Thecarlover's mods & WIPs

It’ll be complicated, but I’ll try to have a morph to make the hatch more even with the back of the pod for a slightly more conventional look… but only slightly, this car is far from conventional.

1 Like

Little progress update…

Still a lot to do, but I have most of the overall shape and smoothing finished.

8 Likes

Roofline resembles Citroen C4 Coupe a little bit. Great body, although I will probably have no idea how to use it reasonably :smiley:

Small mid-mounted turbocharged V8 would be a good use for it :wink:

2 Likes

Unconventional, but I like it! It’s kinda got this semi-futuristic look to it, but near-future instead of pure sci-fi. It’s almost like what I’d expect if the first-generation Honda Insight had stuck around long enough to warrant a perfectly good concept.

And yet it’s not so outlandish that we can’t see it on the road today. It has elements of hyper-aerodynamic supercars with eco-hybrid-fuel-sippers at the same time, and that’s perfect.

1 Like

It almost looks like an elio but with 4 enclosed wheels.

That’s where the 3- and 5-door variants come in, as well as variants with and without wheel covers. It’s going to look sleek and modern regardless, but it can be used as a family hatch, an eco car, or even a supercar. It’s quite long and the engine bay won’t be huge, so it won’t necessarily be a conventional supercar.

1 Like

If there’s enough morphing variety available with that design, there’s few limits to what we can make.

(And yes, I’m using the tiny bit of information available to try and find the original inspiring concept because I want to see the real thing it’s based on, even though my designs will always be different.)

I’ll reveal what it’s based on when the time comes :wink: It’s a fairly obscure yet awesome concept.

2 Likes

I’m really looking forward towards this one. I really like that you’re making a concept body for the game. There were so many beautiful designs throughout history that never made it to fruition (I believe I’ve mentioned my love of the Nissan CUE-X concept at some point)… though to be fair, there were/are even more designs that made me shake my head, lol.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen the concept you are making… but if I were to guess who made it… I’d say Renault.

1 Like

if i believe correctly, this is based off of a Renault Zoom, an EV concept from the 1990’s but restyled to give it a more 2020’s style, i could be wrong tho

1 Like

I remember that car, and nope, it’s not that at all. That’s not obscure enough :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

That’s the 2003 Toyota Fine-S, pretty obscure indeed :wink:

2 Likes

Is this the “Guess the Car” game now?

1 Like

We have a winner!

Of course I had to make some changes from the concept for it to be properly usable in-game and to be a little more in line with a production car like the VW XL-1

9 Likes

Will you make a version without rear wheel covering?

Looking at it I have to ask one important thing: Will there be a version with rear-view mirrors, because y’know, reasons of road legalness?

There will be variants without the wheel covers, but I’m not planning on any different mirror designs.
Like the XL-1, the cameras are much more aerodynamic than mirrors. I realise it’s not legal in all parts of the world but for the game it just seems like a small detail that isn’t really worth worrying about, especially since this is more of a concept/near future car.

2 Likes

I’ll hopefully have the three door versions available soon, the five door ones a bit later. The Toyota Fine-S it’s based on is larger than it appears, so this is a big car with a 3.1 m wheelbase.

I might make a scaled down version as well, though the engine bays will be quite limited in size (they already are fairly small).

10 Likes

Do you reckon that you could morph it enough so that it looks like a normal production car? If you could, I would be really happy.