10.9L V8.*
[size=85]
*Not final product. Could be subject to change.[/size][/quote]

ah kk, and if you did a good enough job on it the devs might make it part of the game, don’t count on it though, but yeah, i’ll be waiting for it’s release

[quote=“cpufreak101”]

[quote=“thecarlover”]

(hungy)

[size=85]
*Not final product. Could be subject to change.[/size][/quote]

ah kk, and if you did a good enough job on it the devs might make it part of the game, don’t count on it though, but yeah, i’ll be waiting for it’s release[/quote]

I’m seeing a couple things I could improve, so hopefully it won’t take too long. Namely curving out the side of the body (the area below the windows is just flat). Thankfully I detailed the mesh enough from the start that it should be easy to do.

I’ve got a couple of issues/questions:
The front wheels can be offset well beyond their wheel wells. What can I do to prevent that?
What is the “Cd =” value in the “Drag & Lift” section of the .lua? I assume it’s the drag value, and if so, how do I calculate that?

Any idea as to when this bad boy will end up on the steam workshop?

Soon! I’m trying to get it up by the end of the day. Just a bit of playing around with the .lua and the thumbnail left to do. And then figure out how to put it on steam with photos.

[quote=“thecarlover”]
The front wheels can be offset well beyond their wheel wells. What can I do to prevent that?
What is the “Cd =” value in the “Drag & Lift” section of the .lua? I assume it’s the drag value, and if so, how do I calculate that?[/quote]

This should give you a rough Cd value: hpwizard.com/aerodynamics.html

As for the wheel offset bug, this may be caused by the mirrors. IIRC the same isue occurred with vans that had mirrors close to front fender. Not sure if there’s a workaround.

[quote=“partario”]

[quote=“thecarlover”]
What is the “Cd =” value in the “Drag & Lift” section of the .lua? I assume it’s the drag value, and if so, how do I calculate that?[/quote]

This should give you a rough Cd value: hpwizard.com/aerodynamics.html

As for the wheel offset bug, this may be caused by the mirrors. IIRC the same isue occurred with vans that had mirrors close to front fender. Not sure if there’s a workaround.[/quote]

Thanks! The front can be morphed in a way that part of the mirror overlaps the wheel arch, so I guess that might be the issue.

Passenger version! The rear morph can add an extra 1.2 m to the length.

I set the seating options at 2, 5, 8, 11, but I only get 2, 5, 8 available in game. Am I limited to 3 values, or does it just consider the van too short for a fourth row of seats?

I suggest using this - docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ … 47&vpid=A1

You find the real world Cd of the car you’re modeling, and then this will try to remove the vent/grille/cooling drag from it to give you a base value.

It’s complete! Workshop link and details in first post.

looks nice so far, i’ll make myself a vehicle out of it (and you really do seem to work quite fast, may i request a badge to be made?

Thanks! I haven’t tried tackling anything other than bodies so far, so badges (or any fixture) are out of the question for the moment. I will try my hand at those eventually, and I might consider taking requests when that time comes.

[quote=“thecarlover”]

Thanks! I haven’t tried tackling anything other than bodies so far, so badges (or any fixture) are out of the question for the moment. I will try my hand at those eventually, and I might consider taking requests when that time comes.[/quote]

ok, take your time, also i made a car out of the van body, here’s a link to it: viewtopic.php?p=88510#p88510

I added a .zip file for anyone playing the standalone version, as well as a special variant.

I’ve installed and tried your car. Looks like you’ve gotten a great start. :slight_smile: Makes me think of the A-Team. :mrgreen:

Thanks! The A-Team van is the main reason I tried to get it to morph to be closer to a Vandura, and why the fenders can flare out so much.

I like it. Fits a gap for old-school people haulers and cargo vans between the 60’s era micro-bus and the 90’s era van.

Here’s my current WIP: 1960s Lincoln Continental