Thecarlover's mods & WIPs

(this is what Speed is referencing)

10 Likes

The book specified the Plymouth Fury, but the movie used a Plymouth Belvedere. The more you know :wink:

5 Likes

Hi there. Love this new body!
One question, though. I downloaded it as soon as it came out, but when I tried making a car with it earlier today, I was unable to find the body anywhere-I tried re-downloading the body and even installing the standalone version, but sadly, it didnā€™t work. Can you help me figure out why this might be? :confused:

Any problem with that is not on my end, the body works fine. Check the Support section about issues with mods, itā€™s certainly not an isolated issue and could have a lot of possible solutions.

2 Likes

Well, okay then.

The good news is, though, I was able to-after a couple of initial mistakes-install the standalone version without any problems once I found the right directory, so itā€™s all good here.

Once again, love this new body, and I canā€™t wait to work with it now.

So Iā€™m going to do something differentā€¦

##Open source mirrors!

As mirrors are pretty much the only component of car models that can be reused, I figured I could make my mirrors open source for other modders to use on other models. Theyā€™re such a small and simple thing so Iā€™m giving something back that can hopefully be useful to somebody.

###Feel free to recolour, rescale, edit, whatever else. This is me giving permission that theyā€™re free to use as-is or modified without need to credit me, but do no claim them as your own.

thecarlover - Mirrors.zip (156.3 KB)

#####The mirrors are individual objects that can be imported one at a time to any model. I will update this file if I make any new mirrors before UE4. These mirrors are not compatible with the upcoming model changes with UE4. When modding becomes possible with UE4 I will upload an updated version with the required materials.

21 Likes

Is it not possible to have the body model not incorporate mirrors and have the mirrors be fixtures instead?

2 Likes

Not currently, no. It would severely limit their placement. However, wing mirrors seem to be a fixture type coming with UE4, as well as fixture placement on plastic, chrome, glass, etc, so it might be possible to just make mirror fixtures down the line.

4 Likes

So Iā€™ve currently got another quick project that will be released before the 50s carā€¦

##50s kei van!
######(the round sealed beam lights have not been rescaled, just for reference)

I originally made it to 1949 kei regulations (max 2.8m long, 1m wide) but it was too small for the engine (canā€™t even go down to the 150cc limit), so itā€™s been upscaled to fit 1950 kei regulations (max 3m long, 1.3m wide). Will still unlock in 1946. I just need to scale the 3 door cargo version appropriately.

10 Likes

The 40s-50s kei van is now available! First post has been updated.

thecarlover40VanKei.zip (613.8 KB)

12 Likes

Damn, definitely not a good base for V16ā€¦

2 Likes

Not with that attitude it isnā€™t.

4 Likes

26 Likes

I hope that this is large enough to fit the 904cid pushrod V12 iā€™ve made.:grin:

5 Likes

If the not-Continental body (both sizes) was (and still is) the right choice for building 60s land yachts, surely this latest body will be just the ticket for the 50s? Iā€™m thinking of using it to build an early hot rodā€¦

2 Likes

Please give us it now, do not wait for Unreal :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Will you still make new bodies for the UE4 version? If so, which ones will you work on first?

Thereā€™s no way to make mods for UE4 at this point, Iā€™ll have to wait for a development kit from the dev team. In the meantime, Iā€™m still working on the 50s car for the kee engine.

8 Likes

All the variants so far. Still in the works are the 4 door convertible, coupe, 2 door convertible, and 3 door wagon.

15 Likes

ā€œOh,no; Itā€™s that red Plymouth from hell. RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!ā€ :joy:

That model is lookinā€™ sharp right there.

4 Likes